Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I got my "Flip Key" this week and have been busy, I got to Home Depot today and got it cut and came home and took me about 2 minutes to program the key. I carry JUST this one key alot and I didn't like the feel or the stab in the leg. This key is very sturdy and solid, works the same as the OEM and retains all the buttons.

Let me know what you guys think. :banana:

Closed:
39CCD93F-97A7-4B80-85E2-6F13EA8DCD6A-7848-000003120F68C77F_zps0f42c0cf.jpg

Open:
7F2D2730-D7CB-4B35-A21C-59E37AAA3C64-7848-0000031220A0E192_zpsfcfbf945.jpg

Inserted:
4525F40D-51A8-4D6B-BFCF-33F477DE42E2-7848-0000031234A0D425_zps52407be6.jpg

ATTFighter

Established Member
I have been looking for something like this. I used to have a BMW which was a key FOB and was so much easier to carry around. This key has put holes in my jeans and is very uncomfortable. Where did you purchase this? And how do you program it? Thanks.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I like it, I'll be ordering one soon
So nice, what are you waiting for :rockon:

care to provide a link to parts or some sort of writeup?

I have been looking for something like this. I used to have a BMW which was a key FOB and was so much easier to carry around. This key has put holes in my jeans and is very uncomfortable. Where did you purchase this? And how do you program it? Thanks.

Same here.
I bought the key off Ebay, was $29.99 with shipping.

The guy that I ordered it from was super fast, I had it mid week.

New Unique All in One Ford Mercury Lincoln 4 Buttons Flip Keyless Remote Key | eBay

He provides you with the instructions that are nothing more then a few key cycles, I had this key programed in under 2 minutes. I had the key cut at Home Depot, the lady I had did mine for free. They may say "oh we can't do that" and just tell them you had one done here last time and it worked fine.

Last edited:

ATTFighter

Established Member
why does it say this part is not compatible with 2013 mustang gt 5.0?

also

Some modules of vehicles need to removed the plastic piece from ignition hole, cut at least 3/4 off to fit this heavy flip keyless key insert to the ignition hole to start your vehicel!

did you have to do that?

oneslo5.0

Established Member
why does it say this part is not compatible with 2013 mustang gt 5.0?

also

Some modules of vehicles need to removed the plastic piece from ignition hole, cut at least 3/4 off to fit this heavy flip keyless key insert to the ignition hole to start your vehicel!

did you have to do that?

I have a 2012 so I can't speak on the 13's, maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in and answer that, but if I had to bet...it's fine.

All I did was take the key to Home Depot, cut it, put it in and programed it. I will say that the "flip key" is the same or damn near the same weight as my OE key. Also as far as "weight" I bet people have alot of shit on there key rings weighing it down. I had no issue, no modifying was done to make this key work.

scott_0

Established Member
not sure if its just me, but the pics arent showing up for me, but at any rate I have one of these keys and love it!

Torchy

Established Member
Looks like a VW key nice mod.

It pretty much is. A guy with a 2013 GT500 did this with out any problems. He also bought it from the link the OP posed off ebay. Seems legit. I'm gonna do it on my 2013 GT.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Yea, very honest guy and FAST shipping. I am going to order a second key (for my spare key set).

I can't answer the compatibility on the 13's guys, but I bet it will work just fine!

I put them side by side with my buddies Passat key and they are the same, open the same and feel the same.

BUCKET

Established Member
Been using one for few weeks now. Did you get the ford sticker for screw cover on back side?

To answer, it worked on my '13 boss

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Been using one for few weeks now. Did you get the ford sticker for screw cover on back side?

To answer, it worked on my '13 boss

No sir, my only complaint. I have sent him a email and I hope to hear from him in the morning.

Djstorm100

Established Member
How do you program it (I assume it is for the alarm and not the immobilizer) ? Do you loose a key because of the immobilizer?

Users who are viewing this thread