Going full exhaust, down to 2 kits. Kooks or JPC

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I was between kooks and borla when looking at exhaust. I went with borla catback and have recently installed cat delete pipes. Sounds so mean and awesome. I say you can't go wrong with either. I've heard SW axlebacks are restrictive but a lot of people get offended when I say that so take it as you want. They have some great long tubes but I'm happy with what I have. I've also heard gt500 axle backs with o/r x and I was not impressed at all. My borla setup is a lot deeper and better sounding imho.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Is the install is easier when dropping the motor down rather than raising it up?

im doing my install in my garage at home on jackstands and so far its not as bad as people have made it out to be. the only access to a lift i would have would be at the auto hobby shop on base and they are pretty picky about who the let use the lift let alone someone on it for several hours! lol

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
im doing my install in my garage at home on jackstands and so far its not as bad as people have made it out to be. the only access to a lift i would have would be at the auto hobby shop on base and they are pretty picky about who the let use the lift let alone someone on it for several hours! lol

Sounds like you have a handle on it. Did you have to remove the steering shaft from the steering gear box to do the install?

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Sounds like you have a handle on it. Did you have to remove the steering shaft from the steering gear box to do the install?
pulled the steering shaft. im going to leave the header a little loose that way i got some room to play with it in case there isnt enough clearance. the one thing ive noticed is that its considerably easier to tighten the LTs then take the damn stockers off!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
pulled the steering shaft. im going to leave the header a little loose that way i got some room to play with it in case there isnt enough clearance. the one thing ive noticed is that its considerably easier to tighten the LTs then take the damn stockers off!
Did you get the horn issue fixed?

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Yeah I noticed how old the thread wastoo lol. So has everyone's opinion changed after the years?

truthfully I love my SW headers, but If I had to do it over again I would've gone with kooks. I had to pay to have my 02 sensors relocated and the locations that they came in initially made it a pain in the ass to get them dialed in tuning wise.

Users who are viewing this thread