Going full exhaust, down to 2 kits. Kooks or JPC

BlackMamba3

Established Member
i havent seen the gains in the LT's vs stock for me to drop that much cash. seems 15-20 rwhp is all they are netting. not worth the $1k price tag to me, 20 hp is only a pulley away!!!:banana:

It's honestly personal choice. The stock headers are pretty good for being stock. Shorties are a cheaper option and help a little. LT's aren't going to add 100rwhp so I'm fine with 25-40rwhp (ARH LT's advertise 32 without a tune). If you're looking at a pulley instead then get the ATI Super Damper.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
my favorites are the full MBRP and full stainless works setups. They sounds very different but both sound mean!

dynasty_365

Established Member
May be a dumb question but what's wrong with your hushpowers. Y can't u build a full exhaust around that or is that u just want something else?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WOW the SW sound great!!!! beef do your tail pipes stick out much with the full exhaust?

No. Not at all. You also have a little play there to set them up where you would like.

I love the SW stuff. Been running their stuff since 2006. Doc Meyer turned me on to them. Been a fan ever since.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's honestly personal choice. The stock headers are pretty good for being stock. Shorties are a cheaper option and help a little. LT's aren't going to add 100rwhp so I'm fine with 25-40rwhp (ARH LT's advertise 32 without a tune). If you're looking at a pulley instead then get the ATI Super Damper.

I havent seen a header add much more then 15hp... unless F/I was involved. But its funny i did see someone make 22hp on shorties :dw: hmmmm

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I gained 37/40 with AR LT's + catback on the stock tune. Didn't someone recently post a thread showing 6hp/9tq with shorties????

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

ViciousJay

Established Member
I gained 37/40 with AR LT's + catback on the stock tune. Didn't someone recently post a thread showing 6hp/9tq with shorties????

yea cuz you have a boss and the head work is different then the GT

I gained 1/10th in worse air. corrected to .15. That was when the car was still n/a

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...58-stainless-works-exhaust-track-results.html

on average i think most see about 25 or so rwhp.

So all you got was 1/10? after spending 1200 i would have hoped to see a drop of at least 3-5/10's but if it only 1/10 that is not worth it at all... thnaks for posting that up

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yea cuz you have a boss and the head work is different then the GT

So all you got was 1/10? after spending 1200 i would have hoped to see a drop of at least 3-5/10's but if it only 1/10 that is not worth it at all... thnaks for posting that up

I gained a tenth in worse air n/a. corrected .15.

With the supercharger i have to think they are worth more than that. The sound effect is very nice as well too.

Again, with an n/a car. every little bit helps

Teej281

Established Member
What people always seem to forget is that exhaust isn't always about power. It's also about sound. Which is why borla tends to rape people on their exhausts. I mean people pay the price tag because they want the sound. Longtubes have a very distinct scream to them and some people really desire that scream. In the land that I hail from with 2v mustang gt's, full exhaust nets us 15rwhp with longtubes, o/r midpipe, and catback of choice. Maybe 20rwhp if we're lucky. But everyone wants a nice sounding car. And the performance isn't a bad bonus. But if full exhaust is getting a crummy little 2v 4.6 20rwhp, I'd bet there is more on the table with a high compression, better flowing headed, high hp car.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What people always seem to forget is that exhaust isn't always about power. It's also about sound. Which is why borla tends to rape people on their exhausts. I mean people pay the price tag because they want the sound. Longtubes have a very distinct scream to them and some people really desire that scream. In the land that I hail from with 2v mustang gt's, full exhaust nets us 15rwhp with longtubes, o/r midpipe, and catback of choice. Maybe 20rwhp if we're lucky. But everyone wants a nice sounding car. And the performance isn't a bad bonus. But if full exhaust is getting a crummy little 2v 4.6 20rwhp, I'd bet there is more on the table with a high compression, better flowing headed, high hp car.

could not agree more!

Teej281

Established Member
Plus you have to retune for the full exhaust. And for what it's worth, needing a retune after exhaust is a big deal as its making that much of a difference in the a/f ratio that it needs addressed. And then when you do the tune after the install of the exhaust, you'll gain that much more power. So to say full exhaust only nets 15rwhp is quite unbelievable to me, especially on these cars.

And what's more important here also is what longtubes do to the area under the curve. I would venture to say that you gain lots of midrange with the longtubes. From what I've seen in mod motor cars, I'd bet that this would hold true here too.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Can't go wrong with Kooks.

Love mine, i ordered my catback when there was one short 40 second video on the net without hesitation. I had previous stuff from them and have never been disappointed with quality and welds as well as sound. Maybe ill snap some pics now that ive got a little over 12K miles on the setup for those concerned with longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread