GP AR signature series 03/04 Cobra Exhaust System

hwystr

Established Member
I'm IN.

Let's go people, we waited a year for this system (or so it seems) need some more for the GP to happen.

:rockon:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by Coiled03
What about drone?
I'm very curious about this as well. Sound under heavy throttle doesn't bother me, but drone while cruising down the road has me very concerned. That's why I never bought a Stinger.

If this new system has been prototyped and installed on a Cobra, I'd be interested in hearing a first-hand impression of the interior sound levels from the driver's seat. Specifically, how much drone is there?

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is low drone (stock exhaust) and 10 is head-pounding drone (straight pipes), I would say the Steeda cat-back is maybe a 2, while the Stinger is more like an 8. Where would this new exhaust rate?

-Greg

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
any chance of having this kit WITH Borla instead of Amazon etching/

why not support who developed the kit and give them props. who cares what others around you think about who Amazon is. you can explain. my udnerstanding is this kit will only be available through Amazon Racing and has been their baby the whole time. What is the big deal with have "Borla" on the tip anyway...make them wonder what you have and support the companies putting these products out.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
I'm very curious about this as well. Sound under heavy throttle doesn't bother me, but drone while cruising down the road has me very concerned. That's why I never bought a Stinger.

If this new system has been prototyped and installed on a Cobra, I'd be interested in hearing a first-hand impression of the interior sound levels from the driver's seat. Specifically, how much drone is there?

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is low drone (stock exhaust) and 10 is head-pounding drone (straight pipes), I would say the Steeda cat-back is maybe a 2, while the Stinger is more like an 8. Where would this new exhaust rate?

-Greg

as I stated earlier..the final exhaust note will depend on what midpipe you use..each midpipe is going to make the system sound different...long tube headers or even midlength is going to change it...
you could ask 10 different people and get a variety of different answers about how to rate drone..

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
..the final exhaust note will depend on what midpipe you use..
Thanks for the reply, Linn. I should have specified that I'm running a stock H-pipe and manifolds.

I appreciate the work that Amazon has done in bringing this system to market. The bottom line for me is that I'll have to hear it on someon'e car first before I can take the plunge. I'm really picky on the interior sound issue. If it turns out that this system drones on an otherwise stock car, then it isn't the system for me. I may hit you guys up for a 14858 though!

As soon as somebody gets this system bolted on, please post some feedback.

-Greg

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Linn,

What's the status of this GP? Will these still ship in 3 weeks even if fewer than 15 people come forward and order right now?

I'm still very interested...but am hedging on whether or not I need to hear it first... :(

-Greg

BL1SN8K

Established Member
I may be interested in this system too. I have been considering the Steeda system with stock H-pipe, as with a convertible I want to keep the sound level modest. I like the idea of the larger tips of the system you are offering, as well as perhaps the larger increase in performance. I dont want to beat a dead horse, but with a stock H-pipe will it be in the same ballpark as the Steeda in sound volume and drone? If you cant say, I understand, I'll just wait for the sound clips then. Thanks for taking this task on, I do appreciate it. As Im from VA, I plan to mosey up your way when Im ready for a pulley, tune and the fixin's. Keep up the good work!

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
I think it will look good with Amazon in the tip like the Basanni does.....

Way to go Amazon Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
My brother and I are both in on the GP. So that's TWO more systems ordered today! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Come on Borla and get the show on the road! :rockon:

-Greg

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Linn, How are we doing on the 15 people we need to pull this off?

This Friday will be 3 weeks since your first GP thread. Thanx

FangShui

Established Member
Linn, have you gotten any sort of update from Borla on ETA? No pressure, I'm just curious! :)

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Linn, just saw this for the first time. Just checking on how the GP is going, and if you're gonna have them at the shop, or if Borla is gonna ship them from factory. I would be interested in just comming in and picking up a set...

Users who are viewing this thread