Going E85

thgt500

Established Member
Tony = "The Bull" = That compound boosted car i've read so much about on here? If that was the car you must have been scootin!@

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Tony = "The Bull" = That compound boosted car i've read so much about on here? If that was the car you must have been scootin!@

The only race we could do to get his car hooked up was a 60 roll, so we did a 60-150 and I pulled away until my motor gave up the ghost. Tony was coming but the race was over....sadly so was my motor. Tony and I had been trying to get a race off for quite some time. I was tired of waiting and my impatience cost me a short block. The night was full of casualties but a win is a win.

RIP FRPP Short block! LOL!

Enjoy

SLVRSNK54 vs. THEBULL - YouTube

thgt500

Established Member
Car is running!!!

Relays in the boot.
IMG_20130128_092426_817_zpsc09ad4ac.jpg

Regulator all mounted up with lines attached.
IMG_20130128_093055_687_zps6b0230fd.jpg

Here you can see how we did the feed to the front of the rails. No crossover out back on the rails. Feed comes into regulator, out to a Y, then feeds the front of both raills. This was something everyone said wouldn't work, or we were going to have to grind on blower...etc etc etc...Don't get me wrong it was motha trucker to fit everything back in. I think it looks SICK but i'm biased. Return out the bottom of regulator.
IMG_20130128_093427_461_zps58a26ef9.jpg

Passenger side rail
IMG_20130128_093438_537_zps8c4c5405.jpg

Another shot of passenger side
IMG_20130128_093448_069_zpsa0e778ef.jpg

Front shot
IMG_20130128_093507_915_zpscc98c658.jpg

Tool Jack had to make to get drivers side rear bolt. The one everyone complains about.
IMG_20130129_094740_533_zps19b36277.jpg

Drivers side after 2.9 back installed.
IMG_20130129_101939_640_zps5c02c87a.jpg

Final shot after we put base tune on, fired her up, and all the leak checking etc etc etc. Now to start logging so Jon can dial in.
IMG_20130129_102018_019_zpsc2824c01.jpg

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
Are you running a Thumper tesioner as well as the upper Metco ? So you are datalogging instead of a remote tune? Looks really good man,can't wait to see results. :beer:

thgt500

Established Member
Yes, I got the thump tensioner. And Yes, Jon tweaking the tune off data logs. Remote tuning not offered at the shop i prefer here to do the wrenching, so we do it this way. Never had an issue and Jon has always done right by me, making the most power...best driveability, and pretty damn safe....IE...FAT...I do dyno the car at my shop of choice and log those runs and if something is up, i forward to Jon. With the new setup i honestly believe we'll end up on the far side of what the block/rods are gonna take so I am making my motor plans as i type this. I was pretty disgusted to see the 2K price hike on the MMR 5.8's but guess Ford is getting greedy. :dw: Guess i'll be going built 5.4 because 2K more for 30 to 35 hp is so not worth it.. IMHO.

KidMoney

Established Member
Yes, I got the thump tensioner. And Yes, Jon tweaking the tune off data logs. Remote tuning not offered at the shop i prefer here to do the wrenching, so we do it this way. Never had an issue and Jon has always done right by me, making the most power...best driveability, and pretty damn safe....IE...FAT...I do dyno the car at my shop of choice and log those runs and if something is up, i forward to Jon. With the new setup i honestly believe we'll end up on the far side of what the block/rods are gonna take so I am making my motor plans as i type this. I was pretty disgusted to see the 2K price hike on the MMR 5.8's but guess Ford is getting greedy. :dw: Guess i'll be going built 5.4 because 2K more for 30 to 35 hp is so not worth it.. IMHO.

Ya. I was upset to see that myself.

thgt500

Established Member
what does your tuner have to do to the tune for spray with e85? is it as simple as tuning it safe with the e85 then just throwing spray on top or is it a separate tune for no2?

I have always had a seperate tune for the spray however it is a wet kit. Jon did a MS109 tune for me recently that i utilized for spray, but that fuel was crap which is why i went to the corn.

Blackmax

Established Member

Yeah I saw that,whats up with that kind of price increase? I would find a builder and use the block you have. I would go JE pistons.

thgt500

Established Member
E85 Idle Logging

Not the greatest video but its what i had. Sounds beefy! :banana: LOL Car will be on Lethals Dyno Monday....:beer:

[youtube_browser]3ws6QDKtFaM[/youtube_browser]

thgt500

Established Member
Billet Filter Bracket

Here is a billet filter bracket Jack made for me. Really looks nice in person.

epg9qb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread