Going E85

thgt500

Established Member
Not to stomp on your thread but this rookie would like to know what advantages/disadvantages of E85 Vs Pump gas?

Well...The biggest one i can think of is driving around on race fuel, full time, for cheap money. E85 is 2.88 a gallon here. You get all the same benefits of race gas: can run more timing, more boost, cooler iats, etc. One of the REALLY big ones for me is availability. It is also avaialble at the pump in my home town.

thgt500

Established Member
More progress

Clutch done, Rails, injectors and blower on now, the hat and pumps in, relays and wiring is done.... just need to mount regulator and make some lines now. EGR is not being deleted just capped after sips.

2qzif.jpg

30ry7ug.jpg

Last edited:

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
That is awesome! Wish I had e-85 close to my house. Even my Lawn mower would be running on E-85 if I could.

Great to see that you are not wasting money with gasoline, URT, whatever it is not gonna compare to E85, E98 or methanol.
Just feed that thirsty baby A LOT of alky and you will be fine!

Blackmax

Established Member
Since before the URT Advanced shortage i have been considering going return and E85. I have now pulled the trigger, received all my parts and car is going under the knife next week. I kinda basterdized a system together because i wanted certain parts from certain vendors so here's what i got:

Fore rails
Super CobraJet TB
Bosch 105 Injectors
405LPH pumps
Lethal Hat
I got both a Aeromotive and a Div X regulator not sure which i'm going to use
Custom made feed -12an and -10an return lines
Aeromotive mesh filter

Car made 721 On URT no No2, Made 802 on URT and 75 shot of No2, hoping for 800+ on the corn and 850+ on the spray...I upload a few shots of the goodies in a bit..:banana:

Wow, you are going in a new direction. I'm sticking to the old plan and hope to achieve the 800+ horses you did with the spray. We don't even have the corn fuel here in Canada so will be sticking to 94 pump gas and race gas with the 75 shot. :beer:

Blackmax

Established Member
That is awesome! Wish I had e-85 close to my house. Even my Lawn mower would be running on E-85 if I could.

Great to see that you are not wasting money with gasoline, URT, whatever it is not gonna compare to E85, E98 or methanol.
Just feed that thirsty baby A LOT of alky and you will be fine!

Nice Viper!

thgt500

Established Member
Wow, you are going in a new direction. I'm sticking to the old plan and hope to achieve the 800+ horses you did with the spray. We don't even have the corn fuel here in Canada so will be sticking to 94 pump gas and race gas with the 75 shot. :beer:

Still going with a small shot of spray. Just different fuel now. the E85 has been expensive to get into.:whine: Almost done now. Added a couple items: 2.85 upper pulley and ditched my stock axle backs for some deletes. Should be Nascar loud now which will make my neighbors happy i'm sure.

thgt500

Established Member
Another animal in the Lethal Garage.

This beast is also getting ready to be fired up. Owners name is Albert and i think he is on here. I will let Lethal/Owner disclose specs but rest assured this thing will be a MONSTER.

This will be the route i go after this motor lets go.

pic hosting

another shot of his regulator/return setup...so clean.

host images

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Looking forward to the end result. I'm in the same boat, URT dried up and I just paid $100 for 5 gallons of c16. This build is def influencing me more and more to make the jump to the corn.

rdsnk46

Established Member
We made 872 rwhp and 900 rwtq on 80's stock pumps and 20v Compitition BAP in my 08 GT500 with a Ford Racing shortblock.

rdsnk46

Established Member
on gasoline correct?

Yes! There was no intank technology at the time I considered an E-85 swap for my 500. The Aeromotive 1000 was the most you could get at the time. They claimed 1000 Hp was the max on fuel, E-85 would be 30% more demand which wouldnt be enough.......

thgt500

Established Member
^^^ That was a FRPP iron block? The one with the Manley rods and Mahle pistons? How long did it last?

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
^^^ That was a FRPP iron block? The one with the Manley rods and Mahle pistons? How long did it last?

Long enough to beat the fastest 6 speed GT500 in the world on the street. LOL! I'm hard on shit and push it to the limit literally. At 850 wheel I would say it's safe with a driver mod. A novice driving, not long. I was at the edge with my stock motor and I pushed the FRPP motor to the edge...I'm a 1%'r

Users who are viewing this thread