Going to start bans for remarks in the market section

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
LL, how about making it mandatory for sellers to post pics of what the heck they are selling. I'm tired of the pm me your email to get pics crap.

Its almost like:
I have something to sell but you have to PM me or email me to find out what it is.

I whole heatedly agree with this. A for sale thread should have at least the basic information about the car including the asking price and pictures.

I assure you all the mods agree with this, and we are working on it. Baby steps (or something like that).

Steve answered it right there. We are actually working on making pics with SVTP username in the pic mandatory.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Steve answered it right there. We are actually working on making pics with SVTP username in the pic mandatory.

LL, I think there should be something in each FS ad for parts that would give the actual manufacturer of the part (if known) and also the part # (if known) so that potential buyers can do their own research. I have seen a few ads where the seller really had no idea whether a part was interchangeable with other vehicles of same make/model, but different year. I think it could be agreed that most parts will have some sort of identifying marks on them as to manufacturer and/or model.

Just a thought.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
LL, I think there should be something in each FS ad for parts that would give the actual manufacturer of the part (if known) and also the part # (if known) so that potential buyers can do their own research. I have seen a few ads where the seller really had no idea whether a part was interchangeable with other vehicles of same make/model, but different year. I think it could be agreed that most parts will have some sort of identifying marks on them as to manufacturer and/or model.

Just a thought.

That would be a huge job for the mods. I think that is going to be left to the seller/buyer.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member

Awesome! A forum I use to go to had a format that made it mandatory for pics with username, price, location (city), etc. It basically killed scammers and people selling unseen garbage.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
If SVTP hosts the pics and they can purge them from their servers to control resources after the ad runs or is deleted, that will solve a lot of the problems revolving around pics in ads.

Dragu1a

Established Member
LL, how about making it mandatory for sellers to post pics of what the heck they are selling. I'm tired of the pm me your email to get pics crap.

Its almost like:
I have something to sell but you have to PM me or email me to find out what it is.

"too many mods to list" always annoyed me too.

how about stopping these WTB ads too? stop cluttering up the market section bc you're too ****ing lazy to use the search function...

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
isnt the ability to laugh at a poster/call them out on blatantly overpriced shit the whole point of marketplaces on forums?

You can do what ECMlink did, was that in the market section, only the OP or mods had the ability to post replies.

No kidding.

If you want $25k for your beat to shit '96 Cobra, I reserve the right to laugh at you. Some people need to hear input for their own good, otherwise their item is never going to sell. And I don't hesitate to give positive input either if someone has a good price or a beautiful car.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No kidding.

If you want $25k for your beat to shit '96 Cobra, I reserve the right to laugh at you. Some people need to hear input for their own good, otherwise their item is never going to sell. And I don't hesitate to give positive input either if someone has a good price or a beautiful car.

Then feel free to send the poster a PM letting them know your thoughts on their price.

The big thing to keep in mind is that if there's a potential fraud issue going on, hit the report post button.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Then feel free to send the poster a PM letting them know your thoughts on their price.

The big thing to keep in mind is that if there's a potential fraud issue going on, hit the report post button.

So, let me get this straight.....you want users to HIT THE REPORT POST BUTTON if they suspect a potential fraud issue.

Such a unique idea Travis.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
No kidding.

If you do it in their thread you will receive an infraction. A few infractions = ban. Your kind of remark is exactly what this thread is about. Try reading the first post.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
:beer: awesome. No need to comment on people's threads, the silence of no replies will get the point across just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread