Gas Taxes By State As Of July 2021

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
D379F53F-AAE7-4816-AC26-E87791B68986.jpeg

Source:

@gimmie11s - I'm sure you've already started to pack - lol.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Right, no state tax though.
I don’t know about Florida but that was a big selling point when I took my first job in Texas but when I got here, settled in, and really started running the numbers, between sales tax and property tax the difference wasn’t that much unless you were buying a house.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Mind you this doesn’t include the $0.1840 Fed tax. (On gas)

Since I’m out of the fuel game now I can only make an educated guess. But my region:
Market fuel closed at 1.98
Tax .79
Pipeline/rack mark up .10 minimum
Total 2.87
Street price $2.95-3.15

.8-.28 margin

(not including ethanol blending or RIN sales)

Seems pretty on par.

Use API for taxes, Gas & Diesel differ.:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don’t know about Florida but that was a big selling point when I took my first job in Texas but when I got here, settled in, and really started running the numbers, between sales tax and property tax the difference wasn’t that much unless you were buying a house.

They're going to get their money one way or the other. To make the most of the no income tax states you need to live modestly with a high income.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
In 2012 our governor signed a bill that raised the gas tax to the highest in the nation at the time. The money was to be set aside to fix our crumbling road and bridges. At the time they needed to raise $7 billion to fix every road and bridge in the state. They raised over $6 billion dollars and not damn road or bridge has been fixed.
A couple of years ago they unapologetically stole the money to fund the state pension system.

What they did do was put barriers up to turn bridges into single lanes and half-assed patched sections of state highways or they just closed bridges.

When you ride around here the plagues on the bridges tell you what year they were built. 90% were built between 1910 and 1920. 5% are wooden covered bridges. The other 5% are bridges that have been redone in the last 50 years. Rt. 611 is a concrete highway that was built 80 years ago. Penn DOT's solution is to just pave over it, so every time you have freeze thaw cycle the road heaves and the old concrete expansion joints show up.

When you go down South the roads are like glass. Sure they don't get the winters we do but they also have a fraction of the resources we do.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Mind you this doesn’t include the $0.1840 Fed tax. (On gas)

Since I’m out of the fuel game now I can only make an educated guess. But my region:
Market fuel closed at 1.98
Tax .79
Pipeline/rack mark up .10 minimum
Total 2.87
Street price $2.95-3.15

.8-.28 margin

(not including ethanol blending or RIN sales)

Seems pretty on par.

Use API for taxes, Gas & Diesel differ.:

Thanks! Great interactive map.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In 2012 our governor signed a bill that raised the gas tax to the highest in the nation at the time. The money was to be set aside to fix our crumbling road and bridges. At the time they needed to raise $7 billion to fix every road and bridge in the state. They raised over $6 billion dollars and not damn road or bridge has been fixed.
A couple of years ago they unapologetically stole the money to fund the state pension system.

What they did do was put barriers up to turn bridges into single lanes and half-assed patched sections of state highways or they just closed bridges.

When you ride around here the plagues on the bridges tell you what year they were built. 90% were built between 1910 and 1920. 5% are wooden covered bridges. The other 5% are bridges that have been redone in the last 50 years. Rt. 611 is a concrete highway that was built 80 years ago. Penn DOT's solution is to just pave over it, so every time you have freeze thaw cycle the road heaves and the old concrete expansion joints show up.

When you go down South the roads are like glass. Sure they don't get the winters we do but they also have a fraction of the resources we do.
Retarded demonRATS also illegally stole money from the transportation fund years ago here in WI. The next administration was forced to pay back the transportation fund and of course nobody was held accountable.

What always gets me is that politicians rag on big oil for making profits when they make 7 or 8 cents a gallon sold. Depending on the state, state governments get 25-65 cents a gallon and the feds get 18 cents a gallon. Who's really screwing the consumer/taxpayer???

I never knew what CA's gas tax was but I see it's only 24 cents more than WI. I was just on a cruise and a guy from CA said gas was close to $5 a gallon there and it's about $3 here in WI. Transportation costs can't be much more so it must come down to CA's BS anti-business stances.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Retarded demonRATS also illegally stole money from the transportation fund years ago here in WI. The next administration was forced to pay back the transportation fund and of course nobody was held accountable.

What always gets me is that politicians rag on big oil for making profits when they make 7 or 8 cents a gallon sold. Depending on the state, state governments get 25-65 cents a gallon and the feds get 18 cents a gallon. Who's really screwing the consumer/taxpayer???

I never knew what CA's gas tax was but I see it's only 24 cents more than WI. I was just on a cruise and a guy from CA said gas was close to $5 a gallon there and it's about $3 here in WI. Transportation costs can't be much more so it must come down to CA's BS anti-business stances.

What makes it worse here is our state House and Senate are majority republicans. 90% ****ing rino scum.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not surprised CA is #1. Am a bit surprised that CT is #17. I thought we'd be closer to #10. Still high, though. AK is #50 at 14.9 cents per gallon.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Not surprised CA is #1. Am a bit surprised that CT is #17. I thought we'd be closer to #10. Still high, though. AK is #50 at 14.9 cents per gallon.

That is because Ak gets a subsidy hence the low rate. It is a sort of, Allowing us to build and operate the pipeline we'll give you a break on oil prices and also help out with your infrastructure.

But where they really get you is $5-8 for a loaf of bread or $4.75 for a 12 oz can of Coke

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What else am I paying for with this?

The cheapest gas in CO right now is 2.80 per gallon, which I genuinely haven't seen. I paid 3.39 this morning.

In Texas it's $0.17 cheaper than that.

Is it a market adjustment for cost of living? The tax difference is $0.02 between the states and I know when I used to work in maintenance at a gas station/car wash chain our highest profit store (which was very high compared to most other places in the state), was like $0.22 per gallon. Our lowest margin location never went under $0.08 per gallon.

Users who are viewing this thread