Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

2012GT/CS

Established Member
Went to lows today after talking the guy into cutting my key it didn't come out right he showed me in the book that he used the right setup 24a or somrthing. and we looked at my stock key and the ford flip key and they did not look 100% the same :( I bought it from the same link on the first page also. I hope he gives me the correct one and let's me send this one back.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Went to lows today after talking the guy into cutting my key it didn't come out right he showed me in the book that he used the right setup 24a or somrthing. and we looked at my stock key and the ford flip key and they did not look 100% the same :( I bought it from the same link on the first page also. I hope he gives me the correct one and let's me send this one back.

That sucks. Mine was the correct 24 blank, it was just longer than my original key.

madscotsman

Established Member
Quick question on the cutting. Did you guys that have these have to remove the key blank from the remote to fit in the key cutting machine?? In other words do I need to take apart the entire key prior to trying to find someone to cut it?? My neighbor is a manager at Home Depot and if I can catch him at work, i'm sure he will try to cut it for me, just want to have it ready instead of trying to take it apart at the store if necessary.

TIA

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Quick question on the cutting. Did you guys that have these have to remove the key blank from the remote to fit in the key cutting machine?? In other words do I need to take apart the entire key prior to trying to find someone to cut it?? My neighbor is a manager at Home Depot and if I can catch him at work, i'm sure he will try to cut it for me, just want to have it ready instead of trying to take it apart at the store if necessary.

TIA
No, you don't need to remove it.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Looks like the same link as originally posted....

It is - saw a few people had problems but he seems legit. My local HD and Lowe's key people are assholes usually so I might have to run around to get it cut. We'll see.

Steve@CJPP

so I have only the one key my car came with so I need to take that and this and go to the dealer to program and cut is my understanding?

scott_0

Established Member

TIA
my local hardware store couldnt fit the assembled key into their machine, so I had to run home and disassemble it and they cut it with ease :rockon:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
my local hardware store couldnt fit the assembled key into their machine, so I had to run home and disassemble it and they cut it with ease :rockon:
Ah, hey if it works now that's all that matters! Hope you enjoy it man.

madscotsman

Established Member

madscotsman

Established Member
Bought the key from the link provided and it works perfectly so far on my 2013 GT. I had some trouble getting it cut as Home Depot and Lowes employees nearly had a syncopal episode after hearing I wanted them to cut a chipped key. Mine came with the Ford logo on the back.

d96f262c-3007-4c4a-9620-527aced290da.gif

The logo on that one looks crooked to me. Wonder if they just removed the "VW" and put it on there??? I might see if I can find a replacement key fob shell for a 2013 key and take the running pony off it to put on the new key when it arrives

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The logo on that one looks crooked to me. Wonder if they just removed the "VW" and put it on there??? I might see if I can find a replacement key fob shell for a 2013 key and take the running pony off it to put on the new key when it arrives
Different sizes.

mikestoyz

Established Member

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I don't really like the way the "VW" fob looks so I ordered this one from the same sellar:

2011 13 Ford Mustang ALIN1 Flip Chip Key Keyless Entry Transmitter Click Remote | eBay

It costs a little more than the "VW" one, but looks like it might be better quality IMO . Auction says it's compatible with the 2013. I'll post up my experiences when I get it and get it cut and programmed.

Looks like its coming from China too. Hopefully you get a legit unit and not ripped off

Locotone07

Established Member
I don't really like the way the "VW" fob looks so I ordered this one from the same sellar:

2011 13 Ford Mustang ALIN1 Flip Chip Key Keyless Entry Transmitter Click Remote | eBay

It costs a little more than the "VW" one, but looks like it might be better quality IMO . Auction says it's compatible with the 2013. I'll post up my experiences when I get it and get it cut and programmed.

It's not better, at least in my experience. I have both and the one you listed above has a 'looser' key. Even when new the key was not flush with the side and it gets worse with age...as in it comes further away from being flush. It was one of the first available, which is why I have one. The logo will also move on you as well, its a sticker and the body heat from being in your pocket will loosen it up (which will happen with my current custom logo, but a dab of crazy glue will fix that). Knowing what I know now, quality not cost (even though my new fob cost me less than $21...from Ebay via China) I'd still get the newer one without the Ford logo. YMMV.

redrader26

Established Member
If the new key starts my car, I assume the first step worked? I didn't see the security light come on like the instrux said. When I did the second step, nothing happened when I pressed a button on the new fob. So maybe the first step didn't work?

Users who are viewing this thread