• MDX

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • FJ Cruiser

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I want her to get a Explorer or Edge, but she just doesn't really care much for the way they ride and drive. Anyways, we have been looking. What she is set on: infiniti FX35, a bmw x5 or x5M, a MDX, or a FJ Cruiser. My question is, I know all about the MDX, my neighbors own one, and My SIL's dad works at a Acura dealership. What do you all think about any of these? It needs to be able to hit 28 mpg at least. The FJ is in question there. Any reviews you all have would be nice. She is dead set on these vehicles, trust me I have shown her everything. Thanks.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
The X5 is nice, I was looking at the M though. I like its styling and performance. I know she doesn't give a crap about it, but she drives my M every Friday, and she loves its power.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Good luck hitting 28mpg in an X5M :lol:

Also the price difference between an X5M and an FJ is quite large, not sure if that is a factor.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Good luck hitting 28mpg in an X5M :lol:

Also the price difference between an X5M and an FJ is quite large, not sure if that is a factor.

No, it is not. I just think the FJ is ugly, but she likes them. Ill just tell her it gets 26 and she can easily hit 28 if she takes it easy on it lol.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
LOL, I have spent many a 200+ mile highway trip in an X5M. They will be lucky to get 22mpg highway, regardless of what the posted mileage is. As soon as they hit boost it drops like a log. City driving it will be lucky to get 15.

jbs$

Established Member
Take her to various dealers and let her pick one, what we think doesn't make a rat's fanny.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
LOL, I have spent many a 200+ mile highway trip in an X5M. They will be lucky to get 22mpg highway, regardless of what the posted mileage is. As soon as they hit boost it drops like a log. City driving it will be lucky to get 15.

She does most of her driving on the freeway. She has a 09 Vue now, and is getting 30 easily in it. Its a 26 mpg suv. She is the only chick that does not scare the shit of me when she drives. She had a 03 Ion she bought new. She ran it up to 180k, 2 sets of tires, and two sets of brakes. She is a really good driver unlike my x wife who drove like everything like she was racing.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
She does most of her driving on the freeway. She has a 09 Vue now, and is getting 30 easily in it. Its a 26 mpg suv. She is the only chick that does not scare the shit of me when she drives. She had a 03 Ion she bought new. She ran it up to 180k, 2 sets of tires, and two sets of brakes. She is a really good driver unlike my x wife who drove like everything like she was racing.

touche, I obviously can't speak for her driving habits. :beer:

I vote MDX or X5 but only if it's a diesel. Diesel X5's are AWESOME! :rockon:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Take her to various dealers and let her pick one, what we think doesn't make a rat's fanny.

She takes my advice for the most part. We drove the Fords and although she agrees with me on cars, She wants something nicer then a Ford. I can't blame her. She works hard, I just don't want a POS. I know my neighbors have had issues with there MDX. The first year it was towed off 3 times, but since then, its been a good suv. I just don't know about the rest of them.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
touche, I obviously can't speak for her driving habits. :beer:

I vote MDX or X5 but only if it's a diesel. Diesel X5's are AWESOME! :rockon:

Hmmm Diesel might be an option. Now convincing her diesel is for her will be a different story lol.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
What about the 13' Cherokee diesel? They're supposed to have an 8 speed transmission mated to it as well.

I have begged for her to get a SRT8 Jeep, and just about everything you can imagine. She is dead set on these choices.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Gotcha, it's hard to change a woman's mind. My gf ended up with a BMW 3 series when we were in the market, no changing her mind. I voted x5m, love the looks of them and 550hp I'm sure would do the job.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I test drove an FJ and i just want to point out that it has massive blind spots. Every time i changed lanes i kept having to triple check to make sure i wasn't running over some guy in a smart car.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Gotcha, it's hard to change a woman's mind. My gf ended up with a BMW 3 series when we were in the market, no changing her mind. I voted x5m, love the looks of them and 550hp I'm sure would do the job.

I know her in about a year Ill be driving it on the weekends, so I want something that suits my tastes to, since Ill be paying on it, just need to keep her happy. Gas doesn't scare me, its part of life, she is just used to wanting something that gets good mpg. She is that type. We have several west coast trips planned. I want something with power. Especially when I get up around Seattle.

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I test drove an FJ and i just want to point out that it has massive blind spots. Every time i changed lanes i kept having to triple check to make sure i wasn't running over some guy in a smart car.

They look terribly hard to drive. I know toyota is a good company, I am just not sure on that one...

1996slowbra

Established Member
They look terribly hard to drive. I know toyota is a good company, I am just not sure on that one...

Yea it was much harder than the average car to judge turning radius, blind spots, and just how close you were to somebody.

One plus though, you can get them in a 6spd. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread