• MDX

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • FJ Cruiser

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
The X5M is in another league compared to the other models. Plus you're opening a whole 'nother can of worms when it comes to maintenance. I've driven one a few times, and don't get me wrong, they are a beast. I'd probably pick it over the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. If you want some sensible I'd either get the MDX or the X5 3.6D as said above. PLENTY of power. Good MPG and those diesels will run forever.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Why does she care about mpg if money is not a driving factor?

Is she a rich environmentalist?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
The X5M is in another league compared to the other models. Plus you're opening a whole 'nother can of worms when it comes to maintenance. I've driven one a few times, and don't get me wrong, they are a beast. I'd probably pick it over the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. If you want some sensible I'd either get the MDX or the X5 3.6D as said above. PLENTY of power. Good MPG and those diesels will run forever.
I love the Cayenne Turbo. That is going to be my next vehicle. I have wanted one for myself. I just need to pull the trigger, once my M3 hits 100k, I will get one.
Why does she care about mpg if money is not a driving factor?

Is she a rich environmentalist?
No really, she has a great job, she spent most of her 20s living meekly, and she just still has that mind sight. We are going to Dallas this weekend to check out the X5 and X5m.
All I know is, I hope she is paying for it with her own money, if so just let her get what ever she wants.

She will be.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Range Rover Evoque

Range_Rover_Evoque_4_Door_by_Car_Mad_Mike.png
:xpl: Saw it in person one time at a gas station, black on black. Looks a bigger uglier version of the Ford Explorer aka an oversized stretched out Taurus and not in a good way.
diesel FTW! if she isnt worried about top end performance why suffer in gas mileage?

i vote x5 3.5D
This! Gives you great MPG, tq, power, and all the luxury gadgets.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
:xpl: Saw it in person one time at a gas station, black on black. Looks a bigger uglier version of the Ford Explorer aka an oversized stretched out Taurus and not in a good way.

This! Gives you great MPG, tq, power, and all the luxury gadgets.

Her problem is doubt she is going to go for a diesel since they stink when idling.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I can't believe she didn't like the Explorer. Got my wife a loaded '13 Explorer Limited a few months back and she absolutely loves it. It rides and drives excellent, and has a ton of features for the price compared to BMW, etc.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Her problem is doubt she is going to go for a diesel since they stink when idling.

I don't think a X5 diesel will smell like a peterbilt, I mean sure it runs on the same fuel and all but... The germans love making clean efficient diesels. IIRC the bluetec mercedes benz engine beat the prius in enviromental impact, it was on top gear a while ago.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
depends on the diesel. My GF has a TT diesel VW beetle that she drives. I have never noticed a stink when it idles.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I can't believe she didn't like the Explorer. Got my wife a loaded '13 Explorer Limited a few months back and she absolutely loves it. It rides and drives excellent, and has a ton of features for the price compared to BMW, etc.

I am all about ford I liked them, but ultimately it is her call. She just didn't care for them. I was trying to talk her into a flex, but she said it looked to much like a car.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
depends on the diesel. My GF has a TT diesel VW beetle that she drives. I have never noticed a stink when it idles.

MY great uncle bought a 00 Diesel VW Bug, I know it went forever, but I don;t recall ever seeing it run. The VW Diesel is one of the best, the problem, is she isn't really into them. I know how good they are.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I don't think a X5 diesel will smell like a peterbilt, I mean sure it runs on the same fuel and all but... The germans love making clean efficient diesels. IIRC the bluetec mercedes benz engine beat the prius in enviromental impact, it was on top gear a while ago.

I never got into top gear. I think a guy up the street from me, that I went to school with has a TDI Jetta.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
My sister has an 11' Audi A3 TDI. The average person has no idea it's a diesel, I like going to the fuel pumps and filling up next to the big rigs and watching them say wtf to themselves when I start pumping diesel into it. One guy told me, "hey you know these are for diesels not gas right?". He was surprised when I told him it was a diesel car.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
My sister has an 11' Audi A3 TDI. The average person has no idea it's a diesel, I like going to the fuel pumps and filling up next to the big rigs and watching them say wtf to themselves when I start pumping diesel into it. One guy told me, "hey you know these are for diesels not gas right?". He was surprised when I told him it was a diesel car.

Ok they have one at BMW Dallas. we are going to test all three models.

61mmstang94

Established Member
End thread. Nice SUV, not too big, big enough and they're great looking compared to other SUVs in its class. Though I prefer their bigger SUVs over this smaller one but you'll pay a big difference between the differnt mercedes models.

2013-mercedes-benz-glk350-glk250-bluetec-news-car-and-driver-photo-448344-s-429x262.jpg

Mercedes-GLK350.jpg

Last edited:

jip

Established Member
I know her in about a year Ill be driving it on the weekends, so I want something that suits my tastes to, since Ill be paying on it, just need to keep her happy. Gas doesn't scare me, its part of life, she is just used to wanting something that gets good mpg. She is that type. We have several west coast trips planned. I want something with power. Especially when I get up around Seattle.

All I know is, I hope she is paying for it with her own money, if so just let her get what ever she wants.

I love the Cayenne Turbo. That is going to be my next vehicle. I have wanted one for myself. I just need to pull the trigger, once my M3 hits 100k, I will get one.

No really, she has a great job, she spent most of her 20s living meekly, and she just still has that mind sight. We are going to Dallas this weekend to check out the X5 and X5m.

She will be.

:read:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
End thread. Nice SUV, not too big, big enough and they're great looking compared to other SUVs in its class. Though I prefer their bigger SUVs over this smaller one but you'll pay a big difference between the differnt mercedes models.

2013-mercedes-benz-glk350-glk250-bluetec-news-car-and-driver-photo-448344-s-429x262.jpg

Mercedes-GLK350.jpg

That's fugly

douchebaggery brought to you by tapatwat

00BlackGT

Established Member

That happened all the time with my diesel liberty LOL

Users who are viewing this thread