GT500/ZL1 in SFL, who was it?

04nccobra

Established Member
But we know the ZL1s will never be as fast as the new GT500 or struggle to keep up with the current GT500s. A stock 11-12 GT500 will handle a stock ZL1 no problems. I really can't believe they are saying it could have been a V6 or SS with a ZL1 fascia. Do they already have actual ZL1 fascia's out for them to put on their V6/SS's cars?.

We do know this, and how may I ask? We do know that some mags have already claimed very low 12s and another with a sub 12 second run for a manual bone stock ZL1, the auto version should be faster, on an un-prepped road. We do know that the 11/12 500 hits 12:20-12:30s in these same conditions. We do know on a prepped track with perfect conditions a 11/12 500 may break into the 11s with somebody like Evan Smith driving. We do know that the ZL1 will more than likely show it's tail lights to a stock 11/12 on a track such as VIR.

We expect that the LSA will handle 650-700 rwhp as the CTSV has been pushed to this level for a few years by tuners. Hell there are plenty of LS3 running this rwhp. So yes there will be modded cars out there to play also.

Now lets wait for some tuner shops and mags to get these ZL1s and 13 500s on an actual sticky dragstrip and see how fast they really are before we crown a winner...Hell it may in fact be slower than the present 500 as well as the 13 model.

Last edited:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
??

the zl1 is basically a cts-v with an intake, and much, much uglier shell. plenty of cts-v guys have their cars well into the 600's for rwhp without issue. what more do you want from a factory motor??

if the automatics can hold, these cars should do well from a dig with just a pulley. i'm not a pro, when it comes to shifting---but if i can get traction from a dig in my cts-v, its quicker (in my hands) than my c6z to 60mph. it is what it is. from a 60 roll in second gear on the vette--totally different story. the auto loves the dig though, and my V can put it down.

It was stated "more than 700rwhp," not "well into the 600's."

This is what I was responding to.

BTW, the new thread on the same subject over there, was combined with the closed one, and kept closed.

All one has to do is see the reasoning of one of the Moderators (Gods) to understand why the site is such a mess.
Nobody needs "truth police" around here. Especially about Mustangs on a Camaro website. I'm sorry - but as strongly as I stand by what I said above, and will for as many times as it comes up....some people MUST realize this "fact":

We are a Camaro community...we poke fun of the Mustang as we're told to in the Camaro commandments...we don't care if we're 100% correct or not. We're not stupid, or "ignorant"...we just don't care. Just as Mustang enthusiasts aren't always on the ball when talking about the Camaro...because they don't care. This is not a bad thing: it's to be expected. Let it go.

This was the slapdown to ffrcobra_65, who also posts here, and owns a Camaro SS, and a GT500, and intends on buying a ZL1.

Sigh.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Yep. Were just immature brats over here at SVT. Must be our ages. Or perhaps its because we did not drink the koolaid and understood that the ZL1 was not the Alpha and Omega of the automotive world.

S.Fla is a haven for new cars and exotics. Would not surprise me at all to see a ZL1 down here on the road, or even modded out. To see Lambo's and Ferrari's here are a dime to a dozen. So somehow I do not think seeing a ZL1 on the road is the OMG even they think is. Would not be surprised if the people knew each other. Hell my garage has Zo6's Srt8's Subbies BMW's and Evo's all running together to go to the track. If anyone saw us on 95, they would swear we were racing. In truth, were all together. Yeah, and we would be playing follow the leader a bit....

Last edited:

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Wouldn't you be if:

1) Your favorite model was out of production for 7 years while it's primary competitor kept on rolling along.

2) Your completely new Camaro design only had a few months of better performance before Ford was back on top in terms of stock performance from the base and GT/SS model perspective.

3) GM has done nothing since the 5.0 returned to the Mustang to bring better performance to the SS model.

4) You had to go 5 years before Chevy offered you a direct competitor to the GT500.

5) When your GT500 competitor is finally given a greenlight for production, it is completely overshadowed by the news that the next GT500 will be capable of numbers previously unheard of for a factory production Mustang.

6) You scramble to get an order in for your ZL1 only to have it delayed for weeks for a mysterious quality hold.

7) You have a site dedicated to the Gen5 Camaro, but no matter what you do, people on your site who actually own a Camaro, as well as some who do not, hold out the GT500 as the more impressive ponycar.

8) You receive your ZL1 and bring it home to do a liitle interior detailing and as you are wiping down the dash with quick detailer, the ZL1 badging falls off as you run your microfiber towel over it.

9) Your dealer calls to tell you your ZL1 has arrived, but after taking it out for a quick spin (really? WTH!) they tell you the differential has a horrendous roar coming from it and will need to be replaced.

10) After being told over and over a pre-2013 GT500 has no chance against a ZL1, some guy posts upon on a rivals message forum that he witnessed a pre-2013 GT500 put a hurting on a new ZL1.

:D

Lol :thumbsup:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I always find it funny how those jokers over there call us immature when they dont even allow open conversation over there, as opposed to here where all are welcome....amazing the bullcrap they spew

anyway I cant wait to see video of a ZL1 getting spanked and oh yea let me knot forget to add how many people over there have given up their ZL1 orders or got screwed out of them...way to go GM lol

edit: maybe this guy is willing to race his, once it gets properly broken it and cared for you know, don't need any mishaps with the precious LSA :lol1:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215843

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hehe yes. I saw this earlier. Hopefully he's not my ZL1 is going to be worth a gizzillion dollars in a hundred and he actually drives it and have some fun.

Come on down ! Come on down to PBIR ! Weds are only 20 bucks !

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
I always find it funny how those jokers over there call us immature when they dont even allow open conversation over there, as opposed to here where all are welcome....amazing the bullcrap they spew

anyway I cant wait to see video of a ZL1 getting spanked and oh yea let me knot forget to add how many people over there have given up their ZL1 orders or got screwed out of them...way to go GM lol

edit: maybe this guy is willing to race his, once it gets properly broken it and cared for you know, don't need any mishaps with the precious LSA :lol1:

#75 has arrrived in MIAMI!!!!!! - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

im going to post there and see if he wants run...:beer:

All-Or-Nothing

Established Member

#75 has arrrived in MIAMI!!!!!! - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

What a big circle jerk these guys have going on over there.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Wouldn't you be if:

1) Your favorite model was out of production for 7 years while it's primary competitor kept on rolling along.

2) Your completely new Camaro design only had a few months of better performance before Ford was back on top in terms of stock performance from the base and GT/SS model perspective.

3) GM has done nothing since the 5.0 returned to the Mustang to bring better performance to the SS model.

4) You had to go 5 years before Chevy offered you a direct competitor to the GT500.

5) When your GT500 competitor is finally given a greenlight for production, it is completely overshadowed by the news that the next GT500 will be capable of numbers previously unheard of for a factory production Mustang.

6) You scramble to get an order in for your ZL1 only to have it delayed for weeks for a mysterious quality hold.

7) You have a site dedicated to the Gen5 Camaro, but no matter what you do, people on your site who actually own a Camaro, as well as some who do not, hold out the GT500 as the more impressive ponycar.

8) You receive your ZL1 and bring it home to do a liitle interior detailing and as you are wiping down the dash with quick detailer, the ZL1 badging falls off as you run your microfiber towel over it.

9) Your dealer calls to tell you your ZL1 has arrived, but after taking it out for a quick spin (really? WTH!) they tell you the differential has a horrendous roar coming from it and will need to be replaced.

10) After being told over and over a pre-2013 GT500 has no chance against a ZL1, some guy posts upon on a rivals message forum that he witnessed a pre-2013 GT500 put a hurting on a new ZL1.

:D

i lol'd reading this.

I saw one at best buy about a week ago. He had a nice dent in the side of his car already. (Where is the facepalm icon thing?)

They are definitely out, as i saw this black one. He wouldnt even look at me in my little 5.0 :(. I wanted to see how his fancy magnetic ride shit handled around corners.

oh and CTS-V > ZL1. Those sedan ctsv's are sex in that blue color.

GarageLogic

Established Member
So, after the 1/4 mile results Hennessey got out of their stock ZL1 (12.5@116) do people still want to call BS on what I witnessed Monday? Really?

GarageLogic

Established Member
only 116? Thats disappointing. Shelbys gonna mop up the stock ZL1s. Thankfully there's room to grow with only 7lbs stock boost
Not much, at least not with the stock internals and spinning that blower faster is going to create more heat along with more power.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

Yep. They got so butthurt over there that they locked down the thread.

I've been banned multiple times over there for really doing nothing besides calling out ignorant statements. I've been told multiple times over there that this is "their" website and they won't take someone saying something complimentary about a competing car.

I've never met a more close minded, more parochial group of jackasses in my entire life. It's like the entire website just exudes inferiority complex.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
only 116? Thats disappointing. Shelbys gonna mop up the stock ZL1s. Thankfully there's room to grow with only 7lbs stock boost

damn, cts-v's can trap 119, and run as low as 12.3 in stock form. i'm all for the hp wars between ford/gm. i was always a ford guy (owned 5 foxes, and my cobra), but my last 3 cars have been gm's.

GarageLogic

Established Member
So, I might as well have been called a liar regarding what I saw in southwest FL awhile back. Now I ask again, given everything we've seen regarding the ZL1 roll racing prowess (modded n/a Boss 302's seem to own them), do those of you who accused me of telling a big fib have anything you might want to say? Probably not, but though I'd ask anyway.

Kewlv8

Established Member
So, I might as well have been called a liar regarding what I saw in southwest FL awhile back. Now I ask again, given everything we've seen regarding the ZL1 roll racing prowess (modded n/a Boss 302's seem to own them), do those of you who accused me of telling a big fib have anything you might want to say? Probably not, but though I'd ask anyway.

Can I day "Dayummmmm, that pig of a ZL1 is slow for 580HP?" :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread