Gas Tank Cover?

96 chris

Established Member
I posted this on sn95forums way back, but I was surprised that NO ONE was even the least bit interested. I know some of you guys are members over there but I'm not too sure of how many of them browse here. Anyways I was surprised by the total lack of interest.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
WE NEED MORE POEPLE TO SIGN ON! THE MORE WE GET PRODUCED THE CHEAPER PER PIECE IT WILL BE FOR ALL OF US! THOSE THAT ROAM IN OTHER FORUMS SPREAD THE WORD AND HAVE THEM SIGN ON!​

-CDC AEROSHIELD-
(Gas Tank Cover)

Please No Flakes. Once you are in it, you are in it to win it! :thumbsup:

On the List:
1. 32V FICobra :rockon:
2. 96 chris :rockon:
3. TripleBlack :rockon:
4. Blown_By_You :rockon:
5. fire :rockon:
6. blackcobrapilot :rockon:
7. Chuckieduck :rockon:
8. paintballpyro1 :rockon:

Dropped off:
351inside - Funds Needed Elsewhere
ryanr24 - Interested in the Diffuser V2
paintballpyro1 - Funds Needed Elsewhere
SpittingCobra - Interested in the Diffuser V2
Erick - Interested in the V3 Rear Exit Cover

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is what your rear end could look like!

1eb8_12.gif

1fd0_12.gif

UPDATE!

Ok guys I contacted Colby & Patrick over at CDC. Per the offer on this thread posted by Colby, how better can it get! I will now ask those that are on the list if they are still interested? Please post up on the thread your interest to stay on or drop off. I will update the details on the sign up list as soon as I get a chance today. This is it GUYS! GO fishing for members in other forums and bring them here. Have them join svtperformance.com and have them sign up. Like Colby mentioned, the more parts we get produces the cheaper the price per piece!

Who is still in, and who is out?

Super Update:
-Recent events-

Received contact from Colby and Patrick from CDC, all positive feedback. Word from Patrick is that he will be speaking with the big guys at CDC on coordinating and requesting parts minimum & hopefully a price soon. :thumbsup:

:::::Still waiting for a response, hopefully after the holiday weekend we can get some info:::::

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Sorry Robert. I meant I haven't had any inquiries from any of my threads on the other forums. An update from CDC would be nice though.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
WE NEED MORE POEPLE TO SIGN ON! THE MORE WE GET PRODUCED THE CHEAPER PER PIECE IT WILL BE FOR ALL OF US! THOSE THAT ROAM IN OTHER FORUMS SPREAD THE WORD AND HAVE THEM SIGN ON!​

-CDC AEROSHIELD-
(Gas Tank Cover)

On the List:

Dropped off:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1eb8_12.gif

1fd0_12.gif

Super Update:
-Recent events-

Received contact from Colby and Patrick from CDC, all positive feedback. Word from Patrick is that he will be speaking with the big guys at CDC on coordinating and requesting parts minimum & hopefully a price soon. :thumbsup:

:::::Still waiting for a response/update from CDC:::::

Last edited:

97 cobra

Established Member
I know i'm new to the site but i've sat here and read all 12 pages of this and i am very interested in this part depending on the price so can you guys sign me for 1 please.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member

-CDC AEROSHIELD-
(Gas Tank Cover)

On the List:
9. 97 cobra :rockon:

Dropped off:

1eb8_12.gif

1fd0_12.gif

Super Update:
-Recent events-

---Got Contact from CDC---

"Hi Robert!

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you – I’ve been traveling the last few weeks. I will meet with Colby and see what his latest progress is, and either he or I will get back to you asap. Talk to you soon,

Patrick Lee
Classic Design Concepts, LLC"

Last edited:

97 cobra

Established Member
Thanks man...i know most sites won't let you do anything without a minimum post count so i was iffy if you were gonna add me or not. If we can get this for a decent price i'll be all over this because i think it would look good painted black along with the bottom of my rear bumper to go on my white cobra

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Ok guys. Got contact from Colby Hubbard @ CDC and it's not good. :xpl:

"Robert,

Sadly, I have some bad news. We thought the tool was operational but it appears its not. It has a small stress crack that makes it unuseable. When we were cleaning it up we noticed it. Its been awhile since its been in production and the guy that manages the tools wasnt here when we took it out of production and didnt know it was because it was unuseable. I feel really bad about it but we're not going to be able to produce the piece..............

Colby Hubbard
Classic Design Concepts"

Colby gave me exclusive rights to have the cover reproduced by anyone as long as it is not for retail use/sale/profit.

Now with that permission.............:banana:

Last week I contacted a SoCalCarbon & these are the routes we can take to get this done.

"Robert,

I will quote you some prices & different material so that you can get an idea on how much it'll be.

1) Repair part & make mold: If you do plan on making several peices of this then I would recomend making the Master Mold out of Epoxy, do to the fact that it will keep it's shape for an extremely long time w/o getting deformed. You can go a cheeper rout & do it out of polyester, but not recomended. I use aircraft grade epoxy on most molds that are in larger sizes & require multiple peices made.

Repair & Master Mold:
--price for repair & make a master mold out of Epoxy: $1,200.00
--for a polyester mold: $850.00

Parts made out of mold;
--Vacuum bagged exposed Carbon fiber with Core structure,epoxy (extremly strong part) ..$725.00

--Vacuum bagged fiberglass with Core structure, epoxy (Strong) ..$600.00

--Regular polyester wet lay up fiberglass part (least expensive; not as strong) ..$475.00

All parts will be in finished condition, ready to paint. S&H is not included.

Hope this helps you out,

Kind regards,
Albert S."

We need to GET at least 12-15 firm members to sign up and take deposits to cover the price of the mold. Now the parts to be produced will depend on how strong of a part & on how much everyone would like to spend. Also, the cost of the mold would have to be spread even between all the buyers. Before any money is exchanged I will be visiting this shop and take pictures of the quality and samples of the 3 options we have.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
To bad about CDC but it was very generous of them to give you the mold and the rights to produce them for the group:rockon: I am still in for one of any version at this point. Keep the updates coming.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
To bad about CDC but it was very generous of them to give you the mold and the rights to produce them for the group:rockon: I am still in for one of any version at this point. Keep the updates coming.

They didn't give me the mold only rights to reproduce it. SoCalCarbon will fix the 2 small cracks on the cover I have, and do a mold out of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread