FRPP 07-08 GT500 Power upgrade pack - 540hp and keep your warranty

Fastfords

Established Member
Sorry to dig this thread up. Since my car was stolen and I am thinking of getting another I am wondering what the story is on this mod/ The way I read the FRPP listing is that the mods on a GT carry the 3 year/36k warranty but the GT500 only a 12/12? Is that correct? I asked a dealer about it today and they did not seem to know a whole bunch but, they were salesmen.

6-Speed

Established Member
The FRPP CAI looks great, I would love to see some dyno numbers of before and after. Can you flash the car back to stock with the Ford controller that comes with the FRPP CAI?
You can use the Procal to return the stock tune to the PCM.

ff500

Established Member
Sorry to dig this thread up. Since my car was stolen and I am thinking of getting another I am wondering what the story is on this mod/ The way I read the FRPP listing is that the mods on a GT carry the 3 year/36k warranty but the GT500 only a 12/12? Is that correct? I asked a dealer about it today and they did not seem to know a whole bunch but, they were salesmen.

The factory warranty stays the same, the 12/12 is probably on the frpp parts.

mullens

Established Member
That would be my biggest negative against the FRPP CAI kit is dealing with their calibration tool. I like to be able to plug my X-cal in and make my own adjustments for tire size, gears, etc.
I hate packing and mailing stuff.:bash:

Still looks sweet though. :)
Going with the Ford Racing has it's advantages, but IMO an aftermarket tuner is the way to go. I'll take the infinite adjustability of my SCT along with 80 hp vs 40 any day. I've flashed my last 3 vehicles (including my Powerstroke, which FMC was watching very carefully) and never had any warranty concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread