Gas Tank Cover?

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Anyone know where I can get this gas tank cover? After seeing this car with the cover in another thread it made me want to look for it again.

1eb8_12.gif

1fd0_12.gif

Found more pic's.........

342630_6_full.gif

342630_11_full.gif

342630_5_full.gif

Last edited:

Dekorum

Established Member
I was just thinking the same thing when I saw those pics from the cai thread. That gas tank looks cool as hell but I don't know how he did that or what it is.

Maybe you should message him on ebay.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember YEARS AGO a site called www.speedblonde.com used to sell that piece.

BTW, the piece is supposed to primarily be painted black.\, along with the bottom area of the rear bumper.

When painted correctly, it looks sooooo much better.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I thought CDC was the OEM for this peice but can't find it.

Man I love that piece. If I ever get that cover it will be the last push towards the side exhaust which I been putting a side.

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
lLook good and bad

Good: Kind of drops the bumper a little which i think we need badly

Bad: It looks ( i really dont know, just looks funny) LOL

ZV Cobra

Established Member
Ive got a 50resto catalog from a few years back and its in there listed as an Aeroshield for the rear bumper. It also says it was made by CDC for $265. The part number is CDC-105000 but when i look it up on the website it doesnt find anything.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Aeroshield!!!!! YES THAT WAS IT! Man I remember nights when I would just drool at it in pic's on Mustang World....a bunch of guys had the cover on there.

ZV COBRA.........thanks for the info that will sure help!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I was looking for a pic of that a week ago. Let us know if it is still available when you hear back from 5.0

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Update:

Contacted:
Mark P., California Mustang
"Try latemodelrestoration.com"

Contacted:
Brad Taylor, Latemodel Restoration Supply
Advertising and Research Manager
"That cover was called an Aeroshield and was made by Classic Design Concepts. They no longer sell them and as far as I know, no one else is making them."

Contacted:
Patrick Lee, Classic Design Concepts, LLC
"Thanks for the interest and email. You are correct, we used to manufacture that part a number of years back, but unfortunately it has been discontinued, and I do not believe anyone else is making anything similar, either. I apologize for the bad news – good luck with your Mustang! Thanks again,"

Contacted:
James Whitty, Derand Motorsports in Canada
"sorry roberto i have done a lot of digging and apparently they dont make that item anymore i checked with my supplier and i alos checked with cdc direct and they both said none left and no plans to make more if there is anything else i can help with just let me know thanks"

Contacted:
plmldm4321 (ebay cobra owner)
"Thank you. I purchased the gas tank valance in '97 from Classic Mustang. They were in Michigan."

-I asked if he was willing to sell it, with the expectaion of "yes" but reallity of a "no".-
"I respect you for giving it a shot and being honest. But you are correct, no. I can't promise you but I will in the next few days try to find the receipt with their info. As I said I can't promise you I'll find anything"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't think of any more places where they had it in the past or seem to have it in their available parts catalogs. If you know of any place possible post it. :read:

Someone has to have one out there!:dw:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread