Going to an Agent 47 SLA

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know if this helps but I run an Agent 47 set-up in my mostly track, sometimes street car. The ride is acually better than my previous M/M set-up but it handles like you would not believe.

The kit is incredible, much cheaper than the comp and the follow up and customer service is top notch.

Here a link to some pictures, pm me for my number if you guys need more feedback on the Agent47 set-up.
http://www.putfile.com/irishlad/images/159280

WOW to that car :bowdown::bowdown: amazing setup!!

how does the car handle on the street?

what about an A47 rear setup? I talked to A47 about a year ago and they were working on their rear suspension that they run on the racecar... I hope they make the rear setup available to customers this winter...

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
That is an awesome car!!! A New Edge platform perfected for road work....sweet.

Are the rear flares custom or based on an off-the-self piece?

How well would the Agent47...or the Griggs SLA... hold up under regular street use? Seems like the Griggs K-member is beefer...no?

racer

Established Member

what about an A47 rear setup? I talked to A47 about a year ago and they were working on their rear suspension that they run on the racecar... I hope they make the rear setup available to customers this winter...

Thanks. It drives fine but it's street days are numbered. It's loud as hell and the race gas makes peoples eyes water at stop lights :burnout: 2nd thru 4th gears have no sycros so thats always fun. No clutch up-shifts on full boost is scary on the street.
It is cool to take it for a blast on the highway every now and then.

Cory and the guys will be working on the rear suspention for me after the holidays, I post some pic's as we go.

racer

Established Member
That is an awesome car!!! A New Edge platform perfected for road work....sweet.

Are the rear flares custom or based on an off-the-self piece?

How well would the Agent47...or the Griggs SLA... hold up under regular street use? Seems like the Griggs K-member is beefer...no?

I dont know about perfected.... the car is still heavy, we have c/f doors coming soon. The rear fenders were custom made.

I think either suspention would hold up fine but thats just a quess. They are very well made from what I've seen.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. It drives fine but it's street days are numbered. It's loud as hell and the race gas makes peoples eyes water at stop lights :burnout: 2nd thru 4th gears have no sycros so thats always fun. No clutch up-shifts on full boost is scary on the street.
It is cool to take it for a blast on the highway every now and then.

Cory and the guys will be working on the rear suspention for me after the holidays, I post some pic's as we go.

definitely keep me updated on the rear suspension :rockon::rockon: I would love to swap out my current setup for a complete Agent 47 suspension!!

racebronco2

Established Member

Corey (driver and owner of agent 47) told me they are working on the rear suspension kits, one for the street and one for racecars. The one on the racecar is a third link over the rearend, the connection to the body is in front of the rearend and between the tranny and rearend.

racebronco2

Established Member
That's all and good and a nice view of the suspension in action but I like to see the car performing on track with other cars. Preferrably creaming some Corvettes!?!? ;-):poke::p

Larry:

No shop is complete without a cleaning lady!? :-D

I will post some videos since there are supossed to be about 5 vettes there.

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
You've gotta let me know how this kit rides Carlos! I've been interested in doing an SLA on my car, but am trying to weigh the cost/benefits to doing that vs. just doing coilovers. Also, I drive the car quite a bit so if it's going to hurt the everyday drivability of it, I'll just do coilovers.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Corey (driver and owner of agent 47) told me they are working on the rear suspension kits, one for the street and one for racecars. The one on the racecar is a third link over the rearend, the connection to the body is in front of the rearend and between the tranny and rearend.

do you know what the difference between the street and the race version is? are there any pics anywhere of their current racecar?

racebronco2

Established Member
In the agent 47 car the third link(?) mounts to the top of the dif and inside the car above the tranny tunnel, the street version will not inpede into the car since most people who are going to buy these are street cars with interiors still intact. They are still developing it so the design may change.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
In the agent 47 car the third link(?) mounts to the top of the dif and inside the car above the tranny tunnel, the street version will not inpede into the car since most people who are going to buy these are street cars with interiors still intact. They are still developing it so the design may change.

Something like the Evo Tri-link? That's what I was hoping to move to someday, but this sounds good too.

I'm finally getting around to putting a bump steer kit on, wish I could go for your MM stuff. I can only dream right now.

MTNMAN

Established Member
Would like to hear more about it.

I looked around to see if I had any pictures of the car we worked on. I couldn't find any images of the front SLA system.
That was in 2002 so its been a year or two. Bill Mitchell operated a company called SVD(Special Vehicle Development). To the best of my knowledge they were credited with the first SN95 Mustang win in Speed World Challenge.
A number of years ago the only SLA for a Mustang you could buy was the SVD or Barts Works. The SVD SLA system was similiar in design to the Agent 47. It used Koni 3012 shocks. For the most part the upper and lowers looked like off the shelf stock car parts. We had to order a set of uppers from him due to cracks in the set on the car. He told me they were not stock car parts and he fabricated them. They used Moog K772 upper ball joints and K8661 lower ball joints. I have run into other cars with the SVD SLA at well, but not many.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Oh did any one mention the JME SLA?

Did anyone teach you how to resize pics?

It hasnt been mentioned probably because its not cost effective or realistic, and I dont think they make one for our year cars yet.

MTNMAN

Established Member
I don't think JME has any systems ready for sale right now. I think they are still working the details out. It is rather spendy, but on par price wise with the Griggs SLA with the billet spindles and 3012 shocks. I would agree your average O/T guy is not going to spend that much whip on either system. Only the top running guys in AI. Its way out of my price range

racebronco2

Established Member
I talked to the guys from jme (at the last nasa event at buttonwillow)and they told me that they have kits for 79-04 (and of course their 70's sema car) but like mtnmn stated the price hasn't been determined yet but will be about the same cost as the griggs set-up. On jme's race car they do run the aluminum a-arms with a tubular steel k-member and have been of track before with no damage to their sla. The sla looks more like a show car peice then an open track sla. The sla looks so much better in person.

racebronco2

Established Member
Picked the car up today. Had to drive 4 1/2 hours in the rain to get back home. The weight savings over the set-up i had previously is 22 lbs less. The stock suspension was 42 heavier then the set-up i had. So if you go from a stock set-up to an agent 47 sla you will lose 64lbs. Don't have any impressions on how it handles cause it been raining all day. Going to the track tomorrow to evaluate the sla.

Users who are viewing this thread