GT350 at New York Auto Show

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
Bummer... :( 320HP... N/A 4.6 3V :(

Was hoping for 400HP N/A 5.4 3V or 4V w/ Alum Block!

Maybe next time!

Dave

+1

and im kinda confused, is this going to be sold at dealerships? or is it a just rental thing? and only 200? i hope this isnt the only special edition mustang that is going to be coming out

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Yeah, but think:
no one will rent it for the weekend, install a rollbar, and take it to the track, that way! And Ford & Hertz still get mega $$$$$$$$$$$ promo for only $$$.
Don't worry, even if they make 25,000 of these, the dealers will mark 'em up... :p
And HELL YES , they should make the GR1...if they have any business sanity!!! Plus, it looks the nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pop:
PLUS......NICE JUGS!!! :eek: Makes my :banana: all :pepper:

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
Sources say it wil be a 1" lowered Mustang GT with a 91 octane tune and GT500 fascia.
VW GTI
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 94.2
Cargo Volume 15.1
Head Room 39.3
Leg Room 41.2
Wheelbase 101.5
Length 165.8
Curb Wt. 3308!!! Holy Crap what a pig!
HP 200
#per HP 16.5
How did they make it so HEAVY???

Ford Focus SVT
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 93.9
Cargo Volume 17.6
Head Room 39.1
Leg Room 40.7
Wheelbase 102.9
Length 168.5
Curb Wt. 2300!!! What a fine slim bitch!!
HP 170
#per HP 13.5

Ford WINS!!!
Looks like America defeats Germany Again! Go home kraut boy!
All that talk about weight...You should look at the pig you are driving!
Dr. Auto X, location Middle of Nowhere. That's because no one will let you live in their town!! :loser:

stang22

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
Bummer... :( 320HP... N/A 4.6 3V :(

Was hoping for 400HP N/A 5.4 3V or 4V w/ Alum Block!

Maybe next time!

Dave
Me too!! I guess you got to wait for the boss! Ford is conducting things to all follow in pecking order I guess! I just wish that they would have given the GT500 project over to Carroll for performance enhancing,...as we would have had an incredible fast,light,mean looking Shelby Gt500,..instead we have the svt version! Better something than nothing though! :-D

Skywarp

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
VW GTI
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 94.2
Cargo Volume 15.1
Head Room 39.3
Leg Room 41.2
Wheelbase 101.5
Length 165.8
HP 200
#per HP 16.5

Ford Focus SVT
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 93.9
Cargo Volume 17.6
Head Room 39.1
Leg Room 40.7
Wheelbase 102.9
Length 168.5
HP 170
#per HP 13.5

Ford WINS!!!
Dr. Auto X, location Middle of Nowhere. That's because no one will let you live in their town!! :loser:
Well the GTI has the better power to weight ratio, and more than likely VW will sell more GTI's in one year than SVT Focuses during the entire model run. Fords on the verge of bankruptcy and Ford wins :lol1:.

Last edited:

GTWill

Established Member
Skywarp said:
Well the GTI has the better power to weight ratio, and more than likely VW will sell more GTI's in one year than SVT Focuses during the entire model run. Fords on the verge of bankruptcy and Ford wins :lol1:.
Check your math.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Route66 said:
Here's my guess. FORD Racing Performance Parts will be releasing the Whipple Supercharger for the 05 and 06 Mustang GT. According to FRPP, the Whipple will be out in a month or two. This would coincide perfectly with the unveiling of a GT350 supercharged 4.6 at the autoshow. They'll say this, "and now, you can turn your Mustang GT into one of these with the new supercharger offered through FRPP. I can't wait!!!

Ford powertrain engineers were at last years spring smackdown testing the 4.6 3V twin screw FRPP blower upgrade. Bad news, production kits will be a twin rotor because they claimed of the same sourcing issues they had with the GT500.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
FBMphil said:
The weight VW lists for the GTI on their website isn't correct. Its less than 3300lbs.

I think you are right! VW lists the curb wt @ 3308, but has the front wt @1958, and the back wt @1349. That adds up to 3307 not 3308! :poke:

FBMphil

Established Member
Ok smartass, I frequent VW forums and it's pretty well known that the weight listed for the GTI is actually what the Jetta GLI weighs, VW's incompetant self f*cked up and listed the wrong weight on their site for the GTI.

I'm no Vdub fanboy, but at least get your facts straight.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Wooh, I little testy aren't we!! My facts are straight! They are the advertised #'s. When they change the #'s I'll believe them. I was just going by what they have printed. I don't frequent VW forums so how would I know that those #'s are incorrect? I could give a shit about new VW's so I don't spend any time on their sites. Maybe these VW junkies like Dr. Auto X should follow my lead and stay on their own forums. :burn:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
VW GTI
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 94.2
Cargo Volume 15.1
Head Room 39.3
Leg Room 41.2
Wheelbase 101.5
Length 165.8
HP 200
#per HP 16.5

Ford Focus SVT
Seating Capicity 5
Passenger Volume 93.9
Cargo Volume 17.6
Head Room 39.1
Leg Room 40.7
Wheelbase 102.9
Length 168.5
HP 170
#per HP 13.5

Ford WINS!!!

Wow, I didn't think the VW was that much of a pig. I can't believe that this Dr. Auto X troll is complaining about the GT500's weight.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Captain Beyond said:
Wow, I didn't think the VW was that much of a pig. I can't believe that this Dr. Auto X troll is complaining about the GT500's weight.

Damn that thing is 1,000# OVERWEIGHT?!?!!??! :eek:

Kinda like the Pot calling the Kettle Black!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chuckstang

Established Member
stang22 said:
Me too!! I guess you got to wait for the boss! Ford is conducting things to all follow in pecking order I guess! I just wish that they would have given the GT500 project over to Carroll for performance enhancing,...as we would have had an incredible fast,light,mean looking Shelby Gt500,..instead we have the svt version! Better something than nothing though! :-D

svt gaves us the terminators
i think they did just fine

Users who are viewing this thread