FRPP 07-08 GT500 Power upgrade pack - 540hp and keep your warranty

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
It would help out alot if someone threw one of the FRPP cars with the power pack, on a dyno so we can see what the hp difference really is.

Yes it would.
Purvis you know the Ford racing tune is going to be mellow, but we wont know how mellow until one is dynoed. :shrug:

The FRPP CAI looks great regardless.:beer:

Bet you will swap pullies by 3000 miles regardless.;-)

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Yes it would.
Purvis you know the Ford racing tune is going to be mellow, but we wont know how mellow until one is dynoed. :shrug:

The FRPP CAI looks great regardless.:beer:

Bet you will swap pullies by 3000 miles regardless.;-)

LMAO!
Yeah thats what Im affraid off. 550rwhp is too tempting. :lol1:

Cypher-M1

Established Member
typically stock Ford codes that say use 91..can really use 89...but their Ford Racing codes really do require 91 and when you look at them in SCT they are a lot more detailed when its comes to A/F and timing.

ff500

Established Member
Well I'm dropping my car off tomorrow.

fr3 handling pack
3.73 gears
svt sgt mufflers
svt short throw
roush painted louvers
frpp cai

I'm going to wait on the wheel hop kit and panhard bar, See how the car handles first. I have to tell you I'm really impressed with Imperial Ford so far, in the future they will have a dyno set up and be sponsering mustang clubs, have a dedicated 4 bay garage for modifying our cars along with the Roush's.They are also making sure I have a ride home after dropping my car off, my car will be inside at all times.

Captain Beyond

Established Member

fr3 handling pack
3.73 gears
svt sgt mufflers
svt short throw
roush painted louvers
frpp cai

I'm going to wait on the wheel hop kit and panhard bar, See how the car handles first. I have to tell you I'm really impressed with Imperial Ford so far, in the future they will have a dyno set up and be sponsering mustang clubs, have a dedicated 4 bay garage for modifying our cars along with the Roush's.They are also making sure I have a ride home after dropping my car off, my car will be inside at all times.

That's exactly what I want to do with my car (except the louvers). Let us know your impressions of your car after these mods. :coolman:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Ive been going back and fourth about this for the last few days. I ordered it, and then I called the parts guy back, and said to hold off becauseI was still thinking it over.:shrug:

It would help out alot if someone threw one of the FRPP cars with the power pack, on a dyno so we can see what the hp difference really is.

Check out the stangsunleashed/teamshelby website. I remember reading something on there about this.

rkelon

Established Member
I am looking to put the FR1SVT kit on my car with the 5GT exhaust. However, I am looking for the best price just for the parts, the best I have is $1350 for the kit and $450 for the exhaust. Anyone know where we can get these parts for a better price? Thanks

chuckstang

Established Member
ChucKj how do you like the sgt's.

They are very nice but I have the same complaints as everyone else, they are not noticeble enough as they do not stick out or hang as low as others out there and they are not that loud. I would not go any quieter!

It is very calm cool and collected. I like how it is very very deep sounding, so it is somewhat unique for a Mustang. Most stangs burble and pop with their off road H and flows as you know lol

gritz45

Established Member
That's exactly what I want to do with my car (except the louvers). Let us know your impressions of your car after these mods. :coolman:

fr3 handling pack
3.73 gears
svt sgt mufflers
svt short throw
roush painted louvers
frpp cai

I'm having the FR3 svt handling pack and FR1 svt power pack installed with BMR adjustable panhard, supposed to pick her up tomorrow. I'm out 4400 for parts, install, alignment all in.

chuckstang

Established Member
Is there any significance in the 3 and 1 in FR3/FR1?

I assume those are just the handling pack and power pack for the 07-08 gt500

Captain Beyond

Established Member
They are very nice but I have the same complaints as everyone else, they are not noticeble enough as they do not stick out or hang as low as others out there and they are not that loud. I would not go any quieter!

It is very calm cool and collected. I like how it is very very deep sounding, so it is somewhat unique for a Mustang. Most stangs burble and pop with their off road H and flows as you know lol

Do the SGTs burble & pop on deceleration? I loved that sound in my Borla Stinger equipped Terminator.

ff500

Established Member
I'm having the FR3 svt handling pack and FR1 svt power pack installed with BMR adjustable panhard, supposed to pick her up tomorrow. I'm out 4400 for parts, install, alignment all in.

I didn't get a chance to drop her off yesterday, I'm shooting for today they just need an hours notice as they are giving me a ride home. I am paying about 5200 parts and labor on my stuff, Please let us know how you like the handling and power pack.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Do the SGTs burble & pop on deceleration? I loved that sound in my Borla Stinger equipped Terminator.

Not on my car....but you'll have more air moving through them with your blower...so I bet they would. I'm going to swap mine out for the Stingers...since I'm N/A.
Actually when my motor is cold and on a startup, if I rev it it will burble and pop...but only on cold motor. Not driving around.

chuckstang

Established Member

Ill be honest I have not heard it from the outside but from the inside, no there is no burble and poping.

From what I have been told is that from the outside there is none either.

But I have heard it rev when I was standing behind it and it did sound good to me.

Its a different frequency or tone than what most people think a Mustang should sound like is the best way to describe it. Think Lambo v12 deep bass sounding.

:beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
Not on my car....but you'll have more air moving through them with your blower...so I bet they would. I'm going to swap mine out for the Stingers...since I'm N/A.
Actually when my motor is cold and on a startup, if I rev it it will burble and pop...but only on cold motor. Not driving around.

Mine act just as you described on yours so it looks as though the blower makes no difference.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Ill be honest I have not heard it from the outside but from the inside, no there is no burble and poping.

From what I have been told is that from the outside there is none either.

But I have heard it rev when I was standing behind it and it did sound good to me.

Its a different frequency or tone than what most people think a Mustang should sound like is the best way to describe it. Think Lambo v12 deep bass sounding.

:beer:

I recently heard a Mustang GT with the 5GTs and an o/r x-pipe. The sound was pure sex with plenty of burble & pop. That's the sound I'm after, but don't want to go with an o/r x. I wonder if the 5GTs still pop with the factory catted h-pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread