Going to start bans for remarks in the market section

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
15. Comments about the price or condition of an item for sale in The Market are prohibited so long as that information has been disclosed by the original poster. If you believe the price is too high express your concerns privately.

If you are not interested in buying then stay out. Telling them; "LOL good luck getting that price" will not fly. And yes you can PM them however why would you?
Is it really that important to you?

READ>>>>> http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-according-to-Stampede!-SVTP-rule-explanation

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Was just reading a thread in the Market section yesterday wondering how some of the comments were being let go by mods. Glad to see these types of comments will get cut back on. For sale threads should be for the seller and potential buyers, not some idiot who cant afford it complaining about pricing. Thanks Larry

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Was just reading a thread in the Market section yesterday wondering how some of the comments were being let go by mods. Glad to see these types of comments will get cut back on. For sale threads should be for the seller and potential buyers, not some idiot who cant afford it complaining about pricing. Thanks Larry

Next time hit the REPORT BUTTON. We can't read every thread. We need the members' help.

THANKS

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
That's good to hear, I never understood the need to make comments on what people are asking, simply move along if you don't like the price. :beer:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
serious question - lets say we know someones selling a pile of shit, be it parts or a vehicle and have links or other evidence of said POS, outside of PMing people that posted their interest how would you recommend we go about trying to make sure fellow members are aware to be careful? Call the seller out in a separate thread or what? Not everyone looking to buy a part or vehicle will post in the thread. Or is it just buyer beware and they better do their homework before making a major purchase?

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
BUMP! Everyone needs to read this. The market has been out of hand lately. SVTP's rules are very clear. If you receive an infraction or temp ban "multiple infractions" I don't want to hear any sniveling.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
serious question - lets say we know someones selling a pile of shit, be it parts or a vehicle and have links or other evidence of said POS, outside of PMing people that posted their interest how would you recommend we go about trying to make sure fellow members are aware to be careful? Call the seller out in a separate thread or what? Not everyone looking to buy a part or vehicle will post in the thread. Or is it just buyer beware and they better do their homework before making a major purpose?

Yes. If you have proof, start a new thread in smackdown.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
LL, how about making it mandatory for sellers to post pics of what the heck they are selling. I'm tired of the pm me your email to get pics crap.

Its almost like:
I have something to sell but you have to PM me or email me to find out what it is.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
LL, how about making it mandatory for sellers to post pics of what the heck they are selling. I'm tired of the pm me your email to get pics crap.

Its almost like:
I have something to sell but you have to PM me or email me to find out what it is.

I whole heatedly agree with this. A for sale thread should have at least the basic information about the car including the asking price and pictures.

oldmodman

Established Member
Pissed off that someone is asking a price that you feel is too high?

Really, really want to buy it yourself?

PM an offer to the seller.

It might just get accepted.

And I would be willing to part with my set of AFS chrome wheels. Only curbed a few times. And those bubbles in the Chrome will buff right out. Does not include the chrome extended length lug nuts or the SVT centers shown in ALLl the pictures.

01silverstang

Established Member
On my local forum there is a sticky in the classified section with a template that must be used or the ad is deleted.

The template makes sure all relevant information is posted, and pictures are required. If sellers don't want to get called out by frustrated buyers, then we need a uniform standard. Beyond that I like the enforcement as you don't want trolls mucking up your thread.

Is it ok to refute lies? i.e. Seller: I'm selling a limited edition 2007 Mach 1... Member: Actually no such Mustang existed for model year 2007.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
isnt the ability to laugh at a poster/call them out on blatantly overpriced shit the whole point of marketplaces on forums?

You can do what ECMlink did, was that in the market section, only the OP or mods had the ability to post replies.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
This was needed since long before now. I wish every site did this. And if you think the person is trying to scam, instead of blasting it in the thread, PM a MOD because then they might actually have a chance to catch a person doing something and can ban the account.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Its almost like:

I assure you all the mods agree with this, and we are working on it. Baby steps (or something like that).

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I agree with the pictures and descriptions of things you're selling in the marketplace... I don't know how many threads I opened when I was looking for a terminator back in the day where people were selling theirs and had no pictures and no real description of the vehicle or mods, and they were asking 20K+ for it.... Not to mention part threads I've opened since then. If one thing gets under my skin, it's people who can't properly describe something or do something simple like post a single picture of what they are selling.

If you are selling something, especially for a LOT of money, document it with pictures and details, otherwise people will turn their cheek and look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread