Gas Tank Cover?

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Ok guys here is the situation....bad news, and good news:

Bad news:

The facility has canceled the project due to Patents on the cover. It was stated that there protection on the part and it's design as indicated by Patric Lee from CDC. I can't get the cover copied without the risk of getting sued or worse. This is the reason NO ONE has copied this part and NO ONE is selling it as their own. I tried guys, I trully thought we could have gotten this thing done......but the legal stuff:nonono:, that's just something we have very minimal control over. Without the full release from CDC, I'm afraid to say but this is the end.

Good News (for one lucky cobra):

I've decided on staying with my rear exit exhaust and I will be putting the cover up on Ebay for bid within the next 2-3 weeks. For years, I looked for this cover and now that I have it, I realized how much I trully love my rear exit exhaust note, besides those of you that already have side exhaust deserve it more than I do:beer:.

If any of you guys are interested in bidding let me know so I can send you the link via PM once I set up the listing.

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
PM sent.

And thanks for all the effort you put in for us! :beer:

You gave it your best shot, and I think we can all appreciate that.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Sorry to hear Robert but it's not the end of the world either. Maybe with the commotion you caused CDC will re-release it but i'll not hold my breath. Send me the ebay link when your ready to sell. Thanks again for the hard work for everyone:rockon:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Thanks for all the support :beer:

Patric Lee is great help over at CDC. Informed me they were able to locate the tool & if there is enough interest in bringing the part back to life, he may be able to convince the guys "upstairs" (his boss). Nevertheless, he said currently they do not plan on making any in the immediate future. There is a small glimmer of hope if we get enough people to request re-vamping production on this part. Though, I'm sure it would take more than the 10 members on this list to get things moving over at CDC.

Last edited:

CdcColby

Hey guys, My name is Colby and I work over at CDC. I got an email from Bill Ely about your aeroshield thread. We always like to listen to our customers and we always want to help out when we can because we're all mustang enthusiast ourselves. We haven’t produced this piece in awhile but if you want to get some people together for a run we could get you a price if you want. Just a rule of thumb, the more parts the cheaper the part. We’re willing to work with you guys if you’re going to try and reproduce the piece. I’m not sure who’s heading this project up but if somebody would like to get more details and work something out please email me at [email protected] or call me at 866-624-7997.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Hey guys, My name is Colby and I work over at CDC. I got an email from Bill Ely about your aeroshield thread. We always like to listen to our customers and we always want to help out when we can because we're all mustang enthusiast ourselves. We haven’t produced this piece in awhile but if you want to get some people together for a run we could get you a price if you want. Just a rule of thumb, the more parts the cheaper the part. We’re willing to work with you guys if you’re going to try and reproduce the piece. I’m not sure who’s heading this project up but if somebody would like to get more details and work something out please email me at [email protected] or call me at 866-624-7997.

There was actually a list of about 10 guys ready to purchase one. I'm pretty sure they are still willing to.

Thanks for the offer!

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
WE NEED MORE POEPLE TO SIGN ON! THE MORE WE GET PRODUCED THE CHEAPER PER PIECE IT WILL BE FOR ALL OF US! THOSE THAT ROAM IN OTHER FORUMS SPREAD THE WORD AND HAVE THEM SIGN ON!​

-CDC AEROSHIELD-
(Gas Tank Cover)
- - Sing Up List - -

Please No Flakes. Once you are in it, you are in it to win it! :thumbsup:

On the List:
1. 32V FICobra :rockon:
2. 96 chris :??:
3. TripleBlack :??:
4. Blown_By_You :??:
5. fire :??:
6. Erick :??:
7. blackcobrapilot :??:
8. Chuckieduck :rockon:

Dropped off:
351inside - Funds Needed Elsewhere
ryanr24 - Interested in the Diffuser V2
paintballpyro1 - Funds Needed Elsewhere
SpittingCobra - Interested in the Diffuser V2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is what your rear end could look like!

1eb8_12.gif

1fd0_12.gif

UPDATE!

Ok guys I contacted Colby & Patrick over at CDC. Per the offer on this thread posted by Colby, how better can it get! I will now ask those that are on the list if they are still interested? Please post up on the thread your interest to stay on or drop off. I will update the details on the sign up list as soon as I get a chance today. This is it GUYS! GO fishing for members in other forums and bring them here. Have them join svtperformance.com and have them sign up. Like Colby mentioned, the more parts in demand the cheaper the price for everyone! So, who is still in and who is out?

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
-CDC AEROSHIELD-
(Gas Tank Cover)
- - Sing Up List - -

A quick question. Do we sing for our supper or SIGN up:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread