Got the car tuned!

FAT L322

Established Member
No Such Luck said:
Thats interesting. Tuning at the track imo, is one of the best ways to lock down a solid tune. Is there any reason why someone would tune on a No Load Bearing Dyno vs. a Load Bearing Dyno?

Well the car was tuned @ Advanced Engine Developement in San Jose (formerly the shop owned by Jeff S) When Jeff was owner, he was doing almost 100% tuning on blower cars (Whipple/KB/etc.) which don't require a load bearing dyno like turbo cars do... So I'm pretty sure that is the main reason why their shop uses one as opposed to the other. Since they tune through the MAF, you can keep track of the #'s constistantly either way, but when it comes to reading boost and power acurately ona turbo car, thats it's big down side... I'm sure it also has something to do with the fact that a Load bearing dyno costs almost 20k more than a regular inertia dyno... so if ya don't need it... why pay the premium for it?

JMHO

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Mike, your wideband may be off cause your wideband sensor is old... I replaced mine not too long ago! you've had it in there a while.. Probably since I installed it when you got the car. booya... nice *real* numbers :)

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
I might have to get out there and check it out...I probably wont bring the car though, it just got outa the shop..Im going to "granny" it arround for a bit...I missed it while it was gone!

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Yea on the dyno my af is around 11.8 but on the street it is 10.7. Lex i just put this new sensor in. Were going to hook up another wideband and see whats going on at the track. Hope to see you there!

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
hmm ...."I put out 684/675 on 15psi. On 12psi i put down 603/617. Car pulls hard! Now its time for track ets."
Either way low or high tune you should have been able to rip hard on us Silver 04 had the chance to get next to you and when you both took off i thought you would have been out . Our cars are the same (silver 04 plus fire red svt roush )

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
2003 SVT ROUSH said:
hmm ...."I put out 684/675 on 15psi. On 12psi i put down 603/617. Car pulls hard! Now its time for track ets."
Either way low or high tune you should have been able to rip hard on us Silver 04 had the chance to get next to you and when you both took off i thought you would have been out . Our cars are the same (silver 04 plus fire red svt roush )
I raced your friend on 11psi.... And we never got to shift into 3rd gear really, which is where i pull hard. :coolman: I ran 10.8 at 133 at the track yesterday on 14psi. Believe me if he wants a rerun, then we can go from a dead stop or a freeway roll. As long as the straight away is long enough. Also about the 700/700 comment... Look at my 2nd post in the thread. The dyno was freerolling which means there is not enough load. I stopped making power at 5500rpms.

Last edited:

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
He was so cocky to run me for 2k for having just a tune. I didnt want to take his money because i knew there is no terminator in this area that can keep up with me from a roll. If he wants to run them again on the freeway like he wanted, then let me know. I will turn my boost up way higher then 11psi, now that i got another tune on saturday.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
haha He was abviously not going to run for 2k he was deffinetly bullshit'n In fact i dont know many people that do actually run for money , most people just love to talk.
First off when u had said you were running 700 700 plus and then went thats why i was like why the hell didnt he take off ??? 700 plus you should kill even down low spinning the tires "you didnt mention anything about different boost stages at the time " And i do know tuning and breaking your kit in consists of a few tune stages for various reasons .

With your current numbers with 12 and 14 15 psi of course you should slaughter.

No, he doesnt just have a tune i wrote you a message back about what mods we have though , well screw it here i dont know what youll read first

( His car has :
Reichard Racing 2.80 pully ,Idler kit , Ngk R Plugs, MAFia , X Cal 2 Prog, Billitflow Diff IRS brace, Kenny Brown IRS brace W/ Bushings, not sure the brand but Some heat exchanger with duel fans , Accufab throttle body and elbow, K&N kit. Max.motorsports sub frame connectors ,Magna Flow X with cats and Magnaflow cat back ,1" drop not sure what springs Tuned by Keith at Force Fed
461 rwhp 495 TQ

Mine : Reichard Racing 2.80 Pulley ,Idler kit, Ngk R's , MAFia ,X Cal 2 Prog, Billit Flow IRS brace, K&N kit , Max motorsprots sub frames, Removed freeze plug installed "Ford" heater core by pass tube welded from driver head to passenger so i dont get that nasty head tick. All else is stock eccept i have Magnaflow mufflers but those came stock from the Roush factory.
Tuned by Keith at Force Fed
461 rwhp 481 TQ )

Ya you should pull hard with the boost crankin
But i will run you anyways from the dig or a roll , and im sure he will too .
Start with 11 psi and step up
Well just dink around . ?? up for it
If you want to meet up this weekend or really whenever im always up for it ? tonight if your down
just for the good fun of it

Nazman

Established Member
C H I N I said:
I raced your friend on 11psi.... And we never got to shift into 3rd gear really, which is where i pull hard. :coolman: I ran 10.8 at 133 at the track yesterday on 14psi. Believe me if he wants a rerun, then we can go from a dead stop or a freeway roll. As long as the straight away is long enough. Also about the 700/700 comment... Look at my 2nd post in the thread. The dyno was freerolling which means there is not enough load. I stopped making power at 5500rpms.
Nice times brother, but you are not going to kill me with those trap speeds.....are you sure you still want to play? :poke: :thumbsup:

Are you running a stock bottom end? Those Terminator bottom ends are stout as heck and I seen quite a few running some sick HP on stock bottoms.

Once you get that combo fully dialed up it will be even more of a monster! Great stuff!

Are you still coming to TX? If not.....we could meet down the middle...Ill be in AZ from Mar-Apr. :D I would not mind getting smoked for a cold beer! :-D

Naz

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
I am still coming to texas, but will not be there for a while. I will be in az in the next 1-2 months. Those traps are low because i bogged pretty bad out of the hole.

And to the roush guy... I am always down! Are you sure he doesnt have a bottle? Even on 11 psi i am making 55rwhp range?? Boost levels are all controlled by a knob. I have to reach in my glovebox and turn it up if i want more power. Thats why i said to you that i am way above 700/700. On 15psi i am putting out 684 and with each turn of 1psi i gain an average of 25rwhp.

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

C H I N I said:
I put out 684/675 on 15psi. On 12psi i put down 603/617. Car pulls hard! Now its time for track ets.

Wow, dude! Right on! I'm gonna make a trip up to Sac and we'll get a run or 2 in pretty soon, it's almost done. My car should be pretty close to those numbers....I hope. Just don't go any higher on the boost so I at least have a chance:burnout: ...Your car pulls like a MoFo, much impressed:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
And to the roush guy... I am always down! Are you sure he doesnt have a bottle? Even on 11 psi i am making 55rwhp range?? Boost levels are all controlled by a knob. I have to reach in my glovebox and turn it up if i want more power. Thats why i said to you that i am way above 700/700. On 15psi i am putting out 684 and with each turn of 1psi i gain an average of 25rwhp.

Kool, When would you like to go run ?
Yes, he deffinetly doesnt have a bottle , i dont bs people about what i have or my friends , I could care less who knows what i have inside and out and i wont lie for my friends, He has only had that car for a lil over a week and it just got out of Force Fed tuned at 6:00 that day we met you at Lowes.
We had just gotten back from taking a cruz up to Forrest Hill and back and we ran em a bunch of times on 50 and 80 , we are litterally neck and neck on a few attempts st a 2nd gear roll 3rd gear roll and 4th he pulled then i pulled back and fourth over and over neither or of us got more then 2 feet of a bumper on eachother.
Anywho yeah we should diink around while your on 11 psi if you want .

Thats pretty cool that you can adjust the boost so quikly .
I saw the video ur launch did bogg a bit but it was movin.

Let me know when you are down

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
C H I N I said:
I am still coming to texas, but will not be there for a while. I will be in az in the next 1-2 months. Those traps are low because i bogged pretty bad out of the hole.

Im at about the same at 10psi making 560, if anyone has a chance against you its at low boost from my experiences at least running on low boost, my new stroker motor is going in this week, so hopefully I will have some new numbers soon myself by end of next week. :D

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Nazman said:
Nice times brother, but you are not going to kill me with those trap speeds.....are you sure you still want to play? :poke: :thumbsup:

Are you running a stock bottom end? Those Terminator bottom ends are stout as heck and I seen quite a few running some sick HP on stock bottoms.

Once you get that combo fully dialed up it will be even more of a monster! Great stuff!

Are you still coming to TX? If not.....we could meet down the middle...Ill be in AZ from Mar-Apr. :D I would not mind getting smoked for a cold beer! :-D

Naz

I have an hp TT cobra vert car here that might give you a run for your money, with a fully billet stroker motor. :D

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
I have an hp TT cobra vert car here that might give you a run for your money, with a fully billet stroker motor. :D

Did you get that stroker put in? You already blew up the stock motor?

Users who are viewing this thread