Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
First you separate the whole thing, where the key sits when its closed there is slot that you put a scredriver in and twist, then the key portion and the remote portion will slide apart. Thats how you replace the battery as well, after its slid in half then you can pop the remote part in half and change the battery.

To take the key off (after its split in two parts), under the ford emblem there is a screw, take the screw out and then you can take the part where the key is in half. Not a lot to it, there is a spring, button and key part, also the transponder chip is in there.
AH! I didn't know about the screw. That's the reason I couldn't get it apart the other day when I replaced the battery. Thanks man. :beer:

kevinp

Established Member
AH! I didn't know about the screw. That's the reason I couldn't get it apart the other day when I replaced the battery. Thanks man. :beer:

I wouldnt have known about the screw either but mine came without the Ford emblem installed :)

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Nevermind, my impatience was messing it up. Got it...

Don't try and squeeze this into your break time, do it when you can take your time...

Locotone07

Established Member
Here a pic of my old/new decals (had extras)
image-3.jpg

Pythias

Established Member
BE WARY!!! it programmed and will start my 2013... But not the keyless part.... An it cost 65$ to have it programmed. So am I expected to pay another 65 IF he Mails me a new key? I spoke with him on the phone and he said he only lists that it works up to 2012.

100$ waste of time for a spare key.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
BE WARY!!! it programmed and will start my 2013... But not the keyless part.... An it cost 65$ to have it programmed. So am I expected to pay another 65 IF he Mails me a new key? I spoke with him on the phone and he said he only lists that it works up to 2012.

100$ waste of time for a spare key.

you did both programming sets of instructions? There is one for the key and one for the remote. Plenty of people have had them done on 2013's already...

And there is no difference in the keys between 11 and 14. My ford parts guy confirmed for me...

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
So want that 5.0 emblem!!

Yeah just sucks you have to buy 8, even though its only 6 bucks, its still a waste...

Once car show season starts back up, I'll find a few more people to split it with me. There's a bunch of 5.0 guys around here that don't frequent forums, so I'm sure I'll be getting lots of requests on the keys, lol...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah just sucks you have to buy 8, even though its only 6 bucks, its still a waste...

Once car show season starts back up, I'll find a few more people to split it with me. There's a bunch of 5.0 guys around here that don't frequent forums, so I'm sure I'll be getting lots of requests on the keys, lol...
I'll probably order some and keep some spares. Haha. I like the 5.0 but in black

cheeser

Established Member
Just received two of these for my 2013. Lowes didn't want to cut them for fear of messing them up, but I said to try anyways. No problems in program both new keys to start the car.

I did have a problem in programming the FOBs. I tried three times per the included instructions but the locks wouldn't cycle to enter program mode. Looked on here and noticed that I should also get in the car, open the door and hit unlock, and then do the off/on 8 times. Worked the fourth time like a charm.

Thanks for the info.

jdcobra

Established Member
When anyone else ordered their key did they notice if the key was kind of loose? Just got mine in today but when flipped open the key has a bit of play in it :/

Users who are viewing this thread