GT500 Brotherhood forum....

rdsnk46

Established Member
Seems as if gone are the days of common respect in the Forum. I can remember when the GT500 section first came about there was so much respect for the common group members. Often I see bashing or people just trying to cause drama on the boards in the 13-14 GT500 section.

I'm hoping we can all come together so that this can be what it was in the past.....currently it's become a place where people are not actually trying to help one another to learn about our cars and share info but rather a pissing match.

I ask that we hold ourselves to higher standards here and be respectful. Please join in and keep others in mind!

I've been enjoying the GT500 forums here on SVTP for almost 10 years and in the last 12 months it's been tough to be a part of the discussions.

I want to thank everyone here for their personal contributions as I try to learn as much as I can from every individual that posts here.

I can personally say that the older GT500 forum has some of the most knowledgeable people in the world there. The core members there actually developed parts that improved all aspects from HP, cooling, esthetics, wheels....you name it and it was pioneered with us in mind.

I hope that you can understand my point of view.

Lastly I want to thank the entire GT500-13-14 GT500 forum for all the incredible contributions that has made it better for us all. If not for them we'd be without so many great ideas, inventions and knowledge.....

Thanks
Andy Speranza

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you want to add something?

Not necessarily.

This forum still holds a wealth of knowledge. Yes, there is bantering, but it's all in good nature. Kinda what happens when you get a bunch of guys (and a few girls) together.

It's all in good fun.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Not necessarily.

This forum still holds a wealth of knowledge. Yes, there is bantering, but it's all in good nature. Kinda what happens when you get a bunch of guys (and a few girls) together.

It's all in good fun.

I can definitely appreciate good banter and you are correct when it comes to knowledge as I stated. A difference of opinion can make for an interesting debate also. I'm normally a fun/joking type but lately it seems that the forum has turned slightly. Maybe it's just me....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can definitely appreciate good banter and you are correct when it comes to knowledge as I stated. A difference of opinion can make for an interesting debate also. I'm normally a fun/joking type but lately it seems that the forum has turned slightly. Maybe it's just me....
Have a beer, it'll turn back around.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I just block the guys I don't care for and don't want to hear from. I agree but it's been going on for years on every section. A-holes are everywhere, just have to ignore them.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Forums gave changed greatly since the 5.0's came out. Not as active as I used to be, but then again I haven't modded my car like I used to. A wife and kid slows that down a tad

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Seems like Nick has this handled. Keep in mind, that the average age of ownership does change. Go take a peek in the 03-04 section sometime. The tech here in both sections is almost second to none, but you will have to deal with internet hero at times.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Well said, Andy….
I'm far from perfect but I do my best. Thanks SE

I just block the guys I don't care for and don't want to hear from. I agree but it's been going on for years on every section. A-holes are everywhere, just have to ignore them.

Sometimes people just don't have self restraint and I'm one of them but I try to be respectful to others. I was taught common courtesy as a child. ;)

Forums gave changed greatly since the 5.0's came out. Not as active as I used to be, but then again I haven't modded my car like I used to. A wife and kid slows that down a tad

I'm not nearly as diehard as I once was but think if the forums here in 2007-2011 it was a much different place.

For instance in 2009 10 different GT500 owner all met in Myrtle Beach for Mustang week. Nobody knew each other at all and Manowar (Jim Lamb) rented a house. We all met there and had an incredible time. We laughed, raced, showed our cars and partied together like family. I'm still friends with all the members from that SVTP meeting at Mustang week, it is hard to see that its gone so far the other direction. I wanted to at least post about it in hope of bringing the community together like it once was or even better......

Ky GT500

Established Member
For instance in 2009 10 different GT500 owner all met in Myrtle Beach for Mustang week. Nobody knew each other at all and Manowar (Jim Lamb) rented a house. We all met there and had an incredible time. We laughed, raced, showed our cars and partied together like family. I'm still friends with all the members from that SVTP meeting at Mustang week, it is hard to see that its gone so far the other direction. I wanted to at least post about it in hope of bringing the community together like it once was or even better......

Feel free to resurrect a GT500 gathering in Myrtle Beach,,,I'm in. Already have my reservation for a house in Surfside.

As far as the forum,,you have your trolls that are immature, young, arrogant, ego driven know it all people, that respond to either start controversy or haven't got a clue as to what they are talking about. It's present on every forum. Sometimes you have to read through them to sort out the educated responses.

There is a good FB page that shares a lot of info on these cars, that's where I find myself going to more and more.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I rank this forum as my favorite for the tech, conversation, and the accessibility you have to the vendors, as top notch!

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
The GT500 sections are great, I have to agree. I agree with Zporta that forums have changed a lot with the 5.0 cult following. Tons of D-Bag owners now than ever before IMO. I haven't been a member here for very long but noticed it on other places.

Users who are viewing this thread