GT500/ZL1 in SFL, who was it?

GarageLogic

Established Member
So, let me get this straight, I post something on this site, but that makes me a troll on their board? LOL, I think the inmates are running the asylum over there.

Even when I did post over there, I was hardly a troll. My posts were respectful, articulate and supported by facts. They banned me, I think, because I was never willing to state the Camaro was a better car than the Mustang.

Last edited:

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
The ZL1's saving grace is going to be the auto trans option. Going to help a lot of the no driving retard vs retard races in favor of the retard with a slushbox :)

40calcobra

Established Member
:lol1: I got IP banned from camaro5 six months ago. I have to use a proxy to even view the site. Nothing but douchers and old men on that site.
For what? Wait let me guess telling the truth?
QFT.... LSX guys tend to be pretty hard core nutswingers on those sites. If you don't worship the bowtie you are a troll. Heck getting banned over there would be a badge of honor!!
I only go there when I need a good laugh

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
When I was into the hard core off-roading, there was always the guy or guys who would put a 5.0 in a Ranger with the stock 7.5" rear, and Dana 28 front. They would swear up one side and down the other that it was a perfectly reasonable thing to do, because their boyfriend/girlfriend/dad/uncle/aunt/2ndcousin/distant relatives friend did it, and ran 100's of thousands of miles that way................ reliably.

The point being, just because some are getting away with it, doesn't mean the smart person doesn't change out to a 8.8 rear, and Dana 35 front.

I would think the LSA at 700rwhp is one tank of bad gas away from "boom."

computer_nerd

Established Member
I never thought about it that way. Now I really wish I would've had the foresight to get some video. Not that you would have seen much more that Camaro and Mustang taillights pulling quickly away from the Sentra!:D

Whether or not it was the first race between the two, it certainly won't be the last. As spring moves into summer, I'm sure GT500/ZL1 videos will be going viral.

I'd post over on Camaro5.com to see if it was one of their members but, alas, I am banned from that site awhile back.

already there...

Anybody know anything? ZL1/GT500 - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

LS2GTO

Established Member
So how do you know that the GT500 was stock again? What if it was a moderately modded car with pulley, intake, tune etc.?

Wouldn't make fun of the ZL1 losing to a GT500 not knowing mods for both, or at least the GT500.

GarageLogic

Established Member
So how do you know that the GT500 was stock again? What if it was a moderately modded car with pulley, intake, tune etc.?

Wouldn't make fun of the ZL1 losing to a GT500 not knowing mods for both, or at least the GT500.
Who said the GT500 was stock? We assume the ZL1 was, given they have only been on the streets a couple of weeks, but we don't know any details about either car. Regardless, in this case, the ZL1 got owned from a roll by a GT500. Will that be the result for every ZL1/GT500 race that ever happens? Obviously not.

But who cares, I'm just a known troll anyway.:bored:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Someone on C5 said it must have been a V6 with a Fascia or an SS.

Really, a V6? Really, an SS?

According to a few on C5, it would most likely take a heavily modded 13' GT500 to even run with a stock ZL1.

I post there, and am pretty neutral on the site. I ignore the constant Mustang bashing, Ford is junk crap, but from time to time, chime in a bit.

GarageLogic

Established Member
hahahaha they seem butt hurt over there
Wouldn't you be if:

1) Your favorite model was out of production for 7 years while it's primary competitor kept on rolling along.

2) Your completely new Camaro design only had a few months of better performance before Ford was back on top in terms of stock performance from the base and GT/SS model perspective.

3) GM has done nothing since the 5.0 returned to the Mustang to bring better performance to the SS model.

4) You had to go 5 years before Chevy offered you a direct competitor to the GT500.

5) When your GT500 competitor is finally given a greenlight for production, it is completely overshadowed by the news that the next GT500 will be capable of numbers previously unheard of for a factory production Mustang.

6) You scramble to get an order in for your ZL1 only to have it delayed for weeks for a mysterious quality hold.

7) You have a site dedicated to the Gen5 Camaro, but no matter what you do, people on your site who actually own a Camaro, as well as some who do not, hold out the GT500 as the more impressive ponycar.

8) You receive your ZL1 and bring it home to do a liitle interior detailing and as you are wiping down the dash with quick detailer, the ZL1 badging falls off as you run your microfiber towel over it.

9) Your dealer calls to tell you your ZL1 has arrived, but after taking it out for a quick spin (really? WTH!) they tell you the differential has a horrendous roar coming from it and will need to be replaced.

10) After being told over and over a pre-2013 GT500 has no chance against a ZL1, some guy posts upon on a rivals message forum that he witnessed a pre-2013 GT500 put a hurting on a new ZL1.

:D

Last edited:

Vigilante375

Established Member
I'm sure the ZL1 will not go boom unless they get a crappy tune like what happened with the early 5.0s. But we know the culprit for those early engines. If the engine is exactly the same as the CTS-V LSA engine then, in theory, it should hold/make the same kind of power.

But we know the ZL1s will never be as fast as the new GT500 or struggle to keep up with the current GT500s. A stock 11-12 GT500 will handle a stock ZL1 no problems. I really can't believe they are saying it could have been a V6 or SS with a ZL1 fascia. Do they already have actual ZL1 fascia's out for them to put on their V6/SS's cars?

I do believe the OP, but chances are low for a newly released ZL1 to race a GT500. But hey, people still get struck by lightning so it can happen.

Lol at those guys on Camaro5 (C5 sounds gay and you're not a Corvette forum) not condoning street racing. Now, it is stupid but if there is no one around then why would it be bad. I'm sure 95% of their members do that but look down on it.

If the ZL1 guys think they have a chance against the '13 GT500 they are really retarded. I can see a current gen GT500 having a slightly hard time but not the 650hp, lighter '13 GT500. But at least some admitted a GT500 is a beast from a roll.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Lol at all the butthurt and excuses on C5. It's funny that they call SVT immature when they can't handle any criticism of their precious camaro. So many people have been banned from that site that it's not even funny.

C5 is a joke of an automotive forum :burn:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Until they start modding unwisely, and they they will see "boom."

??

the zl1 is basically a cts-v with an intake, and much, much uglier shell. plenty of cts-v guys have their cars well into the 600's for rwhp without issue. what more do you want from a factory motor??

if the automatics can hold, these cars should do well from a dig with just a pulley. i'm not a pro, when it comes to shifting---but if i can get traction from a dig in my cts-v, its quicker (in my hands) than my c6z to 60mph. it is what it is. from a 60 roll in second gear on the vette--totally different story. the auto loves the dig though, and my V can put it down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread