Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If the new key starts my car, I assume the first step worked? I didn't see the security light come on like the instrux said. When I did the second step, nothing happened when I pressed a button on the new fob. So maybe the first step didn't work?

Yeah, if it starts, it worked. My light didn't come on either.

As for the key fob, make sure you are leaving the key in the on position at the end of the 8th cycle

Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on leaving it on, then pressing any button on the remote of the key in the ignition, then any button on the fob of the new key

redrader26

Established Member
Yeah, if it starts, it worked. My light didn't come on either.

As for the key fob, make sure you are leaving the key in the on position at the end of the 8th cycle

Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on leaving it on, then pressing any button on the remote of the key in the ignition, then any button on the fob of the new key

Thx, that's what I did wrong. My car honked when I pushed the button on the working fob and for my org 2nd fob...freaked me out at first. But new fob works now!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Thx, that's what I did wrong. My car honked when I pushed the button on the working fob and for my org 2nd fob...freaked me out at first. But new fob works now!

Yeah, I was turning my key back off after the 8th cycle and I finally figured out I had to leave it on. Haha

Glad it works!

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
If anybody around lower westchester is having trouble getting your key cut, pm me and you can stop by my job and I'll cut it for you. free.99

vicnkathy

Established Member
THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A 2014!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY. The key programs fine and starts the car, but the remote part will not program at all. I did it right, it just does not program. Waste of $30 because I cant send it back as my key is programed and cut on it!!! **** ME!!!!!!

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A 2014!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY. The key programs fine and starts the car, but the remote part will not program at all. I did it right, it just does not program. Waste of $30 because I cant send it back as my key is programed and cut on it!!! **** ME!!!!!!

Has to be a problem with the actual unit, there was no cjanges to the keys in 2014. Send it back and have the guy check it out.

vicnkathy

Established Member
I called the guy and he said the program probably don't work on a 2014. I will pass by his shop on Monday, im local, and get another one and try that

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Got mine today:
IMG_20130225_202830_zpsa29590a6.jpg

Had the ford logo on it (crooked but its there):
IMG_20130225_202845_zps16df7457.jpg

In the instructions it says install a transponder in it but theres a 8.5x11 paper copy of other instructions that dont say you need it. the ebay ad said it had it inside so im hoping it does. didnt wanna take it apart and risk cracking/breaking something.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Got mine today:
IMG_20130225_202830_zpsa29590a6.jpg

Had the ford logo on it (crooked but its there):
IMG_20130225_202845_zps16df7457.jpg

In the instructions it says install a transponder in it but theres a 8.5x11 paper copy of other instructions that dont say you need it. the ebay ad said it had it inside so im hoping it does. didnt wanna take it apart and risk cracking/breaking something.
It comes apart fairly easily, but yes, it should have a working, blank transponder ready to go inside.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Well I got mine cut. I went to walmart because I had to go there anyways. The guy said he didn't want to cut a car key. then said he cant do it since it was chipped etc. I talked to him for a minute and he agreed to do it but said he wasnt charging me anything and it wasnt his fault if the new key got "f*cked up". worked great and free. programming successful as well. Thanks for the idead, OP.

kevinp

Established Member
Good find OP

Just got mine and it programmed no problem on my '13.

Had to take take it apart to get it cut though, wouldnt fit in the machine because it was too long. Just had to slide it half and then it fit, took awhile to figure out how to take it apart..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Good find OP

Just got mine and it programmed no problem on my '13.

Had to take take it apart to get it cut though, wouldnt fit in the machine because it was too long. Just had to slide it half and then it fit, took awhile to figure out how to take it apart..
Can you tell me how yo utook the key portion out? I want to see if there is a way to tighten the key to not be so loose.

Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. Got mine and it wouldnt program. Ill give it another shot later
Make sure you are leaving the key in the on position at the end of the 8th cycle.

Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on
Off-on leaving it on, then pressing any button on the remote of the key in the ignition, then any button on the fob of the new key .

If that doesn't work, shoot the seller and email, as another member had some issues with his key.

kevinp

Established Member
Can you tell me how yo utook the key portion out? I want to see if there is a way to tighten the key to not be so loose.

First you separate the whole thing, where the key sits when its closed there is slot that you put a scredriver in and twist, then the key portion and the remote portion will slide apart. Thats how you replace the battery as well, after its slid in half then you can pop the remote part in half and change the battery.

To take the key off (after its split in two parts), under the ford emblem there is a screw, take the screw out and then you can take the part where the key is in half. Not a lot to it, there is a spring, button and key part, also the transponder chip is in there.

Users who are viewing this thread