Going to the Dyno Tomorrow

chevpwr

Established Member
Going to the dyno tomorrow for some base numbers, I guess 368/355.
I ordered 1 7/8 Stainless Works catless headers, JLT CAI, and a Lund tune. I can't justify spending the extra $$$ on the Hellion kit, I'm going to wait till fall for the On3 kit for half the money.
I hope to make 420ish with the above mods.
For grins, after I make a few stock pulls, I'm going to put in the canned SCT 93 tune and see what happens.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Going to the dyno tomorrow for some base numbers, I guess 368/355.
I ordered 1 7/8 Stainless Works catless headers, JLT CAI, and a Lund tune. I can't justify spending the extra $$$ on the Hellion kit, I'm going to wait till fall for the On3 kit for half the money.
I hope to make 420ish with the above mods.
For grins, after I make a few stock pulls, I'm going to put in the canned SCT 93 tune and see what happens.

Do you have the auto? Good luck!
I am heading next week to get my '15GT PP dynoed.

chevpwr

Established Member
I did two pulls on the stock tune then two pulls on the SCT canned 93 tune these were the best of each.
The 363 was the stock one. My guess was pretty close. Specs on the car are in my sig.

uDMAjV.jpg

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
SCT is worth like.. nothing. Even throughout the curve there is almost no gain.

Hopefully lund can pull some more out of that thing.

chevpwr

Established Member
SCT is worth like.. nothing. Even throughout the curve there is almost no gain.

Hopefully lund can pull some more out of that thing.

I wasn't expecting a huge difference between the two but that is awful. I had 91 octane fuel mixed with Torco so there should have been enough octane for the 93 tune.

chevpwr

Established Member
Look what UPS brought today. Stainless Works headers, JLT CAI, and Redline hood strut kit
I hope to get everything installed this weekend.

FNhwCj.jpg

Kornilov

Established Member
Awesome thread. That thing is going to be a runner once all said and done. Youre lucky to have such a cute little helper - make sure she gets plenty of hugs and ice cream.

chevpwr

Established Member
Finished up last night at 11:00, took a little longer than I expected, but I was doing it in the garage floor.
I'll try to get some video later, I'm going to enjoy it today, it's going to be in the high 60's. If everything goes right I will dyno it again Friday.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
Yes, I would pay someone if I had to do it again!
If you are going to do the sound tube delete it is easy to do with the headers out, I wish I would have know that before I put it all back together :(

chevpwr

Established Member
How was the fitment? I am looking forward to some updated numbers!

Fitment was spot on, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the dyno this weekend, the car will be in the paint shop until Friday afternoon, and I don't know if the wife will let me go Saturday morning (Valentines Day) :(

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
So the tune added 4 whp between 6200-6700 rpm, which is ~6 hp at the crank.

And people void their warranties for that?

anotherneon

Established Member
It was a generic SCT which is never as good as a custom tune. He said he was going to load it just for shits and giggles, knowing it wasnt going to produce. And your warranty doesnt get voided just like that. Baseline dynos are between 375-385 on average a tune along is taking people up to about 400-410, add an intake and youre around 420whp.

Users who are viewing this thread