• other - please list

Votes: 31 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
4:10s

My goal was a little different.....I wanted a street beast 0 - 60 car.....I am near the 600 range (before blown motor) with my Whippled and all other mods and have 4:10's.

The 4:10's are great......however....I have to shift into 3rd at 57mph and plan to either have a higher rpm range with the new motor......and or go to 28's.....which effectively is about 3:90's.

Love the 4:10's they are very close to perfect for me.......and may be perfect with a rev range of 7100 or 7200.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I am going to a solid and putting 4:30's in them with a 2.76 upper...... I will let you guys know how I like them over my current 4:10's

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm going to have to agree with Hwystr, it's just a #... i don't see how it can cause more driveline noise then any other gear rartio
stlblack03 said:
Hwystr - that is the craziest thing I've ever heard...where is more info on this...it makes no sense to me at all. I would say 4.10's would be the best street/track gear for these cars.

pb1302

Established Member
I had 4.10's in my GT and loved them......been to the track here in Germany (Nurnburgring) and they helped a lot......my friend in his 99 Cobra had a hard time getting up to speed and picking the right gear around that track with his 3.27's stockies......cant wait to see what it feels like in the 03 with 4.10's......if the GT could do 161mph on the Autobahn in 5th then I am sure that I will be happy with the 6th the cobra has........

4.10's all the way......

palehorse

Established Member
That is including the install?? Aren't the gears themselves about 180 bucks? I was guessing $350-$450 just for the install?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
no the gears can be had for about $150 and the install and everything was $180. so figure about $350 for the gears AND install.

palehorse

Established Member
I am considering the swap to 4:10. In speaking with someone I consider very knowledgeable and with significant experience with late model mustangs of all types, he thinks they are a great idea, as you will get into your power band quicker. When I asked him about how to not just boil off the tires, his response was learn how to drive.

I am currently pullied, getting exhaust next week, and will likely be ported this year. For those of you with similar or more Hp, is it as simple as "learning how to drive" as this guy suggested? It seems to me that the only real question is if you can be as quick or quicker from a dig.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I love my 4:30's in my solid. I rips so hard in 1st and 2nd I can't explain it. Go for it if you thinking to get 4:10's. You won't regret it.....

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Jpjr said:
ya know its funny.. all the guys who have not tried 4.10's are saying that you would get no traction on the street.... and all the guys with 4.10's say they have turned thier cars into street animals.. lol

i think if i were going to change it would be 4.10's.. it's one of those things where if your going to bother at all you might as well go all the way. all i have heard is 4.10 guys loving thier cars on the street which is really encouraging.

in my opinion, if want to know why the stock gearing is set at a low ratio its so that the car can run with the vette's on the top end. for those of us who don't drive the car past 120, but like to get there as fast as we can.. 4.10's are probably not a bad idea. just beef up the tranny and rear and you would be fine IMO.

Not to mention most of our cars seem to be dying on top speed full throttle runs with the stock piston to wall clearance.

I had 4.10's on my '00 GT and it was a little annoying on the highway but I think they'd be more appropriate on Terminators when you compare final drive ratios between the T-45 and T-56.

I've ridden in a 500rwhp Terminator with 4.10's and 18's with 295 Nitto DR's on the back and it didn't seem like there was any drama with the car. I.E. it felt really powerful but the rev's weren't too high on the freeway.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
cpu77 said:
Alot of guys have said they are buying 4.10's. How about some reviews!

Thay also say they are an animal on the street, How about some track times.
I have 3.27s in my Cobra right now (gt 8.8 swap), And I can not launch hard without a bog. I am thinking about 3.73s. A little better that the stock .55s and a hell of a lot better than the .27s.

racebronco2

Established Member
i run 4.10 and would do it again. my gas mileage has improved cause there is not much of a load on the engine and very seldom do i get into boost when driving on thr freeway. i do top out in 4th in the 1/4 mile at about 6400rpms. on open track events it feels alot better when shifting from 4th to 5th and you can feel it accelerate unlike the 3.55's. you will get more wheelspin if you don't wheelhop.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I think that I am going to go 3.73s. It will give me room to mod without worrying about hitting the rev limiter going through the traps.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I plan on going with the 4.10's, but will be changing my 5th, and 6th gears to the Viper ratio's. If my calculations are correct this will keep my RPM's in 5th and 6th the same as the stock 5th and 6th gears would be with the stock 3.55's. Has anyone here done this?

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I did the 3.73s and so far I love them. I nocked a nother tenth off of my time with a softer launch. I will try to launch a little harder next time and see if I can pull a 1.5x 60 ft time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread