Fuel Filter Change Writeup (13 pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Good write up. I change my fuel filter out every 3rd oil change. With this crappy 91 cali gas my filter gets dirty quick. I even had detonation issues before because of my clogged fuel filter. I do it for peace of mind.

Hye

Established Member
nice writeup!

question, in picture #6 where you clip on the red tool to the fuel line, what exactly is the purpose of that?

the transition on how to loosen the end of the fuel filter line from picture 6-->7 is what i'm wondering about

do you need to use the red tool for BOTH sides or just the left side as shown in the pic?

thanks! going to do this soon!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
great write-up. i'm porting the blower in about 10 days, and i plan on doing a full write up with pictures.

kirk

airmanb2b

Established Member
Hye06 said:
nice writeup!

question, in picture #6 where you clip on the red tool to the fuel line, what exactly is the purpose of that?

the transition on how to loosen the end of the fuel filter line from picture 6-->7 is what i'm wondering about

do you need to use the red tool for BOTH sides or just the left side as shown in the pic?

thanks! going to do this soon!

The tool clips around the metal line on the filter and is pushed into the main fuel line. The tool is used to release the clips inside the fuel line. Like I said, push the tool into the main line and you will hear a click. The is the tool doing it's job. Grab the fuel line and tool in your left hand and pull. LIne should come off. You will need to do this on both sides.

Best thing to do is just get after it. It only took me an hour. That included all the pic taking and a break in between.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
airmanb2b said:
The tool clips around the metal line on the filter and is pushed into the main fuel line. The tool is used to release the clips inside the fuel line. Like I said, push the tool into the main line and you will hear a click. The is the tool doing it's job. Grab the fuel line and tool in your left hand and pull. LIne should come off. You will need to do this on both sides.

Best thing to do is just get after it. It only took me an hour. That included all the pic taking and a break in between.

They're not clips, its a spring. The tool expands the spring allowing room for the flange on the fuel line to pass underneath as you pull the lines apart.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Just changed mine out tonight and about to do a buddy's, thanks for the write up! Is this not in the How-Tos yet?

Hye

Established Member
just changed mine this weekend, grabbed that same tool but from pepboys. Easy swap. make sure you have a towel near you, gas on arms doesnt feel great.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
damn pimp, you can change mine when you get up here seeing you are so good at it, I will drink beer and take notes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread