Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

86merc

Established Member
Looks like a VW key nice mod.

That is exactly what it is. I have had mine for over a year now. It was only available with the 'WV' logo then. Now you can get it with the blue oval logo.

How many keys did you need to program the new one? I've heard two is needed for the reprogramming. I lost one and am down to one original key.

I am pretty sure you need two programmed keys to add additional keys.

So are there instruction included for both processes?

Here is a link with the instructions on programming the key and fob. :beer:

BUCKET

Established Member
So are there instruction included for both processes?

Yep. Also in the original thread for the keys on the '13 gt500 key thread or

For the Key you need to have the two existing keys on hand. If you don't the dealer or locksmith must do it.

1) First oem key in ignition, click to on (just shy of cranking), then back to off (must be on ON at least 1 sec)

2) next oem key (within 10 sec) in ignition, click to on (at least 1 sec), then to off

3)insert unprogrammed key (within 20 sec) click to on (at least 1 sec) then off

Security light will illuminate for 3 sec to tell you the new key is programmed.

For the FOB portion

1) Close all doors, then open drivers door and press unlock button on drivers door while open, then insert key into ignition

2) turn ignition from off to on (one click shy of cranking) 8 time within 10 seconds, with the 8th mtime ending in the ON position. The door locks should cycle to confirm programming mode)

3) within 20 sec press any button on 1st remote to be programmed, door locks will cycle to let you know that fob is programmed

4) if you have a second fob you want to program press any button on it now, door locks should cycle to let you know that fob is also programmed.

5) turn ignition off, door should cycle to let you know it is now out of program mode

Torchy

Established Member

For the Key you need to have the two existing keys on hand. If you don't the dealer or locksmith must do it.

1) First oem key in ignition, click to on (just shy of cranking), then back to off (must be on ON at least 1 sec)

2) next oem key (within 10 sec) in ignition, click to on (at least 1 sec), then to off

For the FOB portion

1) Close all doors, then open drivers door and press unlock button on drivers door while open, then insert key into ignition

2) turn ignition from off to on (one click shy of cranking) 8 time within 10 seconds, with the 8th mtime ending in the ON position. The door locks should cycle to confirm programming mode)

3) within 20 sec press any button on 1st remote to be programmed, door locks will cycle to let you know that fob is programmed

4) if you have a second fob you want to program press any button on it now, door locks should cycle to let you know that fob is also programmed.

5) turn ignition off, door should cycle to let you know it is now out of program mode

Finish him

Up, down, left, right, a a, b b= fatality

cuslo1

Established Member

For the FOB portion

Do you keep the drivers door open after you hit the unlock button or close it once in the car, you never specified and those are the little things that could throw all keys out of program, have seen it happen before.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

For the FOB portion

Thanks man. :beer:

Finish him

Up, down, left, right, a a, b b= fatality
:lol1::lol:

86merc

Established Member
Do you keep the drivers door open after you hit the unlock button or close it once in the car, you never specified and those are the little things that could throw all keys out of program, have seen it happen before.

Do exactly what it says and you will be fine. No where does it say close the door after you hit the button. So leave the door open.

cuslo1

Established Member
do exactly what it says and you will be fine. No where does it say close the door after you hit the button. So leave the door open.
yes sir!!!! Lmao just verifying people sometimes unwittingly leave out key details. We are all human.just asking!!!! The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked

86merc

Established Member
yes sir!!!! Lmao just verifying people sometimes unwittingly leave out key details. We are all human.just asking!!!! The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked

I didn't mean it like that. hahaha

And they made you keep the door open just in case it messes up and locks the doors on you. Don't want to be trapped inside!

Yes, I am kidding!

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Can someone repost the link where to get these because OP's link went dead I believe.

86merc

Established Member
Ebay. Just search 2011 mustang flip key. Lots of options and prices for you.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I got my new flip key to program but not to start the car I tried everything I have both original keys.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Got my key yesterday. Lowes cut it for free (I tipped the guy a couple bucks though) and everything is programmed with it! Drove to work and all it good. :D

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I got my new flip key to program but not to start the car I tried everything I have both original keys.
when i programmed mine last night, the security light never actually illuminated like the instructions said it would.

Also, does your "key" symbol on the gauge cluster blink really fast when you put the key in the ignition and turn it to "ON"?

And are you sure it is in fact cut correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread