GT500/ZL1 in SFL, who was it?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
That pic of the ZL1 on the street is pretty solid evidence they're out. Didnt take someone long to get plates. Also notice the brake lights dont appear to work on it already lol. Only the brake light in the spoiler.

I noticed that too. I thought it looked funny with just the third brake light on only.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So this was a pre 2013 GT500 laying the smack down on a zl1? Looks like bad news for the zl1.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Same thing happened to me with a newer Porcshe 911 Turbo. I was cruising, he came along side me, I looked over to check his car out. Beautiful car and would you know it the guy gave me the this "I'm better than you look".

Ok ****er it's on I gave him a pipe check, told him to roll his window down, which he did.

Told him 3 honks he agreed, we took off and it wasn't pretty for him. This was before the TVS.

I think I beat the driver.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
unless you keep up with the forums both here and the "other" site dont come in calling BS, the ZL1's have been arriving since last week....secondly this is no surprise, from a roll a current GT500 will probably beat a ZL1....and Garage you already know that the one that lost would not admit it and is probably on the other forum saying how he beat a current GT500, then again they arent allowed to talk or show street racing over there....LOL

C6Z06427

Established Member
Got to be pretty awesome to witness a race like that. I am willing to bet that GT500 wasn't stock. I am very surprised that the ZL1 driver raced his car with only a handful of miles on it since the first deliveries happened just last week

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Gt500 might of been modded, or the ZL1 wasnt broken in yet? OR... driver?? I mean so many factors... but thats so awesome to witness such an event...its like the moons were aligned that day...

Kenneth

Established Member
don't take much mods If any to beat a ZL1 from a roll.
Power to weight ratio goes in favor of the GT500. (11-12 my)

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hehe interesting. The ZL1's are hitting S. FLa already. I believe I saw one in Tropical Chevy showroom while I was driving by Saturday night. Did not want to stop and take a look....you know, after hours, 6'4 295 Ethnic guy on a dealership lot...we'll just leave it at that ...lol

But I from where Garage says he seen it, would not surprise me one bit. I am waiting for one to run up on me....I'm hoping to see something at PBIR this Weds...

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Saw this on another forum... ZL1's are on the street
7058608757_9a1862e7c3_c.jpg

:beer: Cool. I cant wait to kill one myself in my lowly ss

armyavnguy

Established Member
Should of pressed that gas pedal through the floor in the Sentra, let the turbo kick in and beat both of the cars haha! J/K would have been awesome to see that run! GOOD STORY and look forward to hear more like it soon.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Well, even if the guy is "on the other forum," we will never know............... as the thread has been closed already.

Oh, before the closing, the OP of this thread was stated to be a troll. LOL

There are going to be alot of bruised ego's, when more of the ZL1's try a GT500.

Vigilante375

Established Member
There havent been any ZL1s delivered in the states yet. The very first one just hit canada last week

Wow, where have you been for the past couple of weeks? The first delivered ZL1 was in Canada but they have been arriving in the states since last week. Hell, 1 dude already did an oil change. But for some reason all the one's I see on camaro5 (since they have threads dedicated to them being delivered BTW) they have all been auto's, a couple of manuals. But all the pictures I see are auto's.

OP, this would be great to see a new ZL1 losing to a current GT500. I wish I could have been there to see it but in a week or so I bet we'll see them trying to break into the 11s....while only staying in the 12s.

40calcobra

Established Member
Well, even if the guy is "on the other forum," we will never know............... as the thread has been closed already.

Oh, before the closing, the OP of this thread was stated to be a troll. LOL

There are going to be alot of bruised ego's, when more of the ZL1's try a GT500.

In camaro land if you don't drink the kool-aid or don't have your head stuffed up fbody's a$$ you are a troll!

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
In camaro land if you don't drink the kool-aid or don't have your head stuffed fbody's a$$ you are a troll!

QFT.... LSX guys tend to be pretty hard core nutswingers on those sites. If you don't worship the bowtie you are a troll. Heck getting banned over there would be a badge of honor!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I think a lot of ZL1 owners are going to get butt hurt at the beginning. They are new to this where we been at it for a while. Many GT500's running around ARE NOT stock. At the least most have a pulley swap. Now I have seen some stock ones, but even those are no pushover, simply because the GT500 weighs less. So it will still be trouble.

Yep. Think we will see quite a few of these stories until the GM boys start modding. Then it may even out...maybe....

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
I think a lot of ZL1 owners are going to get butt hurt at the beginning. They are new to this where we been at it for a while. Many GT500's running around ARE NOT stock. At the least most have a pulley swap. Now I have seen some stock ones, but even those are no pushover, simply because the GT500 weighs less. So it will still be trouble.

Yep. Think we will see quite a few of these stories until the GM boys start modding. Then it may even out...maybe....

Flipside of that is all the cts-v parts will bolt onto a ZL1 and they'll make 650 wheel pretty handily... and that market has had 3-4 years to develop already

Users who are viewing this thread