Girlfriend ran a M3 in my 03 Cobra (VIDEO)

zeus201

Established Member
Great girl. Mine doesn't EVER want to drive the car and I've tried so many times. Once again, awesome girl sounds like a keeper.

5pointHo

Established Member
yeah bad news ... the video wont send because i dont have enough memory in my phone sooooo i just ordered a memory card for it and ill post it up asap. it might be a few days though :( sorry.

ogbatman

Established Member
So Saturday night on the way back from Irwindale Speedway (Drift Event was bad ass if anyone else went) a red M3 pulls up next to us in the middle lane as we are in the left lane and proceeds to pace us for a bit then gives a little speed burst to see if we wanted to play...well me not driving because I was a little tipsy, made it a great chance for my girlfriend to finally race with me in the car...Well the M3 slows back down and there is a huge gap between him and the cars in front of us so I told her to speed up a bit and get next to him. He slows down to about 60mph and down shifts, at this time Im trying to get my girlfriends phone out as fast as I can so I can get a video of it, we are next to the guy for a couple seconds as I told her to wait till we got around a bend and then told her to put it in 3rd and as soon as he hits it to floor it...Well like the good girl she is, right when the dude floors it she nailed it and pulled a good 2 cars in 3rd, shifts into 4th and pulls another 2 - 3 up to about 130mph...I was really proud of her because this is the first time Iv ever seen her race...Shes learning, slowly, but surely...:pepper::banana::pepper::banana:

The video will be up tonight because the cord to attach it to her laptop is at home

Wait a min that was u?...OH SNAP!!

I saw that race I was about 2 cars behind.

I told myself that M3 is about to get his feelings hurt....:-D

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Wait a min that was u?...OH SNAP!!

I saw that race I was about 2 cars behind.

I told myself that M3 is about to get his feelings hurt....:-D

Thats pretty damn funny, you shoulda came up next to us too :beer:

RedfireVNM

Established Member
Alright guys I go the video up, its not very good quality...but you get the idea

Just look how fast his headlights drop back...and yes, he floors it first and that when you hear me tell her to floor it...

th_smokinanm3.jpg

Common

Established Member
Ya i know...and so does he now LOL

Just make sure you teach here NOT to dump in third while going 70mph, try to match the revs so the car doesn't lock up the tires, spin out and leave you crying after your girl and your cobra.

RedfireVNM

Established Member
Just make sure you teach here NOT to dump in third while going 70mph, try to match the revs so the car doesn't lock up the tires, spin out and leave you crying after your girl and your cobra.

Oh she knows...shes actually already raced a couple cars in mine and she shifts quite well...:burnout::burnout:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I wouldnt let any girls i know drive a 500 doller shit box of mine let alone a stang.

nice run though.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Sounds like fun. I let my old lady drive the slowbra home from PF-Chang's one night (rare event) and we ran into an M3. She half-throttled to victory.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Not discrediting the OP or his girlfriend, but M3's, even if it was the newer E46, only put 333 to the crank. I believe they run mid-13's in the 1/4. Not really built for straight line speed. Good kill nonetheless. Props.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Not discrediting the OP or his girlfriend, but M3's, even if it was the newer E46, only put 333 to the crank. I believe they run mid-13's in the 1/4. Not really built for straight line speed. Good kill nonetheless. Props.

That's what i was about to say that too. Even my lowly slushbox GT beats them easily off the line. That was a pretty bad beating if that m3 didn't let off as soon as he saw how badly the cobra pulled ahead.

Props to your GF though. Any girl racing competently is :thumbsup: in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread