Got bored and joined the LS crew

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
@GT Premi just likes to hear his keyboard click. There's plenty of fast 3V cars out there. Do they generally cost more than going fast in a Coyote? Yes. My mechanic has a 2010 GT convertible that went 7.05 consistently on a 150 shot. Now he's turbocharged and looking to make, at minimum, 700rwhp.
7 secs with 150 shot only? Was this the 1/8th mile?

smitty2919

Established Member
Blind spots, weight and interior design are the worst about the 5th Gens. 6th Gen cars fixed all of that for me.

Being into autocross, I like the idea and visual of a larger car being very nimble. Curious what it would take to get a 5th gen to 6th gen weight without going nuts on gutting interior etc.

I could watch a local 5th Gen Z28 rip around the autocross course allll dayyy looong.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
@GT Premi just likes to hear his keyboard click. There's plenty of fast 3V cars out there. Do they generally cost more than going fast in a Coyote? Yes. My mechanic has a 2010 GT convertible that went 7.05 consistently on a 150 shot. Now he's turbocharged and looking to make, at minimum, 700rwhp.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. I used to own a 3V and loved it. So much so that my screen name comes from that car. Just because you know a guy doesn't change anything.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I had an F1-R for it but never put it on. Ended up putting a 416ci stroker LS3 in it instead. If you're not going out to try to beat the world with it and just using it as an occasional fun driver, you'll love it with a cam, exhaust, and bolt ons.

Yeah I just want to enjoy it. so I'm doing gears, and bolt ons and the cam. hoping for just under 500rwhp and call it a day

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah I just want to enjoy it. so I'm doing gears, and bolt ons and the cam. hoping for just under 500rwhp and call it a day

Then you should be golden. When you do headers do yourself a favor and get them coated. Underhood temps on my car were nuts. Coating the headers helped out a ton.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Then you should be golden. When you do headers do yourself a favor and get them coated. Underhood temps on my car were nuts. Coating the headers helped out a ton.

Would that be beneficial on stock manifolds? I want a set of shorties for my GT500, but FRPP doesn't sell the ones they had anymore, and that other company that makes/made them has a bad rep for the shorties. I don't want long tubes because I need to keep my cats, and I don't want a super loud exhaust on my GT500.

Anyways, it would be nice to reduce as much underhood heat as possible in the warmer months.

72SBC

Established Member

Yep, my current car fried the starter after a year. I don't know if it was the headers or just being a really hot day, but it gets toasty under there.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member

I've learned temps are just hot period in this car. With stock everything other than exhaust I was at 217 temp at Sonic. Went down to 197 while driving. 96 degrees outside today

How much are headers on these cars?

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
700ish aint bad. Since I wont have to come out of pocket for the cam, tune, intake.

I may see if I can snag those too at the same time and do it all at once.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah it gets pricey if you go ARH, Stainless Works or Kooks. The TSP house brand headers have good fit and finish, but they are made offshore. That doesn't really bother me as long as they fit right.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I think only a 1/4 of this forum knows 1/8 mile racing. Try to keep it 1320 and up boss.

A lot more people know about the 1/8th than you're giving them credit for, boss. Hell, your 1/8th is posted on a 1/4 slip.

But a 7.05 is knocking on 10s if not already there.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. I used to own a 3V and loved it. So much so that my screen name comes from that car. Just because you know a guy doesn't change anything.

Yeah, because I'm sure the guy I know is the 3V outlier right? Just because it's slow with bolt-ons doesn't mean it's slow across the board. Shit evens out real quick when you start dumping nitrous or boost into something.

Recon

Established Member

I know there is. There's just better options out there to make power. So a stout 3V is on the rare side. I'm hoping to have a strong one (GT is strictly N/A build so it won't be as mean) for road courses, already have the short block.
I'm not a drag guy but that sounds good for the 1/8th.
I'm not tense about it or anything. I don't see this as a reason to get mad about someone's opinion over the Internet.
Sorry for getting this thread sidetracked. Back to LS!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I know there is. There's just better options out there to make power. So a stout 3V is on the rare side. I'm hoping to have a strong one (GT is strictly N/A build so it won't be as mean) for road courses, already have the short block.
I'm not a drag guy but that sounds good for the 1/8th.
I'm not tense about it or anything. I don't see this as a reason to get mad about someone's opinion over the Internet.
Sorry for getting this thread sidetracked. Back to LS!

There's definitely better options. The Coyote being the most prominent. And I'm not mad. Heck, I haven't (and probably won't) owned/own a 3V. I just get tired of people lumping them into a category of shitty, Mustang II-type vehicles (which I'm not saying was done here).

But yeah, lets continue with encouraging Jared on his new pick up and getting her stout.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Would that be beneficial on stock manifolds? I want a set of shorties for my GT500, but FRPP doesn't sell the ones they had anymore, and that other company that makes/made them has a bad rep for the shorties. I don't want long tubes because I need to keep my cats, and I don't want a super loud exhaust on my GT500.

Anyways, it would be nice to reduce as much underhood heat as possible in the warmer months.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Why can't you get cats with longtubes? I have emissions testing here and my longtube/high flow cat set ups have always passed. You can also keep your catback mellow to keep the racket down.

Yep, my current car fried the starter after a year. I don't know if it was the headers or just being a really hot day, but it gets toasty under there.

It sure does!

I've learned temps are just hot period in this car. With stock everything other than exhaust I was at 217 temp at Sonic. Went down to 197 while driving. 96 degrees outside today

How much are headers on these cars?

Good headers are pricey but worth it IMO. I always use ARH and love them. Quality, fit, and finish is outstanding.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Just cell shots

20664919_10155774077613933_5442338036858349537_n.jpg

19748393_10155774068028933_7895846465084611568_n.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Going to try to run it today. Weather was shit last night though... so Im not sure how the track is..

If the weather doesn't hold up. It'll get its first 200 mile round trip put on it

Users who are viewing this thread