Going Twin Turbo & Need Opinions

badblacklx

Established Member
Hey thanks man. So t3 flanges? Ok ill note that on my paper work. 6266 precision billet wheel dual ball bearing i think seems best way to go and you said .83 a/r is a good route? It would be extremely hard for me to ditch the sullivan man. I know all you guys say let it go but i just simply can't.
:beer: I hear ya bud. Sorry I didn't notice I mistyped I meant .82 ar and t3 flanges. Remember if you want the newest version of the 6266 you have to ask for the gen 2 design. It is only offered in dual ball bearing with ported s cover. Cg coldside is nice it ends at the fender so you have to finish building the piping to your throttle body regardless. The intercooler itself is 3.5" and uses a treadstone core if I remember correctly.

You ran there twin kit and cold side with Ac and ps? I haven't installed mine yet but iv just read that you have to notch the frame a lil for one of the pipes
Yes I have both and notched nothing. You do have to remove an ac line and get the canister removed off of it at a shop though to allow for extra clearance on the line so it doesn't touch the up pipe.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Worried about looks so much? Who doesnt want their car to look good. When i get tired of the twin turbo setup i will build something else. The build is the best part.

Ofcourse we do.but YOU rather sacrfice performance over looks is all im saying.
Pick up a 01 cobra intake and that car will be a way different animal...

Building a show car maybe....

badblacklx

Established Member

Not to derail thread but how long are the runners on the cj manifold you were wanting to use?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member

Show cars have bags. And sorry to burst your bubble squirt but but i dont do car shows.. to much politics involved. I also don't have time for your ignorance.

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
:beer: I hear ya bud. Sorry I didn't notice I mistyped I meant .82 ar and t3 flanges. Remember if you want the newest version of the 6266 you have to ask for the gen 2 design. It is only offered in dual ball bearing with ported s cover. Cg coldside is nice it ends at the fender so you have to finish building the piping to your throttle body regardless. The intercooler itself is 3.5" and uses a treadstone core if I remember correctly.

Yes I have both and notched nothing. You do have to remove an ac line and get the canister removed off of it at a shop though to allow for extra clearance on the line so it doesn't touch the up pipe.

Great info thanks again

Venomous 03

Established Member

Not to derail thread but how long are the runners on the cj manifold you were wanting to use?

They are 10" long.Street/Race car here.No dyno queen.using a stock coyote manifold will kill my power anything above 6,500.
With this im good to 7500 :)

Last edited:

Venomous 03

Established Member

Show cars have bags. Ive never shown my car before. And i don't have time for ignorance.

Lets see here.

No racing
No track
No slicks,making that HP useless.
Just a cruiser

Just a awesome looking engine bay and dyno sheet that says "1000hp" to really give those 8k instagram followers something to look at.....

Show car.

Having alot of followers on Instagram is like having alot of money in Monopoly.Dont let it get to your head.

You asked for opinions since youre new to the turbos.

Dont get mad cuz 99% of the guys here (including myself) go for mainly performance and give you a performance based opinion.

Last edited:

1raresnake

Established Member

When you say canister removed, could we possibly see pictures? It would help greatly as many are doing the swap.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Lets see here.

No racing
No track
Just a cruiser

Just a awesome looking engine bay and dyno sheet that says "1000hp" to really give those 8k instagram followers something to look at.....

Show car.

Having alot of followers on Instagram is like having alot of money in Monopoly.Dont let it get to your head.

Dont get mad cuz 99% of the guys here (including myself) go for mainly performance and give you a performance based opinion.

Wow you seem a little obsessed with me. Stalking me on social media. Its cool man im flattered of your jealousy. Your instagram and monopoly money comments just go to show how immature you really are. Looks to me l you need to get a life of your own and worry less about others. Luckily for me since its my car i can use it however id like and im so terribly sorry it seems to burn you up inside. You may also exit yourself off of my thread. Immature little kids input is not needed especially all of your extra circular nonsense.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I don't really see an issue with the Sullivan intake. I'm going to be running one.. The main thing is that you need rpm. If you don't mind spinning the engine hard you'll be fine, and gear it properly.. Don't go and run 3.27's on the car.. 3.73's or higher and it'll be just fine and spin it to 7500+rpm.. :beer:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
I don't really see an issue with the Sullivan intake. I'm going to be running one.. The main thing is that you need rpm. If you don't mind spinning the engine hard you'll be fine, and gear it properly.. Don't go and run 3.27's on the car.. 3.73's or higher and it'll be just fine and spin it to 7500+rpm.. :beer:

Thank you for the info

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
He wanted a fun cruiser car, I made the suggestion on the fact that from idle-6k the factory intake would beat the sullivan, not to mention on a stick car it just compounds the issue. He wants to keep it, he wants to keep it and that's fine I was just offering the suggestion that if you are going off looks and aren't worried about running an optimum combo then why bother dropping the coin on DBB when changing the intake and cams would offer a much larger boost in spool/performance and what would probably be less cost. In the long run it's his car and it will be fun either way, but I offered my suggestion on the fact of what he said he doe with the car. If it's not a show car and you drive it to have fun, I suggested the most "fun" combo. If you want to keep the sullivan which does look cool I strongly recommend going auto and getting custom cams asap and the car should make some great peak power. Either way, I look forward to seeing it done!

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member

TC clearly said that he was open to opinions and information for something he is considering doing. Just because someone spends all of their own money making their vehicle into something they love doesn't mean it has to be taken to shows or raced on the track.

At least if you gonna run your mouth and clog up someone's thread stop rewriting and fixing your invalid arguments that means nothing to anyone else trying to give him good insight.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
He wanted a fun cruiser car, I made the suggestion on the fact that from idle-6k the factory intake would beat the sullivan, not to mention on a stick car it just compounds the issue. He wants to keep it, he wants to keep it and that's fine I was just offering the suggestion that if you are going off looks and aren't worried about running an optimum combo then why bother dropping the coin on DBB when changing the intake and cams would offer a much larger boost in spool/performance and what would probably be less cost. In the long run it's his car and it will be fun either way, but I offered my suggestion on the fact of what he said he doe with the car. If it's not a show car and you drive it to have fun, I suggested the most "fun" combo. If you want to keep the sullivan which does look cool I strongly recommend going auto and getting custom cams asap and the car should make some great peak power. Either way, I look forward to seeing it done!

And that is how you make an informal and constructive post. Thank you sir for the insight and for being nice as well.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
TC clearly said that he was open to opinions and information for something he is considering doing. Just because someone spends all of their own money making their vehicle into something they love doesn't mean it has to be taken to shows or raced on the track.

At least if you gonna run your mouth and clog up someone's thread stop rewriting and fixing your invalid arguments that means nothing to anyone else trying to give him good insight.

Thanks justin for the comment .. you nailed it right on the head.

deremer71

Established Member
As long as it ends up looking just as sexy as it did with the F1 I say go for it. Cleanest engine bay to date imo.

boduke0220

Established Member
Lets see here.

No racing
No track
Just a cruiser

Show car.

Sooo not sure who tinkled in your wheaties but calm down homie, just because you have or want a 1krwhp car does not mean you have to be out doing 60 to 160 pulls or going to the drag strip. I want 500rwhp and all I do is drive my car to the gym, feel free to flame me as well. If you don't like a build just click the back button.

Oh I'm also pretty sure tc never even asks for shoutouts lol people just like his car.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Sooo not sure who tinkled in your wheaties but calm down homie, just because you have or want a 1krwhp car does not mean you have to be out doing 60 to 160 pulls or going to the drag strip. I want 500rwhp and all I do is drive my car to the gym, feel free to flame me as well. If you don't like a build just click the back button.

Oh I'm also pretty sure tc never even asks for shoutouts lol people just like his car.

Yep.. trey your exactly right. I just dont understand people These days. Thats probably the mature adult coming out in me. Try to post a nice thread and some random jack wagon wants to attack you for no particular reason.

Venomous 03

Established Member

So now im obssesed seeing you around on instagram? Lol
Your ego is through the roof

Im immature for giving you a bit of advice and constructive criticism? Lol
You dont need to act like a kid
You wanted opinions.

I want you to be able to enjoy the car.

Half the people that go turbo from supercharged hate it.
Theres threads of it left and right.
And thats because people mismatched their setups.

Youre new to the turbo world and were tryna help.
Trust me,i was in the same boat as you.
But youre a lil hard headed.
Take advice from people that know.
Itll save you a few bucks in the future.

ASK anyone with a street car how they like their sullivan.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread