Get 30% Off Your Discount Tire Direct Purchase

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here's how:

Live.com (Microsoft) is saving you 30% off your wheels and tires from Discount Tire Directs eBay store, up to $200 per transaction/session. This may take some effort on your end but is well worth it.

Here's what you'll need:
1) An active eBay account with a verifiable PayPal account.
2) You'll also need an active Microsoft email account (IE: Hotmail, MSN). These accounts are free.

Here's how you get your savings:
1) Go to live.com. In the search bar type in WHEELS. Even if you are not searching for wheels, type it in. You can change what you are looking for in a few steps.
2) After you click search, a results page will come up. From here you will need to click the link that says:
With wheels-www.ebay.com $ Live Search cashback.​
3) This will re-direct you to eBay.
4) From here click the tab towards the top of the page that says Stores. Click it once and let the page load, click it again. You will now see a box on the left hand side that says "Find a Store." In this box select search by Store name and type in "Discount Tire Direct" and then click Search.
5) Click the Discount Tire Direct store link. Now you can browse items within our store.
6) When you find what you want to buy, Click the BUY IT NOW icon and proceed with payment. You will be asked to sign into eBay. Once you have signed in you will see the "Microsoft cash back" icon in your cart. Enter your desired quantity and click continue. You will see your total amount credited back to you from Microsoft. Please note that your credit will come in the form of a refund within 60 days (most receive their credit within 72hrs).

Please note this forum in the comments section when you make your purchase.

***If you do not see this indicated in your cart you will not get the discount. If you are having trouble with this and need help please post your question. We will do our best to help you.***

For more information on this special savings, click the link below.
Details:eBay Terms for Live Search Cashback Rewards

Last edited:

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I did this, bought a tire, saw the microsoft cashback option, but nothing has popped up in my "cashback summary" screen. Is it a problem that the name on my live account and paypal account were different? I do have the same address though...

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I did this, bought a tire, saw the microsoft cashback option, but nothing has popped up in my "cashback summary" screen. Is it a problem that the name on my live account and paypal account were different? I do have the same address though...

That's a good question. If any one knows please post up. From what I understand, it will show the pending credit usually withing 72hrs.

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
I bought my NITTOs using the live.com search. I saved 132.00 but you have to wait 60 days to get it. Everything seems to be going through as promised though.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I bought my NITTOs using the live.com search. I saved 132.00 but you have to wait 60 days to get it. Everything seems to be going through as promised though.

Let's us know when the refund comes back. Ive heard it credited back within a day! Who knows though, Microsoft does state it can take 60 days.

06gtpony

Established Member
I just bought 4 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's through it. Will wait and see if the 144ish cash back shows up.

Who do I contact if I don't see it. Microsoft?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It showed up in under 15 min.

Last edited:

wcjr

Established Member
so do you always get 30% off no matter what?

I am looking at some tires but in only has 5% in a gold circle.....

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
For this to work does you paypal have to be tied to your hotmail account? I have both, but my pp is setup with my yahoo. Max is $200? I was hoping to pick up some new wheels/tires, and that's still a good deal, but the more the better. How long is it taking you guys to receive money back?

06gtpony

Established Member
For this to work does you paypal have to be tied to your hotmail account? I have both, but my pp is setup with my yahoo. Max is $200? I was hoping to pick up some new wheels/tires, and that's still a good deal, but the more the better. How long is it taking you guys to receive money back?

My live account is a yahoo.com account also. I logged in to live and then applied for the cash back account. I was worried also but is was very easy. Just follow the directions and then click on the cash back button. Apply for the cash back account first if it makes you feel better but you can do it when you confirm the order also.

Have not gotten the money yet it just shows up in the cash back account as a pending transaction. For me in under 15min.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

The 5% discount you see next to the item is Discount Tire Directs discounted price. The 30% savings is through Microsoft. It will show you your total savings before you click commit to buy.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks like a lot of you are taking advantage of this. Make sure you are typing "SVTperformance" into the notes section of your order. This helps us, in the future to decide to continue to support this forum or not. We appreciate those that have inputted it. I have seen a few on them; Thank you.

log out of ebay and log out of live.com and start over. If you don't see the cashback tags its not working right.

The offer is currently 30% off (up to $200) per transaction so you can make multiple transactions to get the full 30% off. Just log off and back on between transactions and it should work for you. A lot of people are doing it this way.

My live account is a yahoo.com account also. I logged in to live and then applied for the cash back account. I was worried also but is was very easy. Just follow the directions and then click on the cash back button. Apply for the cash back account first if it makes you feel better but you can do it when you confirm the order also.

Have not gotten the money yet it just shows up in the cash back account as a pending transaction. For me in under 15min.

This is true you don't have to have a hotmail or msn email account. Those that do, already have a live.com account. They just need to apply for the cashback account to start receiving their cashback.

For more details please visit live.com. We are not the ones offering this and there for can not make sure you get your discount. We found this offer as any normal consumer would and thought we would pass the information on to you. This discount can be used for other ebay stores as well. Just make sure the auction you buy follows the terms and conditions of the cashback offer.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I'm looking at tires/wheels. I really wasn't ready to purchase yet, but this is tempting. If I break it up into multiple transactions (say buy my 2 18x10 rims, then my 2 18x9, then my 2 tires for the rear, then the fronts), will I still be able to take advantage of the free mounting and balancing? Also, any idea how long this will be valid? Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread