GT350 vs. Z/28

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The SVT is going to take performance to a completely different level.

I for one am anxiously awaiting those details... Hopefully, in the up coming months.

It seems all the major media had to skip your Ring story... Apparently, you can't put the Car of the Year on the cover and accuse them of cheating on page 2.

Everyone heard ya' and you can't say you didn't try...

Sometimes the truth about cars and automotive enthusiasm just cannot see eye to eye ;-)

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Great 2015 renderings and color schemes. You're right, the Gulf racing heritage colors are clearly evident. What I like most about the front-end are the simple round fog lights. A no nonsense, but aggressive look.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
Nice GT350 renderings. I could see myself owning a Mustang like that. I am wondering how we will all feel about these renderings after December 5th.:)

Swine

Established Member
1471398_672646639433771_2117017823_n.jpg

971418_672646842767084_637478392_n.jpg

:uh oh::coolman:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Nice GT350 renderings. I could see myself owning a Mustang like that. I am wondering how we will all feel about these renderings after December 5th.:)
They will look dull, bland, strange or outdated like the 2005 CAD render was vs. the real thing.

The man that made those scale models also pre-released the 2005 waaaaaaay in advanced.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I got a tidbit to "Change the date to 2016" but received an addition from another with an update. Admittedly, this "16" MY was set long ago (how long not really important) and the original information was admittedly old. I personally would fight this 2016 GT350 notion in every conversation as most could probably see. This same person was also kinda in shock about the full camo'd SVT car (never referred to as GT350). However, I was nudged from someone a little further down the development line (I speculate) that the GT350 will be a late 2015 Mustang offering. I myself am thinking Summer for HOPEFULLY an "OK to Buy" and not the unveiling. Still hoping the GT350 will be visible in GS and GTS, perhaps being reverse engineered by Roush and Multimatic. I would also like to see a Tiger car or Paul Brown GTS tribute car as well.

Anyway, thanks guys for your opinions and speculations on the next SVT Mustang (Better be the GT350 Ford!!!)

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Ford Racing is currently prepping the GT/GT350 for Grand Am and SCCA for next season... This is happening, like it or not... There will not be a Boss 302.

Good. Means hopefully my Boss will retain its value fairly well when I go to sell it and pick up a GT350 :banana:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There are internal sources close to the z28 "marketing" plan saying the 2014 z28 will be over $72,000 That's kinda disappointing if true. Some are suggesting the car will see $75,000...

Looks like my Team Camaro sources were accurate on the z28's MSRP. A big ol' FU to Camaro enthusiast worldwide. I received the info the second week of December and posted it up on M6G... that's not all I got ;)

The GT350 nameplate was busted out in the open which pretty much all but officially confirms it's return. The last time the GT350 and z28 were on the same track, the GT350 won the SCCA Trans Am Championship.

Well ladies and gentleman, the moon and sun have aligned once again... and this time, the Z06 will be supercharged, and can no longer be big brother savior for the time being. Is it me or is Chevy serving this z28 up like a pudding? Usually, Camaro fans would just bring the Z06 into the conversation after a fresh ass whoopin'. Although the Z51 is fast, I believe the GT350 could offer a more competitive option to the Stingray's luxury list of check boxes... which is good, I certainly think this Corvette is by far the best sports car in the World... Although I think a GT350 and Z51 would be a better comparison anyway. The first time in history, two American Icons head to head, both masters of their class and survivors. I can't wait for that day, win or lose, and a lot of people say this but it never has this much power... We all win, at least all Americans.

Anyhows... enough about the Corvette...

$75,000 dollars?!?!?!? They must be mad, they are gonna be pissed when Ford lays down the GT350 card a day later. Some major kicking and screaming going on over on C5. Straight up men crying... I understand the measures in place when members snowballed into a big ol' pile of angry posters. They literally slaughtered the product over the last 5 days. I'm not sure if anyone followed the "z28 Assault" thread, you can't use this car how it was marketed. The release date of the z28, or at least the time they selected, was advertised "Just before the racing season". I'm sorry if some can't accept that, Chevy tried to get one by you. Well, I should say Team Camaro, Chevy certainly hasn't pulled any other stunts like this with the Corvette (I hope). So what now? the '14 z28 cannot be drag raced, road raced in competition Pro/Am and is a shoddy street car with no radio, speakers or AC. For $1000 dollars you get the AC back and 4 more speakers (still no radio/stereo).

Some higher ups on C5 pointed out that they will indeed return to Nurburgring, with the same car and run the Ring again. What I see is, Team Camaro marketing lap times, from the same car at the same track, TWICE. Once this year, they let the excitement die down then BAM, another Ring time. God... what a mess...

My efforts on awareness proved fruitful... I assisted the entire community surrounding the z28 with the rules and regulations that would have had a severe impact on potential owners. Fight me tooth and nail they did, but one at a time, they got it. Some stopped posting, some completely changed their tone and even some embraced the information and actually wanted to know why. Eventually, they tried to discredit competitive road racing, kill it, with the very same knife they tried to kill drag racing with. After hundreds of hours of debate, FINALLY, Fbod himself confirmed, this isn't for any SCCA classes. I sure wish he would have done that 4 months ago. Surely if he made this clear at the beginning, I wouldn't have started the assault. I know C5 members that were planning on selling their current track cars and replace it with something they can't use. Don't do that to people man... Road racing is expensive as it is and it's also on the decline. Don't discourage people with a bad experience. That's really lame...

The GT on it's own was being bench marked against the Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca. It was caught on the track with a Boss 302S as well. That is some pretty serious stuff for an entry level V8 with R package.

For me, it just seems like Team Camaro almost intentionally missed the mark here. Initially and supposedly was a return to the Z/28's roots but I feel that the two cars are Ying and Yang. Competition was the Z/28's initial mission in 1967, that mission changed to WIN in 1968... In '69 it was WIN a CHAMPIONSHIP. There will be no Championships this time.

There is no guarantee the z28 will beat the 7:37 it previously posted. They are pushing that 7:31 instead as a matter of fact. I have issues with that...

First off, since C5 wanted all this crazy stuff from SVT when the 7:39 was timed. They wanted all the parts, pictures, drivers name, video, an official stop watch... Even though Chevy never meets any of these demands. So, due to the overwhelming demand for such anti-cheater methods, I for one am anticipating all the above once that 2nd run is done. When will the 2nd lap be done? Sometime after the track opens in April. The z28 will have looooooooooooooong been tested and out by then. What are the chances Team Camaro just lets this Ring time/z28 die over t5he next few months? Nobody will really care then... Nobody really cares now to be honest. I searched in Google news a day after the price release and very few media sources were turned on. I mean, they just didn't report that much and not many did. I don't even think Motor Trend blogged about it, some fan did and it was a "Too Much" thread.

After I seen that, I decided to see what some of the non-Pony car guys were saying. 95% of comments were negative on price alone. Every single one of them totally unaware that the z28 is not permitted in organized racing... Although, they still certainly signaled that they were indeed, intending to race when they bought it.

Those same posters were also unaware that the Nurburgring lap times Team Camaro "officially" posted were cheats...

Now with the Z06 using a supercharged engine, IF the GT350 stays NA and highly class flexible, it could replace the Z06 in track and racing conversations. I'm not sure if I even want the GT350 compared to the z28 is such methods were used to cheat the system. They are asking for $75,000 on these numbers alone.... 7:37...

Do we wait now for Chevy to build Ringers for the February issues? Ever Camaro is quick in the magazines but catch it on the circuit, strip or street and it's a whole different story.

The magazine issues with the z28 are coming out next month... You know what that means???

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
Never seen someone know so little but talks so technical about nothing. GM is not losing sleep over The GT350 vs the Z/28 because the Z/28 production run will be over before the first even Mustang GTs touch the lots. Quite simply the Z/28 is a way for GM to give its enthusiasts a last hurrah Gen 5/ LS7 halo car. It also helps them with the leftover Z06 Carbon parts they needed to liquidate.

Make no mistake it is the Gen 6 Alpha based Z/28 that will take the battle to Ford not what will soon be the last generation Camaro. Those that can afford a Z/28 will place one in their collection regardless of its ability to be raced within the rules or not.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Looks like my Team Camaro sources were accurate on the z28's MSRP. A big ol' FU to Camaro enthusiast worldwide. I received the info the second week of December and posted it up on M6G... that's not all I got ;)

The GT350 nameplate was busted out in the open which pretty much all but officially confirms it's return. The last time the GT350 and z28 were on the same track, the GT350 won the SCCA Trans Am Championship.

Well ladies and gentleman, the moon and sun have aligned once again... and this time, the Z06 will be supercharged, and can no longer be big brother savior for the time being. Is it me or is Chevy serving this z28 up like a pudding? Usually, Camaro fans would just bring the Z06 into the conversation after a fresh ass whoopin'. Although the Z51 is fast, I believe the GT350 could offer a more competitive option to the Stingray's luxury list of check boxes... which is good, I certainly think this Corvette is by far the best sports car in the World... Although I think a GT350 and Z51 would be a better comparison anyway. The first time in history, two American Icons head to head, both masters of their class and survivors. I can't wait for that day, win or lose, and a lot of people say this but it never has this much power... We all win, at least all Americans.

$75,000 dollars?!?!?!? They must be mad, they are gonna be pissed when Ford lays down the GT350 card a day later. Some major kicking and screaming going on over on C5. Straight up men crying... I understand the measures in place when members snowballed into a big ol' pile of angry posters. They literally slaughtered the product over the last 5 days. I'm not sure if anyone followed the "z28 Assault" thread, you can't use this car how it was marketed. The release date of the z28, or at least the time they selected, was advertised "Just before the racing season". I'm sorry if some can't accept that, Chevy tried to get one by you. Well, I should say Team Camaro, Chevy certainly hasn't pulled any other stunts like this with the Corvette (I hope). So what now? the '14 z28 cannot be drag raced, road raced in competition Pro/Am and is a shoddy street car with no radio, speakers or AC. For $1000 dollars you get the AC back and 4 more speakers (still no radio/stereo).

Some higher ups on C5 pointed out that they will indeed return to Nurburgring, with the same car and run the Ring again. What I see is, Team Camaro marketing lap times, from the same car at the same track, TWICE. Once this year, they let the excitement die down then BAM, another Ring time. God... what a mess...

My efforts on awareness proved fruitful... I assisted the entire community surrounding the z28 with the rules and regulations that would have had a severe impact on potential owners. Fight me tooth and nail they did, but one at a time, they got it. Some stopped posting, some completely changed their tone and even some embraced the information and actually wanted to know why. Eventually, they tried to discredit competitive road racing, kill it, with the very same knife they tried to kill drag racing with. After hundreds of hours of debate, FINALLY, Fbod himself confirmed, this isn't for any SCCA classes. I sure wish he would have done that 4 months ago. Surely if he made this clear at the beginning, I wouldn't have started the assault. I know C5 members that were planning on selling their current track cars and replace it with something they can't use. Don't do that to people man... Road racing is expensive as it is and it's also on the decline. Don't discourage people with a bad experience. That's really lame...

The GT on it's own was being bench marked against the Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca. It was caught on the track with a Boss 302S as well. That is some pretty serious stuff for an entry level V8 with R package.

For me, it just seems like Team Camaro almost intentionally missed the mark here. Initially and supposedly was a return to the Z/28's roots but I feel that the two cars are Ying and Yang. Competition was the Z/28's initial mission in 1967, that mission changed to WIN in 1968... In '69 it was WIN a CHAMPIONSHIP. There will be no Championships this time.

There is no guarantee the z28 will beat the 7:37 it previously posted. They are pushing that 7:31 instead as a matter of fact. I have issues with that...

First off, since C5 wanted all this crazy stuff from SVT when the 7:39 was timed. They wanted all the parts, pictures, drivers name, video, an official stop watch... Even though Chevy never meets any of these demands. So, due to the overwhelming demand for such anti-cheater methods, I for one am anticipating all the above once that 2nd run is done. When will the 2nd lap be done? Sometime after the track opens in April. The z28 will have looooooooooooooong been tested and out by then. What are the chances Team Camaro just lets this Ring time/z28 die over t5he next few months? Nobody will really care then... Nobody really cares now to be honest. I searched in Google news a day after the price release and very few media sources were turned on. I mean, they just didn't report that much and not many did. I don't even think Motor Trend blogged about it, some fan did and it was a "Too Much" thread.

After I seen that, I decided to see what some of the non-Pony car guys were saying. 95% of comments were negative on price alone. Every single one of them totally unaware that the z28 is not permitted in organized racing... Although, they still certainly signaled that they were indeed, intending to race when they bought it.

Those same posters were also unaware that the Nurburgring lap times Team Camaro "officially" posted were cheats...

Now with the Z06 using a supercharged engine, IF the GT350 stays NA and highly class flexible, it could replace the Z06 in track and racing conversations. I'm not sure if I even want the GT350 compared to the z28 is such methods were used to cheat the system. They are asking for $75,000 on these numbers alone.... 7:37...

Do we wait now for Chevy to build Ringers for the February issues? Ever Camaro is quick in the magazines but catch it on the circuit, strip or street and it's a whole different story.

The magazine issues with the z28 are coming out next month... You know what that means???

Huh? What? Had trouble following this narcissistic meandering ramble. :??:

mustangletback

Established Member

i see what you are saying here,and i have heard the same thing on alot of things that you said.alot of people think the z28 used at the 'RING was a ringer.chevy has been doing that for years.also it is a known fact to those that know,that FORD has looked way past the CRAPMARO for the new mustang.as far as the GT350 goes,the closer it is in performance to the z06,the farther the CRAPMARO will be left way behind.people wanna brag about the new alpha platform,dont know it will not weigh as less as they are thinking.:D

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Never seen someone know so little but talks so technical about nothing. GM is not losing sleep over The GT350 vs the Z/28 because the Z/28 production run will be over before the first even Mustang GTs touch the lots. Quite simply the Z/28 is a way for GM to give its enthusiasts a last hurrah Gen 5/ LS7 halo car. It also helps them with the leftover Z06 Carbon parts they needed to liquidate.

Make no mistake it is the Gen 6 Alpha based Z/28 that will take the battle to Ford not what will soon be the last generation Camaro. Those that can afford a Z/28 will place one in their collection regardless of its ability to be raced within the rules or not.

I agree, let's bury the z28 and 5th Gen as soon as possible. It was a mistake the day they went with the Zeta. One of the specific missions of the z28 was to beat anything Ford has to offer, if you don't think a GT350 soon after is a concern , you are a fool.

They did try to pass this car over as a competitive option, that's what my last post was about... How dirty and lowdown they have become.

Edit: Germeezy? Are you not the one that laughed about my 7:30-7:40 GT500 mule run at the Ring? Time ta eat crow buddy!!! Num, num, num...

I don't think it's a secret anymore Germ, I do in fact have a Team Camaro source. They gave me Ring times, max speeds, weights, the MSRP before and after GG tax... If the information I have provided is "so little" I beg you to tell me where to find more accurate info from an independent source other than me... I'm not on the manufacturers list for info release, I go ahead and around that. I have all kinds of neat stuff to share but as you say, to you, it sounds like nothing now. That is because you know nothing and this is why I post what I find here.

I understand you love GM and you are attempting to save them from little old me and my crazy post...

Huh? What? Had trouble following this narcissistic meandering ramble. :??:
Please do not confuse my ability to write and articulate, sometimes from a handheld, with narcissism. As I mentioned to the poster above, me rambling about the GT500's Ring time seemed insane June 2011 but two months ago it made sense. Call me crazy for calling the ZL1 a 4152lbs car? Ta-da!!! A year later it makes sense... Pretty much all the z28 crap I have been ranting about... I think everybody, except a few like the poster above, has come around.

You do not have to read what I write, it is not required. You can even comment independently and on a slightly different GT350 vs. z28 topic if you want, in no relation to what I wrote. Of course, you are free to just express yourself as you did and keep it simple. A lot of people do not have the time to read lengthy post about something that makes no sense to them.

Last edited:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I don't disagree with the point, but I think the point is off the mark.

Ford doesn't give a crap about the Camaro, and they aren't really losing sleep over the Vette. What Camaro has been able to compete with any halo mustang in the last 5 years? None. Eventually, you get tired of beating up middle schoolers.

Ford has its sights set on the GLOBAL market. While Ford needs mustang fan here at home for now, the seeds are planted and the new generation of mustangs fans will start growing all over Europe, then the rest of the world. While GM Fanboy will always think their product is the best, Ford is looking for better opponents in the coupe class. This chassis looks to do the unthinkable- take on BMW, Porsche, etc. with a car that can beat them on the track, the autobahn, the Swiss alps, and most importantly, the wallet. I think many journalists have already forgot about Ford's Global Strategy. But they haven't. Its about to be a good day to be a Ford fan, and a GREAT one to be a stockholder.

Back home, I would imagine Ford has a few surprises left to throw our way...

Users who are viewing this thread