GMS vs Stock COP experiment...

boost4me

Banned
so we dyno'ed my car tonight and confirmed all the spark blowout...

voltage was good north of 12 volts the entire time, everything else checked out, but it just breaks up big time at 5700 RPM to red line.

So we're thinking of trying the weapon X coils first and see if that helps, if not then we will have to do a boost a spark also.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I'm getting spark blowout with 20 psi, stock coil packs, and gapped at .024

Can I close the gap more?

You should try BR7EF with a .020" gap just because they are cheap. Depending on the fuel you're using you might be able to get away with running TR6s but I wouldn't be comfortable with that much boost and that hot a plug on pump gas.

boost4me

Banned
You should try BR7EF with a .020" gap just because they are cheap. Depending on the fuel you're using you might be able to get away with running TR6s but I wouldn't be comfortable with that much boost and that hot a plug on pump gas.

ok, I'm running E85 with pretty conservative timing in my car, so not concerned at all about detonation issues regardless of plug.

I want be able to get my plug gap back up around .032 or so to help make cold starts easier and stuffy take offs from idle.

MattACK

Established Member
Put in some BR7s and tighten the gap until blowout goes away. If you're charging system is in good working order, there is no reason stock coils can't support it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
ok, I'm running E85 with pretty conservative timing in my car, so not concerned at all about detonation issues regardless of plug.

I want be able to get my plug gap back up around .032 or so to help make cold starts easier and stuffy take offs from idle.

So when you were down to .020 plug gap it made cold starts more difficult too?

Users who are viewing this thread