Getting New Fire Truck at Work!!!!!!!!!!

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
To all that care, I found out lastnight that my station will be getting a new 2007 Pierce Quantum Pumper "Fire Truck". My station will be testing station it to see if the Township wants to buy more of them. Oh yea the price out the door for this fine truck in $470K. Our new truck will not have a ladder on it. That pic is just for show

newquantum29eo.jpg

oak20creek8nu.jpg

^This is what it will look like just all red.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
I live with my sister and bro in law. Bro in law is a fireman here. His station tested a new truck not to long ago and got it... It was close to a million man. Those things can be expensive but hey.... its a small price to pay for a tool to help save life and property. Good luck with everything and be careful man.

TRXboy

Established Member
Hell yeah man! We just got back from wisconsin from the peirce factory doing our final inspection on our new pumper...

photo60.jpg

Should be arriving early june, and ealy may Our BRAT come's in...

extFile.php

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
crazycarlo said:
I live with my sister and bro in law. Bro in law is a fireman here. His station tested a new truck not to long ago and got it... It was close to a million man. Those things can be expensive but hey.... its a small price to pay for a tool to help save life and property. Good luck with everything and be careful man.
Thanks

Yea The ladder Trucks are a easy Million sometimes more. In October, the Chief is retiring and as it stands I will go from a Captain to an Asst Chief :rockon: . There are two (2) Asst. Chief's, the one that I will be is in charge of buying New truck. So If I have it my way I will keep with those trucks. Oh well I will post pics as the build goes on

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
TRXboy said:
Hell yeah man! We just got back from wisconsin from the peirce factory doing our final inspection on our new pumper...

photo60.jpg

Should be arriving early june, and ealy may Our BRAT come's in...

extFile.php
Is that on a Dash or Enforcer chassis? Looks Like a Dash but grill says Enforcer

Last edited:

TRXboy

Established Member
Dash cab. Grill says Pierce.

Yeah we just got a Mid mount Bucket from Pierce that cost us 1.3M two years ago.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
pierce has some very nice rigs, Beverly Hills has a few extremely nice rigs. LA City still has the Crowns rolling around. those things are ages old
JD

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
We currently have an 1990 Sutphen 100ft platform thats due to be replaced next year. I want an all Pierce fleet, or should I say an all Quantum Fleet. Our Sutphens is a peice of sh!t. It cost the township $31K on maintance this year.

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
straightliner1 said:
What in the Hell is that thing used for - seriously? It looks like a SWAT vehicle painted red. LOL

Its a Brush truck. Brush fires in wooded areas. that thing goes in

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
PHFIRENO7783 said:
Its a Brush truck. Brush fires in wooded areas. that thing goes in

so im guessing the tires and stuff are specially made? does it carry any water to do anything? or what exactly does it do when it goes in there?

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
Tire's look like normal off road tires. I'm sure it holds water, how much, I dont know. its "TRXboy's" truck.......he knows

TRXboy

Established Member
Yup, Brush truck, Or stump Jumper's. It was a shame we didn't have it last week, a town a couple district's away had a 60 acre plot burn, and needed some of these (we got ride of our old one last year after the read end got ripped off)

The Truck hold's 400 gallons of water with a 60 gallon foam tank.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
What TWP are you a volly for? I'm guessing as just about everyone 'cept PGH is volunteer. I was a volly for Wash Twp Sta 42 in Fayette Co. from '94 till Feb '97 when I moved here to Mich. Man I miss it at times. Most Mich towns are paid or paid on call and you have to have EMT training. Either way congrats on your stations new purchase.

PHFIRENO7783

Mad poster
Established Member
Big Bad Penn Hills Twp. Combination paid/volunteer.
My position is paid, for now.
As time goes on you will see more and more volunteer companies go belly under due to lack of funds and harder state guidelines. I think training now in our state, for a volunteer is 165 hours of fire schooling. most classes are offered only on Saturdays. That is almost a year of schooling just to be a volunteer. So as Volunteer companies die due to lack of membership, the local government MUST provide fire protection. Crazy Times

Last edited:

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
Nice trucks...that brush truck fascinates me... Our town used to have a mid 0s chevy Dually that say WAY up in the air and had a what looked like utility body on it really...it had a big chrome bumper but no cage or bars of any sort. The new one our town got is actually two- a 04 PSD normal cab long bed pick up with HUGE bumper and big in-box tanks foam and water, unknown sizes, and the other truck is a big 06 350 PSD dually with big roll up doored body on it...reminds me of a beverage truck.

Users who are viewing this thread