Going to an Agent 47 SLA

racebronco2

Established Member
Looks like i am getting an sla for my birthday (wife asked me what i wanted) so i had to tell the truth. I have talked to a few guys and they seem to luv it. It is really new so there are not too many out there yet. Cost is 2995.00 which is a chunk of change but if i sell my set-up it would be as painful when i tell her how much.

It conssits of cost
MMR k-member looks like MM with two sets or a-arm attachment points 349
MMR tubular a-arms 3/4 forward with poly bushing, also looks like MM 219
MM coil-overs with 400lb springs 369
MM cc plates 199
MM aluminum rack bushings
Steeda bump steer kit 134
Steeda x2 ball joints 129
Koni da shocks 600
Spindles and caliper
Would like to get 1400 paid over 2000

With kumho mx's 275/40/17 i was able to pull .98 on a skid pad with very little tire squeal on a cold track. Several members here has ridden in my car to attest on how it handles. Would prefer local pickup. I will be at california speedway this Saturday 10-27-07 if you would like a ride.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I've thought about doing the same thing. Sell off the front MM suspension parts to make the Agent47 SLA more affordable. That just opens a whole 'nother can of worms, wider front fenders ala Tiger Racing, 10" rims w/ 315s all around. <Expensive!!!

One thing at a time though, back on track in '08, suspension/rims in '09.

Keep us posted with how it turns out!! Sounds like a helluva BDay present.

racebronco2

Established Member
Short, long a-arn suspension. As the suspension compresses you gain camber therefor alot more grip in the front.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Wow that sounds impressive! I'd be interested to see pics of that setup. I'll have to get another ride in the cobra at the track.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I've thought about doing the same thing. Sell off the front MM suspension parts to make the Agent47 SLA more affordable. That just opens a whole 'nother can of worms, wider front fenders ala Tiger Racing, 10" rims w/ 315s all around. <Expensive!!!

One thing at a time though, back on track in '08, suspension/rims in '09.

Keep us posted with how it turns out!! Sounds like a helluva BDay present.

If you run the stock size rims you don't need wider front fenders. If you get 10.5" rims with about 8" backspacing the tires will be under the fenders which will improve your srcub radius.

I have track times from several tracks around here with the kuhmo mx's and the victor racers for a true comparision.

Last edited:

Admiral

Established Member
Have you looked at the Griggs SLA? I'm not sure how they compare price-wise but I've raced several fast guys in American Iron who had the Griggs SLA on the front, one was a Fox body, the other an SN95. I don't recall either of them having to get new fenders but I could be wrong.

racebronco2

Established Member
Have you looked at the Griggs SLA? I'm not sure how they compare price-wise but I've raced several fast guys in American Iron who had the Griggs SLA on the front, one was a Fox body, the other an SN95. I don't recall either of them having to get new fenders but I could be wrong.

The agent 47 sla is similar but less then half the cost. The agent47 uses a modified spindle and stock swaybar. If you look at the aix/ai video the first place car (ernesto rocco uses the griggs set-up) and the third place car (correy weber uses the agent 47 set-up) both cars were faster in the turns then the car driven by chris griswold (mm set-up). I was told by an aix racer that griggs and agent 47 are about equal but agent 47 is more bang fr the buck.

racebronco2

Established Member
I don't do any racing but I do instruct for several track events. Most of track friends i hang around with are vette guys. My car is about as good as it gets for my driving ability and the set-up i have.

racebronco2

Established Member
I compared both kits, what i can see is missing from the $5,192.00 grigs kit is the da shocks (griggs 700.00 more) and the stock spindle modification (griggs 500.00 more) for a total of $6292.00. Other then that they look to be the same.

Admiral

Established Member
I compared both kits, what i can see is missing from the $5,192.00 grigs kit is the da shocks (griggs 700.00 more) and the stock spindle modification (griggs 500.00 more) for a total of $6292.00. Other then that they look to be the same.

Half-price is good. Let us know how you liked it and any install fun you run into. For those of us who like the twisties, $3K to get the SLA front end is hard to pass up IMHO.

BlackStripes

Established Member
I didnt know about the DA shocks, but checking the pics from Agent47, you can see clearly that they are adjustable. I can't info on the spindle, i believe Agent47 uses a 94-95 spindle, right?

racebronco2

Established Member
Not sure what what year spindle they use but they did tell me that they modify the lower ball joint location. As soon as they get back from sema i need to make an appointment. I want it done before our event in december at the streets of willow.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, it is killing me to hold off on buying your entire front end setup. You have pretty much everything I want down to the bushings. I have to hold back though because I might be selling my car soon.

Agent 47 parts look awesome, good luck with this conversion. Hopefully it drastically improves the handling for the price.

MTNMAN

Established Member
You can get the Griggs SLA for less if you use the 30 Series Koni's and a SN95 spindle.
They offer spindle adapters also. Its just that Griggs wants to sell you the Koni Alum threaded body shocks and their billet spindles. Thats what brings the price up so much.
Agent47 uses AFCO shocks I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread