Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
How many keys did you need to program the new one? I've heard two is needed for the reprogramming. I lost one and am down to one original key.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
How do you program it (I assume it is for the alarm and not the immobilizer) ? Do you loose a key because of the immobilizer?
It will give you instructions on how to program, no key is lost. I have both of my OE keys and the flip key.
How many keys did you need to program the new one? I've heard two is needed for the reprogramming. I lost one and am down to one original key.
You just need the new blank, the paper work gives you a cycle to program new keys. Once you do the key cycles the car will re-learn the keys. Then within 20 seconds you can add any of your OE keys back with another sequence.
That's what I was thinking.
:banana:
Sweet, why not. Thanks for the link looks good. I ordered one for my 13 as well.
Enjoy it man!
No mustang logo or 5.0 logo
I know :( my only real "complaint" but the key functions in the way I want and is a 8/10 on looks. If it had the logo it would be a 10/10, but I bought the key for "purpose" over looks. I am currently looking for ideas on how/if someone can make the little logos.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
You just need the new blank, the paper work gives you a cycle to program new keys. Once you do the key cycles the car will re-learn the keys. Then within 20 seconds you can add any of your OE keys back with another sequence.

Thanks for the info. The site on the ebay ad says that you will need two keys to program the new one for some reason. Maybe I'll just buy one of these and give it a shot.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

Thanks for the info. The site on the ebay ad says that you will need two keys to program the new one for some reason. Maybe I'll just buy one of these and give it a shot.
So what you're saying is that when you add the flip key, you will also need to relearn all your OE keys?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
So yes you DO NEED TWO EXISTING KEYS or no? I bought my car used, and they only gave me one key... This would be cool, if you can do it with just one key...

oneslo5.0

Established Member
So yes you DO NEED TWO EXISTING KEYS or no? I bought my car used, and they only gave me one key... This would be cool, if you can do it with just one key...

I'm not the best in this topic, so take it for what it is BUT I don't believe you need 2 keys to do this program.

scott_0

Established Member
you have to have two functioning keys to do the programming yourself

BUCKET

Established Member
I am using it on my '13 boss a few weeks now. Biggest issue is finding someone to cut it without being a spaz. It took both stock keys to program the flip key for starting. The fob is a different process

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I am using it on my '13 boss a few weeks now. Biggest issue is finding someone to cut it without being a spaz. It took both stock keys to program the flip key for starting. The fob is a different process

So are there instruction included for both processes?

Users who are viewing this thread