GT500 Brotherhood forum....

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
I actually think the GT500 section and the regular members of this section are great. I have yet to be trolled here, as a matter of fact every question (stupid or not) that I ask, I get great feedback. However I have lurked around some sections that seem to have a troll or two.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you need two threads to bitch about it? Got it!
I lold.
I think the moderators do a great job keeping the personal attacks out of the forum posts. Without their moderation, these conversations would deteriorate into a zoo full of monkeys, throwing poo at each other. The Smack Down Cafe, is also a nice feature to have.

I rank this forum as my favorite for the tech, conversation, and the accessibility you have to the vendors, as top notch!
The moderators are a bunch of grumpy clowns. ..see above.

Coonsnake

Established Member
Well said Andy. Ive really enjoyed this section since I owned my car. What has really annoyed me in the past couple of years is the ones who consistently brag on them selves or accomplishments. Its always great to see people achieve goals but few are humbled in their winnings or success.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm glad to see my people are still here!!! I know many who are like minded but for those who don't know me, this can be my introduction. The only reason I linked the other thread was to get all GT500 owners new and old on topic.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Seems as if gone are the days of common respect in the Forum. I can remember when the GT500 section first came about there was so much respect for the common group members. Often I see bashing or people just trying to cause drama on the boards in the 13-14 GT500 section.
Andy, sounds to me like you're referring to the 13/14' Forum and not the 07-12' Forum. I've been active here on this forum for 5 years now and I really don't feel there is a lack of Brotherhood at all. Sure, every now and then someone acts like a tool, but you see that on every forum. For the most part, I feel the group here is helpful and patient.

As a bit of an aside, I will say one thing, I was heavily involved in the Terminator Forum for 7 years before I bought my 07' GT500. Totally different group of guys. Although that Forum can get crazy at times, and there's probably a higher percentage of guys that have no problem rocking the boat, there's a real strong comraderie, lot of just old school gear heads, and much more into drag racing. Typically younger guys with less money and a higher percentage of guys that do their own work.

The GT500 guys appear to be in a higher income bracket, (obviously!), and many are not afraid to spend big bucks on the purchase and installation of high dollar modifications almost as soon they get their car in the driveway for the first time. While the Terminator guys were figuring out how to make their cars fast by trial and error, and seeing what worked best at the dragstrip. A ton of go fast information for the GT500's has come from supporting vendors, (great info by the way!!), who at times have taken a much broader role in the day to day conversations of the Forum.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Andy, sounds to me like you're referring to the 13/14' Forum and not the 07-12' Forum. ...

^^This. I can't recall any trollish antics in this forum. In fact, unless some pertinent information is being shared (or a vendor is trying to sell a new product), this forum is typically pretty quiet, if not dead, most of the time. I used to visit the '13/'14 GT500 forum until the fanboys and trolls got a hold of it. That was the end of it for me. I can't even remember the last time I visited that forum. I think the fanboys were worse than the trolls last time I was there.

fullboogie

Established Member
There's a couple of cactus heads on this forum, but it's nothing compared to most.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Yep, agree Andy. Pretty much the reason I stopped posting here. Just seemed to be a lot of "I know more and better than you even though I haven't been nearly as fast as you" people. I can get all I want of that from my kids. I still keep up with quite a bit of buds that I've made on here and for that reason I check in ever so often. That being said, there's a ton of people on this forum that is a credit to the GT500 racing community also.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
What's up Quade? It's been a while

Hey Z, same same my friend. Got back from my final deployment earlier this year so I got a late start racing. Ended well and looking fwd to a good 2016 full of racing.........hopefully. Still sporting the ZPod and everyone still loves it too. Glad to see you still on here too.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Yea man, still here. A little less modding. Had my first child almost 1 year ago. Glad to hear your safe and back home

rdsnk46

Established Member
It has become an unfortunate thing.

I see that and it's the reason I posted...

This is still the best forum imo.

I agree

Andy, sounds to me like you're referring to the 13/14' Forum and not the 07-12' Forum. I've been active here on this forum for 5 years now and I really don't feel there is a lack of Brotherhood at all. Sure, every now and then someone acts like a tool, but you see that on every forum. For the most part, I feel the group here is helpful and patient.

As a bit of an aside, I will say one thing, I was heavily involved in the Terminator Forum for 7 years before I bought my 07' GT500. Totally different group of guys. Although that Forum can get crazy at times, and there's probably a higher percentage of guys that have no problem rocking the boat, there's a real strong comraderie, lot of just old school gear heads, and much more into drag racing. Typically younger guys with less money and a higher percentage of guys that do their own work.

The GT500 guys appear to be in a higher income bracket, (obviously!), and many are not afraid to spend big bucks on the purchase and installation of high dollar modifications almost as soon they get their car in the driveway for the first time. While the Terminator guys were figuring out how to make their cars fast by trial and error, and seeing what worked best at the dragstrip. A ton of go fast information for the GT500's has come from supporting vendors, (great info by the way!!), who at times have taken a much broader role in the day to day conversations of the Forum.

I was speaking of the 13-14 Section, I had made the post there and linked this thread but the Mods altered the post and put a link in this thread back to itself....

^^This. I can't recall any trollish antics in this forum. In fact, unless some pertinent information is being shared (or a vendor is trying to sell a new product), this forum is typically pretty quiet, if not dead, most of the time. I used to visit the '13/'14 GT500 forum until the fanboys and trolls got a hold of it. That was the end of it for me. I can't even remember the last time I visited that forum. I think the fanboys were worse than the trolls last time I was there.

The only trolling going on here I can remember was all the trash talking about who was the fastest! LOL! :)

There's a couple of cactus heads on this forum, but it's nothing compared to most.

Always a couple but it seems to be on a larger scale with the 13-14 guys

Yep, agree Andy. Pretty much the reason I stopped posting here. Just seemed to be a lot of "I know more and better than you even though I haven't been nearly as fast as you" people. I can get all I want of that from my kids. I still keep up with quite a bit of buds that I've made on here and for that reason I check in ever so often. That being said, there's a ton of people on this forum that is a credit to the GT500 racing community also.

We all were the R&D squad, everyone testing and pushing each other! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread