Going full exhaust, down to 2 kits. Kooks or JPC

Teej281

Established Member
They are black painted aluminized steel. Not what I'd be putting on my brand new $30k car. Plus the hush powers are pretty quiet in comparison to the options listed from what I've read.

dynasty_365

Established Member
U checked out there new flowmaster outlaws. Sound loud and deep. Had the flowmaster 40's ony 04 gt and they sounded great. But u can't go wrong with the kooks or stainless works. Both r in my list of possibilities of exhaust I thought the huspowers were quiet and raspy fom the YouTube videos. Guy on here named quickstang5.0 had them with an offroad x and they sound good ad pretty loud. Heard them next to some gt500 exhaust and I wasn't impressed by the gt500 at all. Guy on YouTube does a comparison of the outlaws and roush exhaust back to bac and the outlaws definately r louder than the roush and I know most people say the roush combod with an offroad x is very loud so I was suprised by the new flowmasters. I really wish I could hear all the exhaust in person

Last edited:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Check out the outlaws man. They r dailey new. A lot of people r starting to pick those up. One of the top sellers on Americanmuscle.com. Only a few YouTube vids of them

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I have been happy with my FM Hushpower axlebacks, but now, I think I will be doing a full exhaust as my next mod. After searching the forums, and listening to the many sound files on YouTube, I think I have narrowed my search to 2 systems. Below are the 2 full kits, Kooks and JPC's custom exhaust. What do you guys/gals think about either of these kits? If you have any of these kits, let me know how you like them..

Thanks

Kooks
2011 Mustang GT with headers - YouTube

2011 Mustang GT with headers - YouTube

JPC
JPC Racing 2011 Mustang 5.0 Long Tube Headers, X-pipe and Cat Back Exhaust - YouTube
2011 Mustang GT Stock Versus JPC Exhaust Sound Comparison - YouTube

Kooks without any question in my mind. I've had nearly 15 different exhaust setups on various cars/trucks...etc. Kooks quality is unmatched. :rockon:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I think the JPC sounds the meanest and the SW sounds the most exotic. I would be happy with either one, but would probably go SW if it were me.

Mike

p.s. Longtubes are a real PITA to install on these. Keep that in mind.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I think the JPC sounds the meanest and the SW sounds the most exotic. I would be happy with either one, but would probably go SW if it were me.

Mike

p.s. Longtubes are a real PITA to install on these. Keep that in mind.

yea im going to get to enjoy that this weekend.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
American Racing has a full kit headers and back? Didn't know that.

Yep. Member posted this not to long ago

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ekI-SKt6ck&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]american_racing.mpg - YouTube[/nomedia]

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
so far so good, ran into a couple of minor snags but ive got the LTs on for now. pass side is tight, still gotta tighten the drivers side and put the motor mounts back on, and drop the motor down. the only part that was real a PITA was the pass side front header nut.

Users who are viewing this thread