Got bored and joined the LS crew

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
FWIW new 6th gens around here are being heavily discounted with incentives from GM and Dealer. Dealer near me is selling 2SS cars with dual mode quad exhaust, big brembos for 39, without dual mode exhaust its 37K. Those are some pretty substantial discounts.
Too little too late for me.

They wanted 47k for a 2SS with the adaptive exhaust and I decided I would rather only spend 38k for my '16 DIB Premium GT

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Too little too late for me.

They wanted 47k for a 2SS with the adaptive exhaust and I decided I would rather only spend 38k for my '16 DIB Premium GT

My buddy was one of those have to have it guys, got a 2SS when they 1st came out and paid somewhere around 47/48K. He realized that mistake and kept the car 6-9 mos.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I made 468whp with a cam that still had great manners. Stock heads, intake manifold, and throttle body too.

I would ask how you liked it.. but didn't you throw a blower on it also? lol

Go big... I thought a heads/cam LS would keep me happy for a while, but am starting to regret not throwing a blower on it to begin with.

Nah, honestly I will probably drive it MAYBE once a week, and I want to enjoy driving it.

Last thing I want is a car that bucks and turns off for the 100 miles a week I might be in it

Those that own LS powered cars are ghey....oh wait!

Once you go Ls.....

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
maybe its the angle.. but the camaro looks small

20638246_10155770807828933_2007097044435759179_n.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I just don't care for the glass position and blind spots of that car. I looked at them when they were new and when they got some age on them. I keep wanting to like them but I always end up walking away going meh. When they are cheaper I'll be more interested

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'll say this much about the 2010+ Camaro (and yes, I realize they are completely different in 2017 compared to 2010, but my complaints are still relative to the car in general):

I like the way they look, sound and drive. And while slower than a Coyote (sans the new ones) at the same price point, they're still quick cars more than capable of getting one a speeding ticket. However, I was never a fan of my position in the car or the general small feeling (as far as interior room) it has. Also, blind spots and chunkiness.

But regardless, nice car and congrats Jared!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I would ask how you liked it.. but didn't you throw a blower on it also? lol

I had an F1-R for it but never put it on. Ended up putting a 416ci stroker LS3 in it instead. If you're not going out to try to beat the world with it and just using it as an occasional fun driver, you'll love it with a cam, exhaust, and bolt ons.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I had an F1-R for it but never put it on. Ended up putting a 416ci stroker LS3 in it instead. If you're not going out to try to beat the world with it and just using it as an occasional fun driver, you'll love it with a cam, exhaust, and bolt ons.

I remember when you had that car for sale on LS1tech. Man I wish I had been in the position to buy it at that time! Car looked killer, very nice exterior touches to go with that 416 under the hood.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I've read it several times that even with turbos the 350Z is still slow. It's like the 3V Mustang GT. It just doesn't want to make big power.

Ouch. I've seen a couple of well sorted 3v's run in the 10's. Nothing to dramatic, TVS, fbo, bigs/littles. A5

Recon

Established Member
Fabman302 has a pretty wicked 3V. 650rwhp on only 9lbs through an auto. Now has a Magnum XL, converted from drag to road course use. I'm using some of his build list on both of my 3V's. on the other forum I'm on there's someone with a turbo 3V with 1000rwhp.
Plan for my 427R is 600/600 and my GT 350/350, or higher torque numbers.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Fabman302 has a pretty wicked 3V. 650rwhp on only 9lbs through an auto. Now has a Magnum XL, converted from drag to road course use. I'm using some of his build list on both of my 3V's. on the other forum I'm on there's someone with a turbo 3V with 1000rwhp.
Plan for my 427R is 600/600 and my GT 350/350, or higher torque numbers.

@GT Premi just likes to hear his keyboard click. There's plenty of fast 3V cars out there. Do they generally cost more than going fast in a Coyote? Yes. My mechanic has a 2010 GT convertible that went 7.05 consistently on a 150 shot. Now he's turbocharged and looking to make, at minimum, 700rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread