Get 30% Off Your Discount Tire Direct Purchase

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Sorry Red Poison, this offer had been over for a while now. Not to say it won't come back, but as of now we can't find any key words that work. We do have some rebates running. Here's a link...

Rebate Offers

Was there something in particular you were after?

yes, I was looking to buy
2 - 305/35/18 Nitto 555r and
2 - 275/40/18 or 275/35/18 Nitto 555's (cant decide... dont know which one would look better. I don't want the front tire's side wall to be bigger than the rear)

you got something that could save me some moocho

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yes, I was looking to buy
2 - 305/35/18 Nitto 555r and
2 - 275/40/18 or 275/35/18 Nitto 555's (cant decide... dont know which one would look better. I don't want the front tire's side wall to be bigger than the rear)

you got something that could save me some moocho

In person, the 305/35-18 and 275/40-18 will look like they have exactly the same sidewall height. You'll see a difference if you run the 35 series up front, at least I can. You may have to make some fender mods if you run the 275/40-18s. It's a little tall and your vehicle appears to be lowered. Here's a link with our current prices.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
In person, the 305/35-18 and 275/40-18 will look like they have exactly the same sidewall height. You'll see a difference if you run the 35 series up front, at least I can. You may have to make some fender mods if you run the 275/40-18s. It's a little tall and your vehicle appears to be lowered. Here's a link with our current prices.

Ok... thats what I thought. So I should run the 35's up front? I wanted the opinion of someone who knows tires. I don't mind a slight rake look from the tires. I just don't want the front sidewall to be too big as I explained earlier. I definitely don't want to do anything to the front fenders to make the tires /fit. I'll go with the 275/35/18's up front.

Thank you for helping me finalize this and keeping me from ordering something that I would ultimately regret:beer:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member

Wouldn't the 265/35/18 look better on the front with an 18x9 rim?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wouldn't the 265/35/18 look better on the front with an 18x9 rim?

I guess that's subjective and only red poison can answer that one. It sounds to me like he's trying to keep the sidewall height the same from front to rear. The 265/35-18 would look good IMO, but it has .50" shorter sidewall height. I know it's not a huge difference.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I guess that's subjective and only red poison can answer that one. It sounds to me like he's trying to keep the sidewall height the same from front to rear. The 265/35-18 would look good IMO, but it has .50" shorter sidewall height. I know it's not a huge difference.

I know you've seen them in the warehouse, but have you seen the 265 and 275 IN PERSON on an 18X9 rim mounted on a Cobra? If so, in your opinion which tire looks best on that size rim on our cars? I know both will fit, but I want to make sure I get the "right" look. Thanks for your insight.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know you've seen them in the warehouse, but have you seen the 265 and 275 IN PERSON on an 18X9 rim mounted on a Cobra? If so, in your opinion which tire looks best on that size rim on our cars? I know both will fit, but I want to make sure I get the "right" look. Thanks for your insight.

I assume you will be running the same size front and rear? If this is indeed the case, I think the 275/35-18s look the best. If you are running staggered wheels, 18x9s and 18x10s, I think the 265/35-18 and 295/35-18 combo looks good.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok... thats what I thought. So I should run the 35's up front? I wanted the opinion of someone who knows tires. I don't mind a slight rake look from the tires. I just don't want the front sidewall to be too big as I explained earlier. I definitely don't want to do anything to the front fenders to make the tires /fit. I'll go with the 275/35/18's up front.

Thank you for helping me finalize this and keeping me from ordering something that I would ultimately regret:beer:

Sorry, I completly missed your response earlier. I think the 275/35-18s will look best. The actual sidewall height on the 275/35-18 is 3.79" The sidewall height on the 305/35-18 is 4.20" which is a difference of .41" or 1/2"

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I assume you will be running the same size front and rear? If this is indeed the case, I think the 275/35-18s look the best. If you are running staggered wheels, 18x9s and 18x10s, I think the 265/35-18 and 295/35-18 combo looks good.

I'm be running 18x9s up front and 18x10s out back with Nitto 305 Drs. With that being said do you think the 265 looks best with the 305?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Anytime :thumbsup: What do you think will look better?

Oh, I was going with what you said lol. I'll have to see them both in person on a cobra to get the true appreciation for each size. I'm sure both will look fine, but I want it right the first time, so I'll do my research before I make a purchase.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Oh, I was going with what you said lol. I'll have to see them both in person on a cobra to get the true appreciation for each size. I'm sure both will look fine, but I want it right the first time, so I'll do my research before I make a purchase.

I hear you, it's always better to get it done right the first time around. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Sorry, I completly missed your response earlier. I think the 275/35-18s will look best. The actual sidewall height on the 275/35-18 is 3.79" The sidewall height on the 305/35-18 is 4.20" which is a difference of .41" or 1/2"

I just cut some paper to the size you said... that's the look I want. They are sort of similar but smaller in the front, but not too small.

What is the sidewall height of the 265/35-18?

I do plan to run staggered - 18x9 front, 18x10 rear.

Just wanted to get a number for the 265 for fair comparison purposes. Sounds like it wouldn't be bad, I dont want the "low profile" look on the front. I don't want to be mismatched - drag's on back and drifting tires on front.
:beer:

You and me both!

I seem to have a big problem with spending money on fixing stuff "I" messed up!

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just cut some paper to the size you said... that's the look I want. They are sort of similar but smaller in the front, but not too small.

What is the sidewall height of the 265/35-18?

I do plan to run staggered - 18x9 front, 18x10 rear.

Just wanted to get a number for the 265 for fair comparison purposes. Sounds like it wouldn't be bad, I dont want the "low profile" look on the front. I don't want to be mismatched - drag's on back and drifting tires on front.
:beer:

The 265/35-18 has a sidewall height of 3.65"

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bump, Looks like this has been activated again. Read the OP and search for "xbox" looks like they are running 8% cashback through ebay again.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
I'm looking for some tires, but on eBay at least you guys are like 150 bucks higher per tire than what I have found elsewhere on the 'net.

Is this just an eBay thing?

Users who are viewing this thread