Gauges reset during WOT (All needles go left for a second)

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've had similar happen, but it was more random. Twice slowing down after a pull, and once just cruising along at lower RPM. I tested and cleaned every single ground. Alternator voltage never dipped below 13.5 at any point. I lost gauges as well as recorded data during that reset period.

But the most recent one after I tested and cleaned the grounds lead me to believe it's a Livelink/datalink issue. It lost vehicle speed for a split second before everything else. The car kept pulling the entire time. It's like it's dropping messages on the datalink, but the PCM is still working. And beyond that, it's only done this while logging with Livelink. I've never seen it outside of when I'm datalogging.

It is an SCT issue. And they're aware of it. On their forum they basically told the Ford owners too bad. They're not going to do anything to fix it.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Got new alternator in and upgraded firmware on the SCT X4 and it recorded my whole run. Still seeing 12.1 volts at top of WOT tho.

Next up is I'm gonna run 4 gauge wire from my alternator to the battery in my trunk with a 200 amp inline fuse in the middle. Thinking the stock wire can't keep up with the draw at the top of WOT. With this added wire I think it should fix it so I'll see 13+ volts at the top of my pulls.

Users who are viewing this thread