~ Gen 1 Killer Chiller~ installed/tested *Review inside*

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
My roommate and i just finished installing a 1st generation Killer Chiller on my Kenne Bell Cobra. I wasn't 100% sold on the Killer Chiller but when the Cobra he purchased a few months ago already had one on it and i saw what it did, i began looking. I picked up a 1st Gen Killer Chiller from a guy in Dallas who never got around to installing it. I didn't get a chance to install it before my KB setup got tuned so that should be beneficial to give ya'll some before/after numbers. The install is very straight forward, as long as you have patience it's something anyone can do. We started by taking the front bumper off and the hardest part was carving out the bumper support so the core would fit and be well hidden. The supplied hose for the A/C line was the EXACT length needed. It is an extremely clean kit and plumbing the lines was very easy and anyone looking in the engine bay wouldn't notice anything different. I've got an LFP intercooler fluid reservoir and the drain plug isn't going to be used anymore so i took the temperature sensor probe and installed it there. Some recommend getting your reading from the line just before the fluid enters the intercooler so you can see just how cold the Killer Chiller gets the fluid but after 3 trips to hardware stores trying to find a pvc piece that we could accomplish that and then i decided that getting the readings after the fluid had gone through the intercooler where it would be at it's highest temperature would be better so i could monitor that after highway pulls. I'm getting the wires for the gauge lengthened tomorrow so i can hook it up and see exact temperatures. so after that is hooked up i'll be able to report back with exact temperatures.

Here's the review after some highway pulls.
My Cobra has a 2.6KB @ 22psi so it generates some heat after WOT pulls. We took the car out and turned the A/C on and started cruising. once the car got up to operating temperature we got to the highway and let her rip! The car is even more violent on the hit, the blower screams louder than before, and what's most important is on the big end it pulls harder than ever! We immediately pulled over to feel the fluid and it was ice cold and the heat exchanger felt like ice.

really looking forward to seeing how much of a temperature change the fluid is seeing once i get the gauge hooked up! but it's extremely cold, even after ripping through the gears....should really be nice in the summer

This Killer Chiller is something that i wasn't sold on when i first heard about it, but i'm a believer! For all of you with high boost applications, this is really something you'll benefit from greatly! My roommate's car has one and he's got a built motor and an eaton that's seeing 16-17psi and the difference is extremely noticeable even on his setup and on mine it's night and day, ESPECIALLY on the big end. I'd say if you are considering one, quit waiting and just buy one!
Joe spent about 45min on the phone with me walking me through what the install was going to entail, he didn't leave out one step and has a quality kit. thanks joe!

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i think i got it for $300. Honestly, if i knew how great this unit worked i would have never bought a heat exchanger or reservoir.

D-MANN

Established Member
hell i got you beat.mines been sitting in the box since september of 2008.I will have to put it on this year for sure now lol.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
2nd Generation KC here. Kept the IAT2 at a nice constant 88-90 degrees the whole time while tuning on the dyno. Had the coolant exiting the intercooler under the supercharger a cool 41 degrees.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Sounds like a nice investment. Ive checked it out before, How exactly does it work?

Last edited:

pony23

Established Member
I have been debating on getting one for a while now!! Hhhmmmmmm

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I may have to invest in this...what's the difference between gen 1and gen 2?

the gen 2 is upgraded with a bigger core for better flow and more efficient cooling. Also the gen 2 kit replaces an entire line instead of having to cut and splice said line like the gen 1 kit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm honestly surprised that more people haven't bought the Killer Chiller. It's one of those mods that pays dividends at the track. Nice that Joe spent all that time with you on the phone going over the install. Great initial feedback. Very positive for sure.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I agree Bob, it's really incredible how well it works!
Joe's a great guy, and very helpful. now whenever i drive the car, i get home and put it in the garage and instantly check the reservior with my finger and it's ice cold. gettin the gauge hooked up next week and i'll have temperature readings

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm honestly surprised that more people haven't bought the Killer Chiller. It's one of those mods that pays dividends at the track. Nice that Joe spent all that time with you on the phone going over the install. Great initial feedback. Very positive for sure.

My guess would be $$$.I`d consider it when,and if I ever get enough money to go TS.
Kincaid 03-04 Mustang Cobra Killer Chiller (Upgraded Kit) [KC-0304COBRAUPGRADED] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
true, however, as i mentioned in my first post, i would rather have the killer chiller than the h/e & reservoir. and if you look at the price of those two items, it's the same. If i hadn't gotten my Killer Chiller for $400 i probably woulda sold my h/e & reservoir because that's what Joe @ Kincaid recommends. Those of you on the fence about it should consider that...

zinc

Established Member
Thanks for the right up man sounds like a great product and something definately worth investing in for a safety factor. I heard that you'll have issues at the track due to condensation from the a/c

Users who are viewing this thread