Going Twin Turbo & Need Opinions

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
At the moment I have a f1a setup on 24 psi making 901 hp and 760 tq. After 2 years Im bored with it, time for a change.

I am new to the turbo game with our cars so I would like you guys that have knowledge help point me in the right direction. Thank you.

My setup info below....

Sullivan upper/lower (Yes, I know it will lack down low power)

e85 with id2000's, triple 465's

CG fabrication twin turbo hot side

Custom cold side with at least a 1200hp + rated intercooler

Magnum 6 speed

Fully built IRS, full maximum motorsports suspension car

Teksid block 9.5 to 1 compression, kellog crank, manley rods, ross pistons, arp everything, lightly ported heads and custom KMS Turbo cams. (Updated turbo cam info)

My car is not a track car, maybe one day Ill get into that but not right now at this point in my life. It is just a street cruiser that hits the highway every now and then for some fun pulls by myself, no street racing, been down that road getting caught and having car impounded.

So basically I need to know what turbo size I should go with and a/r. I want to stick with Precision and I want billet wheel dual ball bearing as well. It seems 57's and 62's are popular choices, I just not sure on a/r size since that effects spool I believe.

I would like to have tune for 16 psi, 20 psi and 24-26ish psi. I would like to be over 1000 to the wheels as well.

Im sure Ive listed everything you will need to know, thanks for reading.

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
The Sullivan will make the car a dog down low just a heads up. If you just want a dyno queen and don't care about racing I would just keep it. If you want big numbers I would go with some gen 2 6266 t3 with .82 ar.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
The Sullivan will make the car a dog down low just a heads up. If you just want a dyno queen and don't care about racing I would just keep it. If you want big numbers I would go with some gen 2 6266 t3 with .82 ar.

Yes, I am aware the sullivan is more of an upper powerband range intake. However, its the only intake I personally like. So that will stay. Thanks for input on the turbo sizing.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Everyone going twin turbo now. My build has gone off the charts.. You will have to notch your frame some if your keeping Ac. I got a build thread going on u need to update with some pics. I live the cg hot and cold side but I went hpp upper. btw in the guy on Instagram that had the same wheels on a torch red and you called me a poser lol. So just know I had it first lol. Anyways if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I'm sure your build thread and Instagram photos will be better than my mine lol sad to see that bad ass f1 go

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
So, you are worried about A/R sizing but openly ignore the fact that you are running the wrong cams/intake to perform well. To be honest if you put in stock 98 cams degreed them put on a ported 01/Mach intake and put on non bb turbos with an auto you'd be significantly faster and it would be a much better cruisers not to mention cost less. But if you want to slap parts on a car because they look cool that's fine as well, if you go precision make sure to have the center section coated or it will rust. I like the 6266's as well as they will make 1000rwhp on a stick and still have pretty good spool on a stick car. The 57's might run out of steam on you but would spool much quicker.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Which hotside option did you go with. If your staying stick I'd do t4 flange and run the 62s. That will be enough to get you to a 1000 on a manual car. Your Tunner will tune it so you can adjust the boost to as high as you want. It won't be like a blower where you have to change tunes

badblacklx

Established Member
Everyone going twin turbo now. My build has gone off the charts.. You will have to notch your frame some if your keeping Ac. I got a build thread going on u need to update with some pics. I live the cg hot and cold side but I went hpp upper. btw in the guy on Instagram that had the same wheels on a torch red and you called me a poser lol. So just know I had it first lol. Anyways if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. ���� I'm sure your build thread and Instagram photos will be better than my mine lol sad to see that bad ass f1 go

I didn't have to notch my frame?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Which hotside option did you go with. If your staying stick I'd do t4 flange and run the 62s. That will be enough to get you to a 1000 on a manual car. Your Tunner will tune it so you can adjust the boost to as high as you want. It won't be like a blower where you have to change tunes

Everyone going twin turbo now. My build has gone off the charts.. You will have to notch your frame some if your keeping Ac. I got a build thread going on u need to update with some pics. I live the cg hot and cold side but I went hpp upper. btw in the guy on Instagram that had the same wheels on a torch red and you called me a poser lol. So just know I had it first lol. Anyways if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. ���� I'm sure your build thread and Instagram photos will be better than my mine lol sad to see that bad ass f1 go
I will check your thread out. I get bored easily so change things up so I dont make rash decisions and sell the car. If I have any questions I will ask you, thanks.

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
So, you are worried about A/R sizing but openly ignore the fact that you are running the wrong cams/intake to perform well. To be honest if you put in stock 98 cams degreed them put on a ported 01/Mach intake and put on non bb turbos with an auto you'd be significantly faster and it would be a much better cruisers not to mention cost less. But if you want to slap parts on a car because they look cool that's fine as well, if you go precision make sure to have the center section coated or it will rust. I like the 6266's as well as they will make 1000rwhp on a stick and still have pretty good spool on a stick car. The 57's might run out of steam on you but would spool much quicker.
Read 1st post again. I did not say " I am worried about a/r sizing" ...... I said "So basically I need to know what turbo size I should go with and a/r"

laruei

Established Member
Sub'n for build thread link :p

Car will look sick regardless of selected setup Im sure.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Going Twin Turbo & Need Opinions

Twin 6262 with .63 t4
That will get you over 1000 no problem.

One more thing,due to the fact that you worry about looks so much,you will not like the car any more than you did the procharger setup.
It will bore you alot quicker than procharger did.
You will not like the car with such a mismatched setup,specially being a street car.
Best bet is to stick with what you have now than to go with the TT setup your planning.

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Twin 6262 with .63 t4
That will get you over 1000 no problem.

One more thing,due to the fact that you worry about looks so much,you will not like the car any more than you did the procharger setup.
It will bore you alot quicker than procharger did.
You will not like the car with such a mismatched setup,specially being a street car.
Best bet is to stick with what you have now than to go with the TT setup your planning.

Worried about looks so much? Who doesnt want their car to look good. When i get tired of the twin turbo setup i will build something else. The build is the best part.

badblacklx

Established Member
You can break well into the 1k range with t3 flanges. They will maintain exhaust velocity much better also and help with spool. I don't recommend t4 flanges. Properly specd cams will help but your biggest problem is the Sullivan really short runner length, but I understand it looks really good so I see your point.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
You can break well into the 1k range with t3 flanges. They will maintain exhaust velocity much better also and help with spool. I don't recommend t4 flanges. Properly specd cams will help but your biggest problem is the Sullivan really short runner length, but I understand it looks really good so I see your point.

Hey thanks man. So t3 flanges? Ok ill note that on my paper work. 6266 precision billet wheel dual ball bearing i think seems best way to go and you said .83 a/r is a good route? It would be extremely hard for me to ditch the sullivan man. I know all you guys say let it go but i just simply can't.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Worried about looks so much? Who doesnt want their car to look good. When i get tired of the twin turbo setup i will build something else. The build is the best part.
You can make a car look great even when using parts that work better. I think my engine bay looks great and it has a factory intake. I'm not being rude I totally understand wanting it to look great which is why I mentioned the rust issue on precision center sections. I just personally follow, function over form. Different strokes.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That sucks that you're bored with it.. I like your idea of going TT though.. BUT I would highly consider going auto with the intake setup that you have. You can put a converter in it to all work together. I would say, if you could, bump the compression 1 more point to help with the lack of down low. Or have the cams ground to help with that.

Users who are viewing this thread