Getting New Fire Truck at Work!!!!!!!!!!

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
That truck is awesome we have got 5 new ones like that in the last year,wait til you drive it they haul @ss and have lots of room to get suited up in.I don't know about you but fire trucks fascanate me to no end i was in st thomas on my honeymoon and just had to stop and check out their fd.lol

cobra456

Established Member
We have a Pierce heavy rescue and 4 Pierce engines where I am. Never really had any major problems with them. Worth their weight in gold. We have a late model ALF mid mount 75 ft ladder tower that is the biggest POS ever made. To think we gave up a Mack tower ladder we refurb'd from NYC when we bought the ALF.

FYI I was on the first due stump jumper for the 60 acre brush fire in Deer Park. Called in 43 mutual aid dept's to help. We rode a 5 ton GI with diesel pump and 600 gals of water but it caught fire from an blown oil line halfway through the fire. we just got it back in service.

I know the district is specing a new engine now. Probably another Pierce.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I build firetrucks for a living and have been doing it for about 5 years now. I've built trucks for Palm Bay also Robb327. We also have a contract w/ Palm Beach which is a major money spending department. We just got through building some Smeal chassis' for that company also. Some of our firsts are CAPS (Complete Airbag Protection), IFS (Independant Front Suspension), 4x4 IFS, strong arm (bad@ss truck) and ladders through the tank design among other innovations. I also built a dual engine powered snow plow chassis which was cool. Some of our mid mounts, aerials, and resues can reach over one million dollars w/ ease. We are currently building a Bomb Unit for San Francisco which should be way up there in price. You can see our crash test results (VERY interesting and it was fun to a part of also) , innovations, trucks in production and alot of other neat stuff at our website which is updated daily. www.ferrarafire.com
I am in a picture in trucks in production, then 3127 (Anchorage), bottom left picture. I trim out the entire interior and exterior of the cabs along w/ building them and prepping for pre-paint. You can see our bomb unit also there along w/ all of our current trucks in production. We've been getting about 12 trucks ready to head to the Firetuck show in Indianapolis this week. The last one left yesterday evening. Any questions, just ask.

Last edited:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Just wanted to say that all you firefighters in here KICK ASS for putting your lives on the line to help people. I admire each and every one of you for what you do. The world needs more people like all of you guys!

*SALUTE*

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Wow this thread kicks ass!!!

Down here in tampa, all 21 of our engines are Pierce Quantum pumpers. They had gotten 2 new ones identical to the second picture, minus the raised roof, last year. I love the quantums because of the fold down steps. People off the street will look at it and go "holy shit thats awesome". The bad thing is, after you close the door it takes a second to come back up. There were problems with lead footed drivers hauling ass out of the station to a fire the second all of the doors were shut, and the steps wouldnt come up, and they would get caught on the walls of the station, effectively ripping them off. Plus they were having hydraulic problems or soemthing.

So now, Tampa Fire is taking delivery of 5 new Pierce Enforcers, which i have no idea how they look other than on the pierce site. Im kinda dissappointed. the quantums were bad ass. Ill attatch a few pics below. This thread is the shit!

2DSC02212.gif

2DSC01740.gif

The aerial is a Dash... im almost 97.83% positive.
2DSC02243.gif

2DSC02251.jpg

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Ok here is a pic of 1 of the 2 quantums the city bought last year. You cant see the front, but it is identical 2nd picture on the first page. The roll up doors (which i hate), and the pump panel is actually behind the cab, not on the side of the truck.

619655709_l.jpg

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
I wanna be like you cool volunteer fireman and ride around with a blue light. Right on Brothers!!!

HIErPwRd

Established Member
HARDCORE!!

Cool to see that there are so many firemen here.
Just got voted onto my Department in November, still working on my qualification.

Our E-One Sentry:

211a.jpg

The tank
217a.jpg

http://fallsfd.com/apparatus.html

Then last month we got news of a grant:
http://www.newsobserver.com/930/story/421857.html

EDIT:

The guys up the street have a couple Pierce PumperTankers themselves:
:eek:
BL20420together20final-Large.jpg

New Ladder Truck said to cost upwards of $750,000 :eek: x2
firetrucks-Small.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

From time to time they call on us for mutual aid lol

Last edited:

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Yea i must say, im surprised to see it myself.

Hillsborough County Fire Department has 40 some brand new e-ones. Im still a fan of pierce, and i dont think any fire truck should be the color lime green.

I myself am not a firefighter yet. In order to be a firefighter in the tampa bay area, you have to become a paramedic within 2 to 3 years. I technically should still be in high school, but i graduated early, and finished my EMT-B in the same week this past december. Im taking an accelerated paramedic class, and we are taking our midterm tomorrow (2 exams and ACLS all in 7 days... sheesh). And im signed up for the fire academy this upcoming january, which is 3 months. I chose to do it this way because through a chiefs eyes, i wouldnt see myself useful if i wasnt a paramedic. Hey, big deal. an 18 year old FF EMT. I am getting the worst of it out of the way, and im hoping to be the youngest paramedic in the state of florida, and on the department for sure. I finish medic school beginning of september, figure id wait a month for the ****ing state to send me my authorization to test letter, and test out and get the results 2 weeks after that. So im looking at being an 18 year and 10 month paramedic, when and if i pass the test the first time. Sorry to toot my own horn, but i am absolutely in love with the job and wouldnt give it up for anything!

chrisbs

Established Member
Getting out of the airforce soon as a fire fighter. You know if any of your depts. are hiring.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Really nice truck man. These new trucks are nice and all but it seems like with everything being electronic they break down all the time. At station 1 we have a 93 quantum and man that thing has never broken down. May not be as comfortable but it definatly gets the job done.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I Definitely like the BRAT truck. That thing is awesome. I could not imagine driving down the highway and see something like that coming the other way or even up behind me.

TRXboy

Established Member
For anyone interested, this is our old Stump Jumper

Basicly a mid 70's Mini Pumper that was jacked up and had a 454 dropped in it. Ran like crap, but damn did it plow though tree's better then anything I have seen (Until we ripped the rear end off).

954front0cc.jpg

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I like how fire trucks cost half a mil...and yet you can find really old used ones for like 3k....

vtechthis03

Established Member
Those trucks are sweet! i just got excepted into EMT class and cant wait to start! Then i will go through fire then through paramedics. I Down Here in Palm Beach County it is very hard to get hired But well worth it. I am thinking about moving up to the tampa area after and working up there. What is the base pay for Tampa?

TRXboy

Established Member
wals9331 said:
I like how fire trucks cost half a mil...and yet you can find really old used ones for like 3k....

We just sold our 1991 E-one/Spartan for 75 grand.... :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread