Got my car Dynotuned before winter

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I installed a blower on my car last fall- and then spent all summer chasing down small vacuum leaks, until a couple weeks ago.

It was a 3 hour drive to Performance Dyno, first time shes ever been on a trailer since it arrived at the dealer new
IMAG0546_zps7l8v3t9q.jpg

20141101_112450_zpsbe15dcb3.jpg

The setup- full exhaust, and a stock 3.8 longblock with a M112 pushing 7psi through a 4R70 (power sucker)
20141101_115135_zps4dc6319a.jpg

First runs, on 93-
[video=youtube;eJBOkmemP_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJBOkmemP_I[/video]

The outcome
IMAG0548_zpstz33ijfc.jpg

230/252. Not bad for stock everything and low boost- about 70hp over stock. But could be more.

And so I did more.

In goes the E-85
20141101_124148_zps2fd4414e.jpg

And then...
[video=youtube;dxSCtM9-Los]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSCtM9-Los[/video]
Result- 35hp gain and 14tq

Not bad!

It pulls good now! Next step? I have a 3.4 pulley that will net 10ish PSI. But for now, i think it will be enjoyed a bit before it gets the new heads, intake, and cam along with a forged shortblock so it can take 18+psi. Until then, its getting coilovers, and borrowing Timsponys Bogarts for a track pass or two!

Also, in before 'sounds like shit'. Its a V6, it has an even firing order, moving on.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Unique setup for sure. Why did you chose to go this route?

Was my first car- and Im still in it for cheaper than a 4.6 swap would have been. Although i think the biggest selling point was its paid off, and with the chevelle Ive already got a nice V8 car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unique setup and I commend you for being different. Nice power with the E85. I had to laugh when I saw Tim's name mentioned in your post, because when I saw you with the hoodie you looked like Tim at first glance (with the hoodie over your head, Tim style). LOL. Keep us posted as your modding plans progress.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Unique setup and I commend you for being different. Nice power with the E85. I had to laugh when I saw Tim's name mentioned in your post, because when I saw you with the hoodie you looked like Tim at first glance (with the hoodie over your head, Tim style). LOL. Keep us posted as your modding plans progress.

That would actually be Tim doing the fueling! I was grabbing the other fuel cans when that one was taken.

why soo low numbers like a stock V6?

Well, it pretty much IS a stock V6 with a blower on it- but its a nice gain over the 155rwhp stock. Could have likely gotten more, but I drive a lot and went conservative.

paintless302

Established Member
Well done, took me a second after looking at the numbers to figure out what the hell was going on. Don't let the haters get to ya. Every project has its merits, and you make do with what ya got! Car looks great too, although I'm not a fan of the lip spoiler.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

It is me Bob :D .... When it's cold/wet I where that hoodie!!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I actually helped Alex put this set-up in his car....It's actually a pretty cool setup!!

I'm telling you right now, this car with surprise a lot of 4.6L 2v cars!! ~ I wouldn't be surprised to also see a 12 sec. time slip at the track through the stock AOD....Nicely done :)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
It is me Bob :D .... When it's cold/wet I where that hoodie!!

^ The Bromance is strong between Bob & Tim. Bob recognizes him just by his chin! ;-)

Nice setup OP. I like it. Love that it still has all the v6 markings. I bet you will surprise some people for sure. What's the car weigh with your v6 setup vs a v8?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Different, and hey not to shabby. Congrats on the new power!

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Nice setup OP. I like it. Love that it still has all the v6 markings. I bet you will surprise some people for sure. What's the car weigh with your v6 setup vs a v8?

Stock, about 32xx with all the fluids. I figure in race mode, it will be around 3500 with everything in it ready to go. Or about 350lbs less than Tims cobra- except I still have all my seats!

smitty2919

Established Member
Meh would have went LS swap :)

Also hate the Cobra front bumper and Mach 1 hood on a car that isn't a Cobra OR a Mach 1 OR reflects the power of either.

Not just you...I hate it on all non original Cobra/Mach1 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread