Got bored and joined the LS crew

Kiohtee

Established Member
You could've had a Coyote ya turd. Faster AND cheaper!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
FWIW new 6th gens around here are being heavily discounted with incentives from GM and Dealer. Dealer near me is selling 2SS cars with dual mode quad exhaust, big brembos for 39, without dual mode exhaust its 37K. Those are some pretty substantial discounts.

Still way way way more than I paid lol

That 5th gen can still run its ass off. I would do gears ASAP, the wide ratio 6060 trans in that car really needs more gear out back to keep the motor in the sweet spot, would do 4.10s or 3.73 minimum. I would do headers/exhaust, BTR cam, rick crawford ported LS3 intake manifold. That's a fun combo!

Thats the plan. Well havent even thought about gears honestly. Its fun for what it is for now, and everywhere near me is 35 mph speed limits til I leave town haha

You could've had a Coyote ya turd. Faster AND cheaper!

Not unless Coyotes are selling for these than 20k these days!

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I figured after the 10+ mustangs I've had in my life.

It's time to try out a different car and see how I like it.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
The gearing really hurt 5th gens, rear gear swap, even with modest bolt-ons and tune is a night and day difference.

The fun part will be seeing how this car runs next to my 350z once the turbo install is complete.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I'm a fan of the 5th gen Camaro's. The LS3 is stout for sure and with just a couple of bolt-ons are probably a bit quicker than a stock 5.0 considering the weight difference.

I hope you enjoy it man.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
The shop I go to is willing to trade my turbo kit for the nissan, for an intake, cam, tune.

Tempting

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
How much is that 350 Z turbo kit?
The shop I go to is willing to trade my turbo kit for the nissan, for an intake, cam, tune.

Tempting

2823a33b4b944dac214c030efa74ee73fc87510c_hq.gif

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Yeah air intake not the manifold.

It's tempting, just for not putting out any money for it. Wonder what kind of power a cammed ls3 makes

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The LS3 does pretty good, the cars with Cam, CAI, Headers are around 470-480 RWHP, some of the more aggressive grinds can push 490. I wouldn't daily a car with a donkey dick cam though. They can be real hard on springs, lifters etc.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The 3.91 gears are a gm part from the 1le and they make a huge difference. The biggest hold back is the exhaust manifolds, swap to long tubes and you will be set. TSP makes some great cams

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
The LS3 does pretty good, the cars with Cam, CAI, Headers are around 470-480 RWHP, some of the more aggressive grinds can push 490. I wouldn't daily a car with a donkey dick cam though. They can be real hard on springs, lifters etc.

I think 475 rwhp would make me happy for a bit

Users who are viewing this thread