Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

afro

Why?
Established Member
So everyone who bought an axle back exhaust is a ricer then I guess.

You sir, can't read. If you quote something you should at least read it first.

:read::read::read:

I was talking about this thread w/a friend today and he brought up an interesting point. It's possible some of you guys were ricers in a previous car-life and moved to a GT and are only continuing this ricer life-style. If that's the case, then I can't blame you.

-fro

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
wtf?!?!?

Do you not understand how VVT works? It's clear all the tune is doing is switching to the aggressive cam profile at idle. OF COURSE Ford uses the smaller cam profile at idle and through the lower RPM ranges, that's what VVT is all about.

i understand fully how it works... and they didnt use a small cam profile in these cars... vvt is run off of each cam tuned differnetly

R1CH_P

Established Member

I was talking about this thread w/a friend today and he brought up an interesting point. It's possible some of you guys were ricers in a previous car-life and moved to a GT and are only continuing this ricer life-style. If that's the case, then I can't blame you.

-fro

Or... maybe you just have no clue what you're talking about, cuz if you did, you'd know that adding an axle back to these GTs does nothing for power.

Graboid

Established Member
Or... maybe you just have no clue what you're talking about, cuz if you did, you'd know that adding an axle back to these GTs does nothing for power.

I think he may have installed an axle back before. Now you will have started a new argument over how an axle back adds 20hp :rolling:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

-fro

You are mistaken. I can read, but apparently your ignorant of what an axleback exhaust gets you power wise. In case you didn't already know, I'll educate you. The answer is nothing. You get no power gain from it at all. Hence my comment.

Try doing a little reading yourself next time before you accuse someone else of not doing the same.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
holy shit this is starting to turn into LS1tech.com or something. everyone thinks the know everything and everyone knows all the secrets from ford.... glad i dont believe 1/2 the shit that goes on here lol.

look here is the bottom line. you cant get a cammed tune yet but im sure it will be back out. I have the cammed tune and dont have any issues so guess il just enjoy it, sit back and watch everyone cry over this issue. lol

NOW EVERYONE GO OUTSIDE AND WASH YOUR CAR AND JUST FREAKING ENJOY IT!!!!!!!! maybe go beat up a few camaros while your at it.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
in 30k miles when my warranty is up, the big cams go in, and a lopey idle update hopefully.

texaswrx

Established Member
You are mistaken. I can read, but apparently your ignorant of what an axleback exhaust gets you power wise. In case you didn't already know, I'll educate you. The answer is nothing. You get no power gain from it at all. Hence my comment.

Try doing a little reading yourself next time before you accuse someone else of not doing the same.

While you are correct in regards to power gains, zero, I did drop 26 pounds off the rear by going with a GT500 axle back.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
While you are correct in regards to power gains, zero, I did drop 26 pounds off the rear by going with a GT500 axle back.

Wow that means the GT500 mufflers only weigh 7 pounds a piece?

The stock mufflers when I removed them from my car weighed 20 pounds each (40 pounds total). I replaced them with the Flowmaster 'Hushpower's ' which are a smaller muffler and they weighed 10 pounds each (20 pounds total).

I could be wrong, but I don't see the GT500 muflers being that light!!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

I find that really hard to believe. I have a GT500 AB also, and those mufflers are nowhere near that light. I agree they are a weight savings, but 26lbs?

Wow that means the GT500 mufflers only weigh 7 pounds a piece?

The stock mufflers when I removed them from my car weighed 20 pounds each (40 pounds total). I replaced them with the Flowmaster 'Hushpower's ' which are a smaller muffler and they weighed 10 pounds each (20 pounds total).

I could be wrong, but I don't see the GT500 muflers being that light!!

They aren't. They are lighter than stock, but I'm pretty sure they aren't 7lbs each. I would have guessed 15lbs or so, but I didn't weigh them.

Edit: Just checked my shipping info for them...it was listed at 40lb's for the pair. No way they came in at 7lbs each, maybe 17each.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned

exaggeration at its finest. I know my muffler deletes maybe are that close in weight, but thats just pipe and tips no mufflers.

texaswrx

Established Member
exaggeration at its finest. I know my muffler deletes maybe are that close in weight, but thats just pipe and tips no mufflers.

I made a mistake on the math. Shoot me. I was at work, early, with multiple screens open. It was not 26 pounds. Perhaps 10 is close.

Oh, and if I wanted to make shit up, I can think of other items far before the ****ing weight difference. You sir are a prick. No exaggeration needed.

I'm sorry your still butt hurt that you bought your car all because of the cam tune---to quote you, and your example of exaggeration-
"So can we still get the lopey idle tune from lethal jon? I bought the dam car because of this."

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I made a mistake on the math. Shoot me. I was at work, early, with multiple screens open. It was not 26 pounds. Perhaps 10 is close.

Oh, and if I wanted to make shit up, I can think of other items far before the ****ing weight difference. You sir are a prick. No exaggeration needed.

I'm sorry your still butt hurt that you bought your car all because of the cam tune---to quote you, and your example of exaggeration-
"So can we still get the lopey idle tune from lethal jon? I bought the dam car because of this."

ouch

351inside

Established Member
i think its a 16 lb savings from stock... each muffler is 8 lbs lighter from the sources ive read...

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
threadjacked.gif

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

Dont worry about it, Texaswrx is from Pearland, TX most people ive met from there are all like this. God forbid you pronounce the name of the city incorrectly, people shit bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread